*Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 561 Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
what is the cost of the pico i was thinking it was $$$ around 75$ or so am i mistaken?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 561 Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
i linked above the pico and adapter. most i have ever paid was $35 shipped. Frequently the power brick goes cheap like $10 so the pair can be had for $30 shipped to your door in the us from amazon..
post #543 of 561 Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

well damn, I should have went that route when i still had the 200 series. for some reason I was thinking it was double that.
post #544 of 561 Old 11-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Liked: 10
Hello guys,

I've had the power supply failure also and gave the unit to a friend of mine who repaired the power supply and replaced all the cheap chinese caps with much better panasonic ones ! Hopefully these will last longer, unless there's a problem with the design itself which will lead to failure of the caps no matter how good they are. Now, if you can help me with my other problems I would be gratefull. I play my movies both by direct streaming from my computer (very good signal, less than 4m between the comp and the TV) and from the internal HD of my PCH. While most mkvs are fine, I encountered problems with the movies filmed by myself (mp4 or avchd) using the Canon 5D mk2 (25fps) and Canon legria HF-G30 (50fps). Sometimes I get slow motion, sometimes sound misses or gets interrupted...At first I streamed them from my comp and I thought the bitrate is too high for my connection so I copied them onto the internal hdd of my PCH but with the same results. This led me to believe the PCH processor itself is too weak for 50fps. Any ideas ?
post #545 of 561 Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Hello there !

I repaired fuscobal's power supply; now what I can say about it is that it is not such a crappy PSU, because it's a PFC (Power Factor Corrector) design, which is nice, and the two SMPS's (stand by and main) are very simple straight designs (no fancy feedback inventions, etc.); after the PFC there are two PSU's : the stand by PSU (5VSB), and the main PSU (5V, 12V); the problem here was the stand by PSU, which gave up, indeed, because the crappy chinese capacitors - mainly the high voltage rail (68uF / 400V); I replaced mostly all the chinese caps with Panasonic E series for the HV input rail, and Panasonic FC series for the output voltage rails (all rated at 105C). The stand by PSU repair was also a bit tricky, because I had to rewind the chopper transformer (primary winding was burned out badly due to short circuit of the switching transistor), but in the end, it came out very stable and I don't think it will break again soon. For added safety, I mounted 1Amp fuse after the PFC, just before the stand by PSU, so in case of failure, the transformer would not burn out again. Whichever of you wants to repair it, I can provide some help :)

post #546 of 561 Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

aaron,
then you have been very lucky. there are NUMEROUS threads about the POS power supply in this thing. I LOVE my PCH almost as much as my Dune but the power supply is a complete piece of crap. Here is what I have replaced mine with and it has run flawlessly. Have also done this replacement on about 10 other pch-200's for people.
http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Box-picoPSU-80-Output-Input-Supply/dp/B005TWE5E6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361025861&sr=1-4&keywords=picopsu
http://www.amazon.com/Kinamax-AD-LCD12-Monitors-Adapter-Supply/dp/B000VE7GQQ/ref=pd_bxgy_pc_img_y
comicguy, Would the 2nd one - the sabranet work or would I need to order both? If the 2nd one would work, I would just order it and keep it - in case I have a failure.. its so cheap..
post #547 of 561 Old 01-03-2014, 04:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post

Thats a limitation of NMJ. Try Eversion+YAMJ

http://www.dentedboxes.com/doku.php/eversionb2:files
I just bought the pch c200. I have not received it yet. I am planning to use it on a network. I have a mediasonic 8 bay USB unit, with 5 drives in it, attached to my boxee, which acts as my NAS. I have two other media players 9Asus and WD) already on the network and they work just fine, showing all the drives on the network. Do I still need to download and install Eversion+YAMJ? I went to the website and I am not sure I am following about what it is that these do. Could you please eloborate on this subject and about the installation of these two?
Thank you
post #548 of 561 Old 01-03-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 715
My C200 from 2009 is still chugging along on the original Power Supply. I do have an extra one lying around somewhere. At least I think it is for the C200.

But I also don't use my C200 very much any more. When I use it, typically it is for a Tv show on a BD ISO. So I can see the full menus and select the epsisode. Most of my Tv show BD ISOs don't have the episodes in order when using BD lite. Although most of my Anime TV show BD ISOs have the epsiodes in order.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #549 of 561 Old 02-09-2014, 01:28 AM

~~good morning to all

I have just joined this site so far very impressed ... I cannot find a section that related to my issue ...... I have a C-200 and have some mkv files in 3d I noticed the other day that I get a line down the right hand side of the screen I say line it is part of the picture that should be on the left hand side hope that makes sense .... if I play files through pc no problems I think I have altered a setting somewhere but for the life of me don't know what... can anyone help sorry if this is in the wrong section but looked and cannot find a suitable section thanks in advance johnno

post #550 of 561 Old 02-09-2014, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 89
List all your video settings and connections.

Gary J
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #551 of 561 Old 02-09-2014, 04:27 AM

vid out............ 1080p 50hz

framerate sync.....ntsc/pal

vid zoom..... fit to screen

tv type....16:9

colour space ..... ycbrc  (auto)

that's the  vidieo would you need any other setting Gary

thank you

john

post #552 of 561 Old 02-09-2014, 04:30 AM

vid out  ..... 1080p 50 hz

frame rate ... ntsc/pal

vid zoom  fit to screen

tv type      16:9

colourspace     ycbcr (auto)

do you need any other setting Gary

johnx

post #553 of 561 Old 02-09-2014, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 89
You are in Europe connecting to PAL TV by HDMI?

Gary J

post #554 of 561 Old 02-09-2014, 05:22 AM

Hi again gary yes that's correct hdmi 1.4  cable

post #555 of 561 Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Hey all, frequent AVS'r, new to this category and hardware.. Just picked up a used C-200 this past weekend, after seeing it advertized all over (usually on frontend PC media websites). On our TV's, we usually use the Rasbpi running XBMC, an HTPC (also running XBMC) or consoles like the PS3/360. The consoles get their media 90% of the time through TVersity running on a "home server" PC and are the focus as they are the room that the C-200 is to be used in.

I dabbled with it (the C-200) awhile, and ultimately ended up doing the factory reset thinking there was some form of file corruption/failure. Here's what I can tell you about it:

Plugging in a USB flash drive, the thing is flawless. Played every piece of content I threw at it, from old crappy avi (divx/xvid) to the highest q mkv I had around (dont have many, I've ripped my dvd collection, but not too many Blue_Rays since the format only plays on the HTPC - Rasb shudders too much, and neither console will play an mkv, part of the main reason for the purchase!). So that was great.

Plays files from network search just fine - C-200 see's all PC's, all drives connected and streams over my WIFI just fine. (woot, again!)

BUT... It seems to absolutely refuse to play ANYTHING through my TVersity server 'collection'. While I COULD enable sharing on the drives, I'd much prefer it to do as all other devices do and access content directly through TVersity. But it doesn't. It see's the folder hierarchy, it navigates up to the file, but when you play the file, it whirs away for a moment, and simply says, "Unable to play file" in the upper right. No errors, no telling me why, nada. And it's universal. It won't play a single file, not video of any type, not mp3 audio, nothing.

When I got it, it was on a really old firmware (2010-2011?).. I updated it about 5-6 times to 5.3.2013 I think it was.. Says it's the latest.. Tried access TVersity on just about every update, wondering and hoping that the issue would be resolved after each update, but it never resolved itself.

Are the two just not compatible? Is there any way to see a log/error report or something to help guide me as to why it's "unable to play file"? I know the files aren't corrupt, they play on everything else, lol frown.gif

As always, thanks in advance for any input on the matter..

As an aside.. After playing with this thing now, what awesomeness do the newer units offer that would make me want to run out and buy the 'latest and greatest'? Got to admit, it's REAL impressive, even for it's age.
post #556 of 561 Old 06-02-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I seem to recall there is something wrong with the profile on tvversity and you either need to manually make it or adjust one that is there already.

As for what do newer units offer. they have a little better jukebox support. Once you make a jukebox for tv you might not go back to tv veristy. they offer ipad/android apps for controlling the unit and 3d support other then that not much has changed since the 200 series.
post #557 of 561 Old 07-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Hi everyone,

Done a few searches on this with conflicting results..

Can any one tell me how to format a 3TB or 4tb hard disk so it can be read by my PCH C-200 , as a INTERNAL drive ie just pop into the front slot..

Some people say GPT the whole drive , some say MBR Format the whole drive.

Does anyone actually have a Large format 3 or 4 TB drive in their PCH?

Thanks in advance..

MG-35 & MG-45 Yahoo
Support Group:

post #558 of 561 Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi

Has one tried playing a Blu Ray audio ISO rip on C200?

I can;t get it working.

Thx
post #559 of 561 Old 07-06-2014, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexS View Post
Hi

Has one tried playing a Blu Ray audio ISO rip on C200?

I can;t get it working.

Thx
How are you connecting to your amp. I dont know much about Bluray Audio discs except the PCM specs are very high.
post #560 of 561 Old 07-07-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 715
I think I tried one once a few years ago and it didn't work. It was the Rush: Moving Pictures Blu-ray Audio Disc. I can't remember what happened if I ever got it to work or if I had issues with it. I don't remember it working though. But it's been a long time. I'm not even sure what server I have it on.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #561 of 561 Old 07-07-2014, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
How are you connecting to your amp. I dont know much about Bluray Audio discs except the PCM specs are very high.
Using HDMI out.

Thx
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour C 200 Networked Media Tank Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page