*Official* Popcorn Hour PCH-C200 Owners Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #571 of 582 Old 02-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
Make sure you do the second part of #3 and power off and UNPLUG all NMT units you do not want to synch

1. Attach the provided antenna to the RF antenna port at the rear panel of your NMT.
2. Remove the batteries from the RF remote control.
3. Power ON your NMT and wait for it to complete its loading process.
(Power OFF and unplug the power cord of all other NMTs that you do not intend to
synchronize in this synchronization exercise.)
4. Re-insert the batteries into the RF remote control. By inserting the batteries, the RF
remote control will now synchronize with any RF-compatible NMT that is active.
5. The RF remote control and NMT is now synchronized and will function properly.
Thanks very much for the info - worked a treat - very grateful..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 582 Old 02-15-2015, 05:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Doesn't Cloud Media still sell the Power Supplies for the C200? I had a spare one sitting around for many years, but I never needed it until last year when my C200 was almost five years old.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #573 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post
Simple - Resale value , does not look to good with a mod.

Putting it back "stock" will be much better..

Also I hate to just throw stuff away for the sake of a few $ repair.
wrong on every level.
post #574 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Simple - Resale value , does not look to good with a mod.

Putting it back "stock" will be much better..

Also I hate to just throw stuff away for the sake of a few $ repair.
Anyone who does a modicum of research before buying a c200 would be THRILLED to that you replaced the power supply as it is not an "if" it will fail, but a "when".
And I feel that shipping and time involved to repair the old pos psu is quite a bit more than a "few $ repair".
post #575 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for your help guys..

Hopefully someone will come along with a suggestion as to a repair source ,rather than arguing the pros and cons.

Seemed to have turned into a ethics question..

My fault for asking such a stupid and silly request... Clearly I have no idea what I am doing here.. Gone are the days at forums where peioople were friendly , and did not just try to shoot everyone down.. I will retire to my own silly world..

post #576 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Doesn't Cloud Media still sell the Power Supplies for the C200? I had a spare one sitting around for many years, but I never needed it until last year when my C200 was almost five years old.
Debateable to be honest , been out of stock for over a month.. Since Cloudmedia took over Stbas , things have been very hit and miss , as to any type of support.

post #577 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your help guys..

Hopefully someone will come along with a suggestion as to a repair source ,rather than arguing the pros and cons.

Seemed to have turned into a ethics question..

My fault for asking such a stupid and silly request... Clearly I have no idea what I am doing here.. Gone are the days at forums where peioople were friendly , and did not just try to shoot everyone down.. I will retire to my own silly world..
Sure, take the blown power supply to any reputable electronics repair shop. They will happily do a diagnostic on it to find out what is wrong. I had two quotes from reputable places in my area. The cost would have been diagnostic time of about $50 plus the actual time worked on the repair plus the cost of the parts needed. Both places said it would be about $100 give or take.
The power supplies are not overly complicated devices and nearly any reputable electrician should be able to diagnose and repair them.

Hope that is helpful enough for you...
post #578 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
it would be about $100 give or take.
Pocket change when you have an emotional attachment to your PS.
post #579 of 582 Old 02-16-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary j View Post
pocket change when you have an emotional attachment to your ps.
lol!
post #580 of 582 Old 02-18-2015, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
C200 Power Supply Repair is not difficult - You can do it yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
Sure, take the blown power supply to any reputable electronics repair shop. They will happily do a diagnostic on it to find out what is wrong. I had two quotes from reputable places in my area. The cost would have been diagnostic time of about $50 plus the actual time worked on the repair plus the cost of the parts needed. Both places said it would be about $100 give or take.
The power supplies are not overly complicated devices and nearly any reputable electrician should be able to diagnose and repair them.

Hope that is helpful enough for you...
I have 2 C200 players. The power supply failed on one of them. I repaired the failed supply for under $2.00 in parts cost. In my case, 3 capacitors had failed. This is a very common failure. To identify failed capacitors, remove the power supply from the C200 and take off the cover. Then look for domed or leaking capacitors. They are cheap and available from Digikey. You'll need soldering skills and appropriate tools to do this yourself, but it's not difficult job. It helps if you have an understanding and familiarity with electronic circuits (or a friend with these skills).

For additional help, do a Google search for "popcornhour C200 power supply repair" There are videos and photos available. Some places are even selling repair parts kits
post #581 of 582 Old 04-26-2015, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power supply issue?

I have a C-200 that won't boot up.

Starting with a power light with a red ring, if I hit the power button, I see a brief change that might be orange then the light goes back to red.

The PSU was replaced a few years ago. I cracked open the case and the PSU. The PSU has one bulging capacitor without obvious leakage.

Anybody see this before? I see lots of descriptions of blinking white rings but not the pattern I'm getting.

This C-200 does have a BD-ROM drive and a HD installed.

East Lansing (Lansing, MI DMA) A/V enthusiast getting content from xfinity, Netflix, OTA and off the shelf-o'-discs. A 4228 in the attic is almost good enough.
post #582 of 582 Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 77
anytime you get blinking its almost always the PSU on the 200 series. If you are not sure the power supply is a standard ATX so if you have a space PC PSU laying around you can test before buying a nw one. If you have a little bit of soldering skills you can fix it yourself for under 5$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour C 200 Networked Media Tank Black