post #1591 of 2247 Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubut View Post

Oh dear, WD are having some problems http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10...ooded_factory/

Eeek!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 2247 Old 10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Oh dear, WD are having some problems http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10...ooded_factory/

Your link is not working for me
post #1593 of 2247 Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I am having some issues playing some BD ISO files I created using DVDFab. I bought and ripped XMEN First Class, the new version, and when played on Hub the movie starts 20 minutes in. I also get a message sometimes on BD ISO files that says format is not supported.

I have ripped several movies to ISO, just the main movie, not the complete disk. Does the hub have problems playing this format sometimes?

For the record, all these ISO files play fine from PCH and computer.
post #1594 of 2247 Old 10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

I used dvdfab but use mkv files with no issues. Why use iso they are huge files.

Ray
post #1595 of 2247 Old 10-31-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid1 View Post

Your link is not working for me

No need to be insulting, it worked when I posted the link (obviously)
post #1596 of 2247 Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Easy there, pardner... I'm not party to that conversation, and even I can tell that was not insulting...
post #1597 of 2247 Old 10-31-2011, 02:31 PM

I have a hub with my videos music and pictures stored on it and now have a the LIVE TV connected to my network but I'm unable to see my media that is stored on my hub . Should I be able to use these files on my LIVE TV ?
post #1598 of 2247 Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

post #1599 of 2247 Old 11-01-2011, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid1 View Post

I used dvdfab but use mkv files with no issues. Why use iso they are huge files.

Ray

Mainly for embedded subtitles. They are not that much larger than mkv.. Maybe 10-15%...which to me is worth it.

Not to sound rude but no one has answered my original question about issues with hub playing back bd iso files.
post #1600 of 2247 Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

stepmback:

If you're ripping an "unmodified" BD to ISO, the WD's can have problems playing them depending on how the movie is authored. If the author placed the movie in a sinlge stream file, or at least a consecutive set of stream files, the WD's can usually play them.

If the author uses non-consecutive stream files, or for any other reason has a reliance on the PLAYLIST functionality of BD's (which is becoming increasingly common) the WDs will not play them correctly.

The WD's do NOT examine the Playlist for the ordering of the m2ts files within a stream.

In these cases, I just use the freeware TSMuxerGui and pull out the "Main Feature" and simultaneously re-mux it into its own m2ts file. No further compression, I also strip out foreign language audio tracks and maybe some subtitles... but otherwise, that m2ts file will play without a hitch 100% of the time (for me, at least... Wired Ethernet and Hi-capacity NAS, btw...)

You can use the shareware program "BDInfo" to see whether or not Playlists are being used to piece together non-consecutive M2TS files...
post #1601 of 2247 Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post

stepmback:

If you're ripping an "unmodified" BD to ISO, the WD's can have problems playing them depending on how the movie is authored. If the author placed the movie in a sinlge stream file, or at least a consecutive set of stream files, the WD's can usually play them.

If the author uses non-consecutive stream files, or for any other reason has a reliance on the PLAYLIST functionality of BD's (which is becoming increasingly common) the WDs will not play them correctly.

The WD's do NOT examine the Playlist for the ordering of the m2ts files within a stream.

In these cases, I just use the freeware TSMuxerGui and pull out the "Main Feature" and simultaneously re-mux it into its own m2ts file. No further compression, I also strip out foreign language audio tracks and maybe some subtitles... but otherwise, that m2ts file will play without a hitch 100% of the time (for me, at least... Wired Ethernet and Hi-capacity NAS, btw...)

You can use the shareware program "BDInfo" to see whether or not Playlists are being used to piece together non-consecutive M2TS files...

Any idea if this is something WD will change? Seems strange to take this approach.
post #1602 of 2247 Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post

Easy there, pardner... I'm not party to that conversation, and even I can tell that was not insulting...

Well rolling your eyes at people is generally considered to be insulting.
post #1603 of 2247 Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback View Post

Any idea if this is something WD will change? Seems strange to take this approach.

Dunno, but I doubt it... It's not a strange approach, really.. That's typical behavior for any box that doesn't understand BD Playlists. And that's the vast majority of them...
post #1604 of 2247 Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 AM

Recently purchased the 550 and I've been impressed, when it works, especially with its performance on Blu-Ray iso rips.

I have one major problem though. I can't seem to get it to work with my rather extensive collection of hi def wtv files even if I convert them to dvr-ms using the windows 7 conversion tool.

The 550 plays the converted file perfectly for about 2-4 seconds then the picture freezes although the timer continues to move. The files themselves continue to play without incident on the computer which originally created them.

The machine has no problem playing standard def dvr-ms files that were created on a windows XP media center 2005 pc.

Any help, advice or questions are welcomed.

My specs: 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1, i7 CPU X-980, 12 Gb RAM, NeoTv 550 3.2.16
post #1605 of 2247 Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM

Location: Toronto Ontario Canada/ Port Charlotte Florida Port Charlotte Florida
Liked: 19
HollyMartins

I am not certain that I understand you problem correctly. I had to research your product it is a WD drive and you want to play it on your computer?

If this is the case I would suggest that you check out this site and downoad the VLC player.

It plays almost all formats when you go to the link you will see the different formats.

http://www.downloadster.org/vlc.php?...AAbPdCAABx7Q-A
post #1606 of 2247 Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMartins View Post

Recently purchased the 550 and I've been impressed, when it works, especially with its performance on Blu-Ray iso rips.

I have one major problem though. I can't seem to get it to work with my rather extensive collection of hi def wtv files even if I convert them to dvr-ms using the windows 7 conversion tool.

The 550? You mean the NeoTV 550? If so, you're in the wrong place. This is the Western Digital TV Live Hub thread.
post #1607 of 2247 Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Does anyone know when the new WD TV live will be available in the UK?
post #1608 of 2247 Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Hi Guys,

I am just getting into this streaming player thing and have some questions.......

I am considering the Live Hub as my media streamer, in addition to accessing my VUDU purchased films and to download them to the internal drive of the Hub.....There are not many devices that can download VUDU movies......for my puposes, a set-top box is a must....

I cannot for the life of me confirm if VUDU is accessible on the Hub.....I spoke to a tier 3 tech at VUDU and he said it should be available, and the device is certified......If someone here can confirm this, it would be appreciated.....

My intention is this, I will buy the Hub, a NAS, and will need software to rip my many HD-DVD's to it, I have Blu-rays also, but not many.....Some of the HD disks are starting to degrade......I will store the VUDU HDX movies to the internal drive of the Hub, and use the NAS to stream my ripped movies...

I know, HD-DVD? SHEESH!!!!! Like I said, I'm late to the party, LOL.....

I was looking at Synology and Drobo NAS enclosures, particularly the USB/Firewire version of the Drobo, or the FS or the Synology Slim(I forget what the model # is).........

If I was to hook up a Drobo USB enclosure to the Hub with my ripped films, would it work?

The USB version is somewhat cheaper than the FS.......

My main PC is a linux box, I already have a native version of MakeMKV on it, is there anything else I need to rip the main movie only, with HD audio and subtitles?

I can buy and install Windows if I have to in a dual-boot config(not that I REALLY want to give my money to Bill) if I need to.....If there are linux-centric solutions to ripping Hi-Def disks I'm all ears.......

I bought and installed an LG Blu-ray/HD-DVD drive for my PC to do the ripping......

I'm really anxious about getting the project started, but having VUDU on the Hub is paramount, even though I could set up the NAS and ripping my discs anyway.......

I read dbone's posts about Clown_BD, looks awesome, but it only runs in WINE, there is no native linux version of it.......In WINE it doesn't see the optical disk drive.......

If anyone needs more info, please ask......Thanks for the help.......
post #1609 of 2247 Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:

I am having some issues playing some BD ISO files I created using DVDFab. I bought and ripped XMEN First Class, the new version, and when played on Hub the movie starts 20 minutes in. I also get a message sometimes on BD ISO files that says format is not supported.

I have ripped several movies to ISO, just the main movie, not the complete disk. Does the hub have problems playing this format sometimes?

For the record, all these ISO files play fine from PCH and computer.

I dont know why you are doing ISO's.....here is my method - I will do a tutorial if needed....but everything is pretty self explanatory.

1) Use AnyDvdHD to rip to PC
2) Use BDInfo to find movie 'playlist'
3) Use tsMuxer to rip out m2ts file (I just grab the best video and audio streams)
4) Use tsMuxer to rip the english pgs'
5) Look at pgs's with BDSup2SUB (if there are any forced subtitles, then I use the program to convert to usable format)
6) Transfer m2ts file to either WD Hub or external HDD. If subtitles are needed then put them and m2ts into a folder named according to movie.

I have had ZERO problems with this (ripped 150+ BD's already)....and its all freeware except for AnyDVD

My only problem is this....I filled my WD TV Hub already....along with one 3TB MY Book Essential....I bought another 3TB My Book Essential....only problem is...the Hub does not recognize both Ext HDD connected via USB hub. I do not want to connect the Ext HDD to my PC.

Thoughts on how this can be done without using PC?
post #1610 of 2247 Old 11-11-2011, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkyass View Post

I dont know why you are doing ISO's.....here is my method - I will do a tutorial if needed....but everything is pretty self explanatory.

1) Use AnyDvdHD to rip to PC
2) Use BDInfo to find movie 'playlist'
3) Use tsMuxer to rip out m2ts file (I just grab the best video and audio streams)
4) Use tsMuxer to rip the english pgs'
5) Look at pgs's with BDSup2SUB (if there are any forced subtitles, then I use the program to convert to usable format)
6) Transfer m2ts file to either WD Hub or external HDD. If subtitles are needed then put them and m2ts into a folder named according to movie.

I have had ZERO problems with this (ripped 150+ BD's already)....and its all freeware except for AnyDVD

Or use makemkv and in one step you have, with whatever audio and subtitles you want, in one mkv file. Its it free to use while they are in beta, which has been quite some time. Or you do like I did and support them by paying the $50 lifetime fee. Which I might add is cheaper they anydvd.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Four TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #1611 of 2247 Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpcgeek View Post

Or use makemkv and in one step you have, with whatever audio and subtitles you want, in one mkv file. Its it free to use while they are in beta, which has been quite some time. Or you do like I did and support them by paying the $50 lifetime fee. Which I might add is cheaper they anydvd.

MakeMKV does not work with movies such as "Kill Bill" and its subtitles....been there, done that.
post #1612 of 2247 Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:

My only problem is this....I filled my WD TV Hub already....along with one 3TB MY Book Essential....I bought another 3TB My Book Essential....only problem is...the Hub does not recognize both Ext HDD connected via USB hub. I do not want to connect the Ext HDD to my PC.

Thoughts on how this can be done without using PC?

I have been reading and the only way (so far) is to go with a Cirago Network USB Storage Link...the only problem is that it doesnt recognize drives bigger than 2TB (I have 2 3TB).

So, I will have to connect my 3TB MY Books to my PC (ugh)....and then flip back and forth between network storage and local storage (PITA!!!!!)

Any suggestions? I was going to use B-Rads stuff...but he does not recommend using it on the WD TV Live Hub as it will completely wipe out the premium services without the ability to get them back even if you flahs it back to factory.
post #1613 of 2247 Old 11-12-2011, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpcgeek View Post

Makemkv has issues sometimes. Especially with subtitles. ISO is the ideal format for me. I don't care about the space increase. I want something reliable that will require very little time by me.
post #1614 of 2247 Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Plug the 3tb into a pogoplug. My hub works well with 3tb wd drive.

"Oh Lord, grant me the serenity to understand the things I cannot change ... and enough ammunition for the things that I can."
wayneniamat.com
post #1615 of 2247 Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:

Makemkv has issues sometimes. Especially with subtitles. ISO is the ideal format for me. I don't care about the space increase. I want something reliable that will require very little time by me.

Why would you want to do ISO in BD? Again, they way I do things I can get 6 BD's done very quickly. The longest for me is ripping the BD to my computer so I can do the rest. I have 165 BD's over 1 WD TV Live hub & 2 3tb My Book Essentials
post #1616 of 2247 Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why would you want to do ISO in BD? Again, they way I do things I can get 6 BD's done very quickly. The longest for me is ripping the BD to my computer so I can do the rest. I have 165 BD's over 1 WD TV Live hub & 2 3tb My Book Essentials

For me, I want a solution you setup and press rip. I dont want a "process"... where I rip, then reprocess, then do something else... all in a effort to save 10% on space. Just not worth the effort for cost savings.
post #1617 of 2247 Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM

Does anyone know if its possible to stream media (mainly AVI and VOB) from a WD TV Live Hub to Google TV? I have the Sony Blu Ray player with 2.0.

Currently when I go to access network content the GTV sees the WD TV Live Hub but says there is no playable content. Any ideas? Do I need to do something with Twonky on the Hub to get it to stream?

Thanks.
post #1618 of 2247 Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedout View Post

Does anyone know if its possible to stream media (mainly AVI and VOB) from a WD TV Live Hub to Google TV? I have the Sony Blu Ray player with 2.0.

Currently when I go to access network content the GTV sees the WD TV Live Hub but says there is no playable content. Any ideas? Do I need to do something with Twonky on the Hub to get it to stream?

Thanks.

Figured it out. Twonky wasn't set to share. Just had to log in and tell Twonky what folder to share and poof...all set!
post #1619 of 2247 Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:

For me, I want a solution you setup and press rip. I dont want a "process"... where I rip, then reprocess, then do something else... all in a effort to save 10% on space. Just not worth the effort for cost savings.

Well, the problem is movies like I mentioned....Kill Bill, District 9, Avatar, etc. I just did two movies tonight in about 2 hrs. Took 30 min/movie with AnyDVD. 15 mins each for tsMuxer, then 15 mins to transfer to the WD My Book Essential. I dont do it to save space, but rather to remove stuff I dont need (language subtitles, directors commentary, etc).

So simple....like I said....160+ movies.....I would have that many if it was a pain in the ass.
post #1620 of 2247 Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Firmware version 3.00.28 is now online...

Code:
• Supports Vimeo. 
• AccuWeather supports video news and multi-city favorites.     
• Supports PlayJam. 
• Supports media library function for network share folders; SMB/CIFS. 
• Supports RSS feeds. 
• Supports Meta-Source Manager. 
• Supports Auto Get Content Info. 
• Supports parental control hide option. 
• Supports screen capture feature.  
• Supports video information in preview mode. 
• Supports powered USB hubs. For list of tested USB hubs, please refer to our WD Knowledge Base at 
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5688/ (Article 5688). 
• Resolved Picasa unable to download photos to NAS device. 
• Resolved issue music stops playing when user moves or deletes a file. 
• Resolved 10 minute skip feature not working. 
• Resolved several general user interface alignment and functional issues. 
• Resolved issue get content info with Dutch language causes reboot. 
• Resolved photo slideshow screen saver stops music playback in Pandora. 
• Resolved issue playing photo slideshow from USB drive when media library is turned off. 
• Resolved Spotify song skipped to song track when attempting to play current song. 
• Resolved Spotify issue playlist not playing continuously. 
• Resolved several Spotify user interface issues.  
• Resolved favorite folder via network share under dashboard doesn’t work. 
• Resolved several user interface and functional issues with Hulu Plus. 
• Resolved Facebook issue displaying high-resolution photos. 
• Resolved several Facebook user interface and functional issues. 
• Resolved several Daily Motion user interface and functional issues. 
• Resolved issue multichannel PCM is outputted as stereo PCM. 
• Resolved issue cannot play back video playlist.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page