post #2221 of 2247 Old 12-30-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTMD View Post

cool, as for 3d - my tv can do that right?

or does the 3d need to be outputed from the player, or is outputing SBS enough.
I output SBS and OU from the WDTV and then switch my projector into 3D mode.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2247 Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Uhm, amazon has a pretty detailed description of what it is...
post #2223 of 2247 Old 01-09-2014, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know if the last firmware update that was applied to the Live will be applied to the Live Hub? Apologies if this was already brought up. Thanks.

JJ

JJ
post #2224 of 2247 Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 PM

I have a problem and wanted to see if anyone had a solution. When on the screen where it shows the art and a synopses of the movie the synopses flies repeatedly and you can't read it. It does this on everything. The data is coming from where ever the box gets it from. Thoughts?
post #2225 of 2247 Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhower View Post

I have a problem and wanted to see if anyone had a solution. When on the screen where it shows the art and a synopses of the movie the synopses flies repeatedly and you can't read it. It does this on everything. The data is coming from where ever the box gets it from. Thoughts?
My guess is you're using an invalid theme. In the stock theme, the synopsis doesn't move at all.
post #2226 of 2247 Old 01-13-2014, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Has anyone experienced the following behavior;

When watching a movie from an external 3TB attached (WD HDD) it will occasionally (maybe 3 or 4 times so far) get about 80% thru a movie and then stop/quit back to the description screen (as if I hit the BACK button). From there if I try to relaunch the movie I either get the orange spinning arrow for quite a while, or the RESUME/RESTART choices. Regardless of choice made, the video starts over. Upon trying to FF or jump to a time, I am show the message "This video does not support trick mode"

And I can either try and watch again, or simply give up. I have tried deleting the associated XML files to no effect. If I am recalling correctly this happens with MKV files mostly, though I'm not 100% sure of that fact.

If you've seen and solved this issue, please let me know.

I also have seen messages lately stating "WD cannot write to this drive" - And I wonder if the issue isn't a permissions thing and that the movie is trying to update the "last position" data in the xml, can't do so, and crashes...??
post #2227 of 2247 Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

bigbrain: That's a pretty good indication of a corrupt video stream. The video renderer crashes out (and can't even update the resume point)
If the message "doesn't support trick mode" is displayed, the WD thinks the CUEs in the video are invalid or incorrect.

Position info isn't stored in any XML file.

If you're using Media Library, the position info is stored in the SQLITE database contained in the hidden .wd_tv folder of whatever device or share is hosting the media.
For DVDs (in nav mode), a separate .bmk file is also written to the share.
Lastly, the position info for some indeterminate number of videos is also stored in RAM whether you're using media library or not.
post #2228 of 2247 Old 01-13-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post

Quote:

My guess is you're using an invalid theme. In the stock theme, the synopsis doesn't move at all.

Switching back to the stock theme fixed it. Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
post #2229 of 2247 Old 01-14-2014, 11:01 AM

Hello,

I am looking to get this Logitech Universal Remote: http://amzn.com/B00BQ5RYI4 . I want to make sure that it can full work with the WD TV Live Hub (Turn it on and then navigate the menus)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks very much.
post #2230 of 2247 Old 01-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKinslow View Post

Hello,

I am looking to get this Logitech Universal Remote: http://amzn.com/B00BQ5RYI4 . I want to make sure that it can full work with the WD TV Live Hub (Turn it on and then navigate the menus)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks very much.

It works great, it's what I'm using.

JeffKinslow likes this.
post #2231 of 2247 Old 01-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:

It works great, it's what I'm using.

Thank you very much for the response!
post #2232 of 2247 Old 01-21-2014, 12:09 PM

It's been a while since I bought WDTV Live Hub from the blue-shirts before the official release date, I thought I'd post an update.

My original box is working excellent. It currently has a 2tb WD portable drive plugged into it for added capacity. It's been flawless with no issues.
If I ever run into a file it won't play, often a hard reboot (unplug power and plug back in) fixes the issue.

I've become a huge advertiser for these Hubs, and my proselytizing has lead to at least 20 more units being bought by family and friends.

I bought a second Hub for use at the other end of the house, and to this one I plugged in the haupauge USB TV tuner and have been playing with the WDTV Live Hub as a central entertainment device. I had to add the "live TV" tab to the theme that I'm running, but otherwise no issues with the tuner. Haven't tried recording yet. My internet is too poor to comment on the online features.

As the design for these devices is now almost 4 years old, it's probably time for WD to update the design.
I'd love to see a full speed gigabit ethernet, a larger internal HDD, wifi, and more USB ports. USB3 anyone?
Maybe they could also make the remote more of a "universal" remote, with the ability to control the TV too.

-Dave
post #2233 of 2247 Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 PM
cmf

Agreed. Our 2 units are both about 4 years old and are generally flawless. I'd really like to know that I could buy some 2TB units to replace these when they die. I'd do so in an instant.

EDIT: Instant karma strikes again. Our basement unit's HDD has apparently died or is corrupted...I can get to the firmware menu via the web interface, but the HDD contents are completely inaccessible. :-[
post #2234 of 2247 Old 01-21-2014, 03:37 PM

I bought mine when they were first released.

It works fine in terms of playing most movies, but the media content thing hasn't been right for years. My media is folder rips, and it seems they want single file now.

It seems they are selling for over $100 on eBay, so I am selling it, and looking for a new player.

My home theater, 16 years and growing in the making (bought the main 5.5's new in 1995)
post #2235 of 2247 Old 02-01-2014, 03:47 PM
DTS

I posted this in the Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread as I have the UN55F6300

I hooked up my WDTV Live Hub and every movie I played had sync issues. These are files I played before with same settings, on a WD60C9 display with HDMI (video/TV) and Optical (audio/Receiver)
It seems they are all about -200ms off. As said, I never had this sync issue until I hooked up the player to my new Samsung TV.
Player settings again did not change. No need as far as I know since both displays are 1080p/60 capable and that is what the player is set to.
I set video settings to auto just to see if anything changed and it did not so I put back to my settings I had.

It's really strange that hooking this up to a new TV would do this.

post #2236 of 2247 Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM

My TV reports that all content on my hub (including Netflix) is being received at the TV as 1080p. I would prefer to have the hub send the content to the TV unaltered and have the TV do the upconversion. I suspect my TV (Pioneer Kuro) likely has a better quality scaler than the Hub. In the Hub's menu, I only see choices to send out specific resolutions or "auto." Mine's set to auto, so I'm guessing the Hub upscales everything to the TV's resolution. Is there some way to set the Hub to a true "passthrough" for video like there is for audio?
post #2237 of 2247 Old 02-22-2014, 03:04 PM

This is just beyond frustrating so im turning here for help. I bought a WDTVLive yesterday based on seeing how my friends WDTVLIVEPLUS worked. Could not get the network share function to work at all so I called the support number and after ensuring twice that I had set everything on my computers end correctly was advised to return the unit to best buy as it was probably faultyand it would take 15 days to get a new one set from WD. Go to best buy.....no more units on hand. So I figure ok I'll get my buddies box and try to trouble shoot some more and see if the box is faulty or my customer support is faulty. Wouldnt you know it the customer support was in fact in correct and heres why:

Currently I can access network shares through my friends WDTVLIVEPLUS = my computer is set up right

On my computer I can see both the WDTVLIVEPLUS and WDTVLIVE = my computer is set up right

WDTVLIVEPLUS can see and acces local storage on WDTVLIVE= New box not faulty

WDTVLIVE can see and access storage on WDTVLIVEPLUS= New Box not faulty

Call back and citing an obvious software issue not hardware issue I was advised to rollback the firmware. So now instead of running 2.01.86 I am running 1.16.13 and guess what..........the brand new day old box running on god only knows how old firmware will still not see my **bleep** computer, yet the 6/7 year old box does fine. I have tryed with everything on a wired connection which required getting ahold of a 75 cat cable and I have tryed with it set on wireless.

Can some one tell me what I am missing or any additional steps to try and trouble shoot this so I dont have to call what is obviously a completley inept customer service line since I figured most of this out on my own already Im just at my wits end. Here are my computers specs: Win7 Home Premium SP1 and Netgear WNDR3400 router.

Help me internet your my only hope.

post #2238 of 2247 Old 02-23-2014, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmangorilla View Post

Can some one tell me what I am missing or any additional steps to try and trouble shoot this so I dont have to call what is obviously a completley inept customer service line since I figured most of this out on my own already Im just at my wits end. Here are my computers specs: Win7 Home Premium SP1 and Netgear WNDR3400 router.

Help me internet your my only hope.

Do the workgroup names on your WDTV and Server match?
post #2239 of 2247 Old 02-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Just noticed something else. Those firmwares aren't for the Live Hub, they're for the Live Streaming Media Player, in which case you're in the wrong forum.
post #2240 of 2247 Old 02-23-2014, 06:22 PM

The work group name did match across devices ultimately the problem ended up being that the auto network setup was grabbing a different sub net mask than the actual sub net mask once corrected all worked as intended. Thanks for the help though. Im sorry I just realized, reading your replies, that yes I did post this in the wrong thread. I was in blind rage mode and just posting anywhere I thought I could get some assistance. 

post #2241 of 2247 Old 04-09-2014, 02:08 PM

Liked: 22

I use my WDTV live to watch redbull.tv live (UCI mtb downhill world cup). I noticed the live option isn't there anymore? Is this because there is not a live show playing or did they remove the live portion all together? I still see home and shows buttons up top. 

Klipsch RF-82II

Denon 2113ci

post #2242 of 2247 Old 05-04-2014, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I see people on the "Regular" WDTV player thread saying that they have DTS-HD MA passthrough working. Did WD not provide the same for the Hub? I just ripped Gravity and specifically only selected the DTS-HD MA track, and I am not getting MA passing to my receiver, just core DTS. I got the latest firmware just to try this out.
post #2243 of 2247 Old 05-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennem View Post

So I see people on the "Regular" WDTV player thread saying that they have DTS-HD MA passthrough working. Did WD not provide the same for the Hub? I just ripped Gravity and specifically only selected the DTS-HD MA track, and I am not getting MA passing to my receiver, just core DTS. I got the latest firmware just to try this out.

No the Hub is no longer supported. DTS-HD was just for the SMP.
post #2244 of 2247 Old 05-28-2014, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

WD announced yesterday the latest WD Media Player: WD TV Personal Edition

I've started a new thread for discussion:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1533544/official-wd-tv-personal-edition-a-k-a-gen-4-media-player
post #2245 of 2247 Old 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For anyone still interested, I am amazed at how useful this device is, not just for viewing videos, but I also use it as an NAS.

I've managed to connect 3 additional (self-powered) USB drives (2TB, 2TB, 500GB) to this "hub" using a generic 4-port USB connector, and all of them can be seen and used via my home network! I'm sure I can add an additional drive if I wanted to. I have not tested what limit(s) this method may have. Works great as a shared drive and doesn't use anywhere near the power that a dedicated server would use!
post #2246 of 2247 Old 06-09-2014, 09:28 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by satviewer2000 View Post

For anyone still interested, I am amazed at how useful this device is, not just for viewing videos, but I also use it as an NAS.

I feel the same way! I just wish WD would release a newer edition that had more horsepower.

Klipsch RF-82II

Denon 2113ci

post #2247 of 2247 Old 06-12-2014, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by satviewer2000 View Post

I've managed to connect 3 additional (self-powered) USB drives (2TB, 2TB, 500GB) to this "hub" using a generic 4-port USB connector, and all of them can be seen and used via my home network! I'm sure I can add an additional drive if I wanted to. I have not tested what limit(s) this method may have. Works great as a shared drive and doesn't use anywhere near the power that a dedicated server would use!
True but it's VERRRRRRRY slow compared to a server.

Dyslexics are teople poo.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page