*Official* WD TV Live Hub Thread - Page 76 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2251 of 2259 Old 08-27-2014, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I still use the Hub a lot, the streaming apps are not a big deal as WatchESPN is the main one I use. I have a NAS and several of the WDTV Live SMP's around the house for streaming local content I've ripped from dvd/bluray. I have a Roku and Chromecast for WatchESPN mainly. I have 2 Hubs and both of them are mainly used for traveling purposes. I have one at my lake house along with the Roku for WatchESPN, and have another that goes with myself or my dad to our Condo in Las Vegas we share. He spends several months at a time out there since retiring and I have to go out every other month for work, so it works well. I have a 1TB portable usb drive I can plug into the hub to watch stuff that may not be on the internal drive or to transfer to the internal drive if I don't want to mess with computer and using network. The portable drives work well with Live SMP's also and if the internal drive goes on the Hubs, I'll just plug a usb external into them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2259 Old 08-27-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stevens View Post
So here we are...almost four years since the launch of the Live Hub. I've had mine since July of 2011 and love it but I'm realizing that there will come a time when I need to move on to something new.
My Live Hub has been in the closest for years. Between my TiVos, almost every cable channel available, and a Roku 3 I have plenty of viewing options.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, 8 TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Two Amazon Fire Sticks, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #2253 of 2259 Old 01-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 220
All personal sales go in the classifieds.

Thanks.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #2254 of 2259 Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My unit is getting old. I want to buy a replacement that will play video, music, and create slide shows from photos stored on the internal hard drive.
I don´t think WD makes this model anymore, even though it is almost perfect for what I want.

What kind of machines can substitute for this one? I can´t find any similar ones?
post #2255 of 2259 Old 02-11-2015, 08:19 PM

Just get a WDTV Live, basically the HUB without an internal drive, it will see and play from the HUBs internal drive over your network. I have 1 Live HUB and 2 Live SMP's networked throughout my house. I have a Hub and Live setup at our vacation house for the same setup.

New version of the Live
*Official* WD TV "Personal Edition" (A/K/A Gen 4) Media Player

Old version of the Live
*Official* WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Thread
post #2256 of 2259 Old 02-11-2015, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've got a Live HUB connected to a Pioneer sc-27 and KRP-600M. The receiver and monitor are not 3D capable and recently bought a projector with 3D capabilities. I think that the Live HUB has a HDMI 1.4 port and a toslink port. Can I hook up the HUB via HDMI to the projector and to the receiver via toslink to get 3D content working? Thanks.
post #2257 of 2259 Old 02-12-2015, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love my aging WD hub. I want to buy a new one or a substitute that has a slideshow screen saver, plays music and plays video from portable hard drives. Does anyone know of another similar machine? WD has apparently discontinued the Hub.
post #2258 of 2259 Old 02-12-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willward View Post
I love my aging WD hub. I want to buy a new one or a substitute that has a slideshow screen saver, plays music and plays video from portable hard drives. Does anyone know of another similar machine? WD has apparently discontinued the Hub.

I answered you in your first post above.

WD makes the WDTV Live Personal Edition. Works just like the HUB without internal harddrive. Add your own portable drive and you are good.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1270

AVS Thread on it.
*Official* WD TV "Personal Edition" (A/K/A Gen 4) Media Player
post #2259 of 2259 Old 02-12-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by momswgn View Post
I've got a Live HUB connected to a Pioneer sc-27 and KRP-600M. The receiver and monitor are not 3D capable and recently bought a projector with 3D capabilities. I think that the Live HUB has a HDMI 1.4 port and a toslink port. Can I hook up the HUB via HDMI to the projector and to the receiver via toslink to get 3D content working? Thanks.

I've never gotten automatic 3D switching to occur with my WDTV but I can definitely pass OU or SBS feeds to my PJ and manually enable 3D mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming