*Official* WD TV Live Hub Thread - Page 76 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I still use the Hub a lot, the streaming apps are not a big deal as WatchESPN is the main one I use. I have a NAS and several of the WDTV Live SMP's around the house for streaming local content I've ripped from dvd/bluray. I have a Roku and Chromecast for WatchESPN mainly. I have 2 Hubs and both of them are mainly used for traveling purposes. I have one at my lake house along with the Roku for WatchESPN, and have another that goes with myself or my dad to our Condo in Las Vegas we share. He spends several months at a time out there since retiring and I have to go out every other month for work, so it works well. I have a 1TB portable usb drive I can plug into the hub to watch stuff that may not be on the internal drive or to transfer to the internal drive if I don't want to mess with computer and using network. The portable drives work well with Live SMP's also and if the internal drive goes on the Hubs, I'll just plug a usb external into them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stevens View Post
So here we are...almost four years since the launch of the Live Hub. I've had mine since July of 2011 and love it but I'm realizing that there will come a time when I need to move on to something new.
My Live Hub has been in the closest for years. Between my TiVos, almost every cable channel available, and a Roku 3 I have plenty of viewing options.

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Seven TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Two Amazon Fire Sticks, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos