post #271 of 953 Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

No problems so far with the app or the playback feature. I do have a very very small problem with the MyMovies CM and how it integrates with the app.

I have some custom titles (movies) that are not in the MyMovies database so I manually added them using the IMDb feature (they are listed on IMDb) and they show up on the Dune folder export but they do not show up on the iPad app since it is not on the database. Any clues?

Hey, I just noticed this as well. I have a few custom movies that don't get picked up by the iPad either (and CM tells me this as well)

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The iPhone version of the app is now the same as the iPad version and it also controls the Dunes. Very cool!

I added the app to my old iPhone 3G and I forgot how slow that phone was...the initial sync is taking forever.
post #273 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

The iPhone version of the app is now the same as the iPad version and it also controls the Dunes. Very cool!

I added the app to my old iPhone 3G and I forgot how slow that phone was...the initial sync is taking forever.

Started to play with it last night only to realize that MM 3.18 doesn't support mobile sync. To this point I was just waiting for the final MM 4 release to upgrade, but opted to upgrade to 3.20 pre 1 today and now everything is ready to go I hope. Going to test it tonight. I think this is going to be awesome for controlling multiple dunes.
post #274 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis h View Post

Started to play with it last night only to realize that MM 3.18 doesn't support mobile sync. To this point I was just waiting for the final MM 4 release to upgrade, but opted to upgrade to 3.20 pre 1 today and now everything is ready to go I hope. Going to test it tonight. I think this is going to be awesome for controlling multiple dunes.

Yup, you will need at least 3.19. I think 3.20 fixes the ISO path problem.

The app play feature is probably one of my favorite feature of my whole home theater right now. The WAF is through the roof as she has it on her iPad and soon iPhone. I don't think any other media player has a this type of interactivity anywhere close to MyMovies and especially at this price point.
post #275 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Did anyone get the newest iphone my movies update with dune control to work? I tried it last night, but the PLAY button seems to give an error on all my ISOs I tried. It even locked my prime 3.0 and had to power cycle.

Anyone get it working?

Also on the ipad app I can get my BD iso.s to play but my dvd isos give an error. Does anyone have dvd isos working with the app or the iphone app?
I had to update MM to 3.20 to get BD isos to work, but still gives the old error on the screen (and crashes to app) with any DVD isos I try and a few mkvs I tried.

Any ideas? I update the mobile sync with those boxes checked in CM and resynced like 3 times and the iphone and ipad say they are up to date.

Thanks

Just enjoy HD in whatever form you can (Sat, Cable, D-VHS, OTA, HD DVD, or BD).
post #276 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Spackman View Post

Did anyone get the newest iphone my movies update with dune control to work? I tried it last night, but the PLAY button seems to give an error on all my ISOs I tried. It even locked my prime 3.0 and had to power cycle.

Anyone get it working?

Also on the ipad app I can get my BD iso.s to play but my dvd isos give an error. Does anyone have dvd isos working with the app or the iphone app?
I had to update MM to 3.20 to get BD isos to work, but still gives the old error on the screen (and crashes to app) with any DVD isos I try and a few mkvs I tried.

Any ideas? I update the mobile sync with those boxes checked in CM and resynced like 3 times and the iphone and ipad say they are up to date.

Thanks

Worked with MKVs on 3.19 but have no ISOs to try.

After you updated the CM did you re-synch the online collection and then re-synch your apps?
post #277 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Worked with MKVs on 3.19 but have no ISOs to try.

After you updated the CM did you re-synch the online collection and then re-synch your apps?

yes sir, I will try again. but it seems like the app is sending funky paths and the player just says error and crashes the app.

Jon

post #278 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 PM

I have run into an issue with some DVD sets showing up on my Dune D1.

I am using CM 3.19 and My Movies and have 1250 points. I have my MM Index on a USB stick attached the the Dune unit. All my movies show up and play through My Movies on my PC as well as within My Movies for my iPad.
They are just not showing up on my Dune unit.

A few examples are Band of Brothers (6 discs), Looney Tunes (4 discs) and even Titanic (2 discs). I have each disc in there own file folder and then point to the designated folder for each within the movie listin under CM. I can view, launch and play any of these sets on my iPad or MM but they do not show up at all on the Dune. Am I missing something? Should I run the 'Clean' utility under the Meta Data option and then 'Update' again? Not sure if this will help....
Thoughts?
post #279 of 953 Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Spackman

Anyone get it working?
Did a little testing tonight and things seem to be working great. I launched an .mkv, two bluray .isos, and two DVD .isos. All worked perfectly, somewhat to my surprise. I still have over 900 movies that may fail, but I'm off to a good start.

For the record, I'm using a D1 with the latest official firmware, MM 3.20 PR1, and MM pro on a iPhone 3GS.

My only wish is that the MM remote supported gestures like the Dune remote app. Without physical buttons, I find myself having to look down at my phone a lot. Using gestures, this is much less of an issue.
post #280 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Damian,

The release notes for MM 4.0 PR6 & 7 talk about Dune paths. Does that mean that TV shows are included in that or is it just the Movies portion that are creating Dune paths? I thought you were testing the MM4 so I am hoping you are testing Dune features.
post #281 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Damian,

The release notes for MM 4.0 PR6 & 7 talk about Dune paths. Does that mean that TV shows are included in that or is it just the Movies portion that are creating Dune paths? I thought you were testing the MM4 so I am hoping you are testing Dune features.

Up until PR5 there has still been no support for TV shows with the Dune. I am downloading PR7 now so I will look out to see if there is TV Show support for the Dune yet. We need to get TV show support added to the Dune export and then obviously the last step would be integration into the App

Cheers,
Damian

post #282 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for checking for me. I am waiting till MM4 is final before I upgrade since 3.19 is working so well.
post #283 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks for checking for me. I am waiting till MM4 is final before I upgrade since 3.19 is working so well.

Looking at PR7 quickly (just installed) combined with the release notes I don't see any indication that Dune TV Show support has been added yet. I have to delete all my tv shows out of CM and reimport (recommended when updating from one PR to the next), so by the time that happens I probably wont be able to confirm until the morning

Cheers,
Damian

post #284 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
I'm not going to bother asking whether you guys prefer MyMovies or Zapitti but I would be curious in a summary of what you see as the advantages of MyMovies.

I've just started to create a collection under Zapitti and am wondering if I should switch.

Thanks.

My "Old Vic" Theater Build
My 8 year old daughter: "are contractors the people that mess up your house for money?"
post #285 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggie View Post

I'm not going to bother asking whether you guys prefer MyMovies or Zapitti but I would be curious in a summary of what you see as the advantages of MyMovies.

I've just started to create a collection under Zapitti and am wondering if I should switch.

Thanks.

I actually still use Zappiti, main reason being TV Show support which is a must for me. The new IP control features of My Movies are very appealing, but until the newly added tv show supports makes its way to the Dune I can't consider My Movies

Cheers,
Damian

post #286 of 953 Old 04-15-2011, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I am using Zappiti too for TV shows but the minute that MyMovies has TV show support and it includes the iPad/iPhone app I will dump Zappiti like an ugly date.
post #287 of 953 Old 04-16-2011, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

I am using Zappiti too for TV shows but the minute that MyMovies has TV show support and it includes the iPad/iPhone app I will dump Zappiti like an ugly date.

Thanks. I guess I should just try MyMovies to see. Is there an ETA on TV show support for Dune?

Ugly date, hmmmm... I had a blind ugly date once -- smoker with bad teeth. Didn't make it much past hello

My "Old Vic" Theater Build
My 8 year old daughter: "are contractors the people that mess up your house for money?"
post #288 of 953 Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggie View Post

Thanks. I guess I should just try MyMovies to see. Is there an ETA on TV show support for Dune?

Ugly date, hmmmm... I had a blind ugly date once -- smoker with bad teeth. Didn't make it much past hello

MyMovies4 is supposed to hit teh public I think around May 3rd, so there is a chance that the Dune TV Support may be added then.

Sorry about that date :-)

Cheers,
Damian

post #289 of 953 Old 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Damien (or anyone who knows),

What is the TV support? I know they are adding it, but how is it different than just adding TV shows like I have been: Add King of Queens Season 1 Disc 1, then Disc 2. etc.

IS this new support for the folks downloading from torrent sites and just individual espisode support so those folks can add- Big Bang theory, episode 42. Stuff like that?

Thanks

post #290 of 953 Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Look at the Zappiti TV support and its almost the same. It allows for individual episode information so you can pick which one to view. It scrapes the TVDb data just like Zappiti.
post #291 of 953 Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 PM

Actually, My Movies does not scape TVDB directly. We made an arrangement with TVDB to mirror their data on our own servers, and host from there - it allows us to do some things a bit differently.

But, otherwise correct.

My Movies - Movie Indexing application for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android: http://www.mymovies.dk
post #292 of 953 Old 04-16-2011, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry about that Brian... I misunderstood the arrangement made with TVDb.
post #293 of 953 Old 04-17-2011, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Spackman View Post

Damien (or anyone who knows),

What is the TV support? I know they are adding it, but how is it different than just adding TV shows like I have been: Add King of Queens Season 1 Disc 1, then Disc 2. etc.

IS this new support for the folks downloading from torrent sites and just individual espisode support so those folks can add- Big Bang theory, episode 42. Stuff like that?

Thanks

When you sign up for My Movies 4 Brian will personally buy you a new TV

Here is some info I written:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011...-show-support/

Cheers,
Damian

post #294 of 953 Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

I'm eagerly awaiting tv show support for the Dunes. If it is nearly as thorough and good-looking as it is for Windows Media Center, I'll be happy.
post #295 of 953 Old 04-18-2011, 01:23 PM

I have a new issue with the iPhone and iPad Apps. I can't launch any new titles I have added since I have updated to 3.20 PR1. I get the following error on both the iPhone and iPad apps when I try to launch any titles I have added since upgrading:
"Connection Error - failed to initialize dvd playback"

All the titles I added previously to upgrading seem to work fine.
post #296 of 953 Old 04-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan9 View Post

I have a new issue with the iPhone and iPad Apps. I can't launch any new titles I have added since I have updated to 3.20 PR1. I get the following error on both the iPhone and iPad apps when I try to launch any titles I have added since upgrading:
"Connection Error - failed to initialize dvd playback"

All the titles I added previously to upgrading seem to work fine.

Did you check those two boxes on the bottom of the configure online collection? Once you do that and synchronize your online collection, reinstall the iPad/iPhone app version 1.51 then let it download movies to your device.

Works like a champ!

Good luck!
Kevin
post #297 of 953 Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcthedj View Post

Did you check those two boxes on the bottom of the configure online collection? Once you do that and synchronize your online collection, reinstall the iPad/iPhone app version 1.51 then let it download movies to your device.

Works like a champ!

Good luck!
Kevin

Did all that, and it isn't working with any new titles I have added. All the titles added previous to the upgrade still work.
post #298 of 953 Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM

I have a question and I am new to the Dune players. I have a D1 and and Duo each with one hard drive in them. I have a 8gb thumb drive in the d1 and I am using that for meta data storage. Can the dunes share each others drives, and can My Movies monitor both drives, and allow the D1 to play movies on the Duo by navigating My Movies, and vice versa. I know I can browse over samba or NFS, but I want to be able to install 3 or mure players, and have one data base for all three drive, and have different movies on all the drives but be able to cross acess them. Hase anyone accomplished this through My Movies?
post #299 of 953 Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelectAV View Post

I have a question and I am new to the Dune players. I have a D1 and and Duo each with one hard drive in them. I have a 8gb thumb drive in the d1 and I am using that for meta data storage. Can the dunes share each others drives, and can My Movies monitor both drives, and allow the D1 to play movies on the Duo by navigating My Movies, and vice versa. I know I can browse over samba or NFS, but I want to be able to install 3 or mure players, and have one data base for all three drive, and have different movies on all the drives but be able to cross acess them. Hase anyone accomplished this through My Movies?

I don't think MM can do that. Every movie has exactly one location in its database, yet you would need a different location for each Dune. (Each Dune will have some movies local, and some network.) You would have to maintain three separate MM databases, each with the same titles.

Also I haven't heard of anyone playing movies over the network from a drive that's attached to another Dune. I'd be surprised if you could watch two movies from the same drive at the same time.

With a real NAS, this is achievable.
post #300 of 953 Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM

I was able to play two blu ray movies simutaneously form each dune to each other. work very well. two bad on not being able to do more than one database. Most installs will have NAS, but i have one upcoming that the customer would prefer not to due to cost.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page