Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 953 Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

I suspect you are encountering the SMB share limit; although you say the same problem occurs with NFS, so I'm not sure.

Edit: it looks like your movies are on //QNAP809/Qmultimedia and the index is on //QNAP809/Public. Those are two different shares, so this SMB share limit will definitely be a problem for you.

What jmanderson was suggesting was that you set up one share, say //QNAP809/Movies, and have both movies and index under that one share.

Thanks, ScottJ.

The information you provided is good to know. I will see if it resolves my issue.

Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 953 Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 PM

I finally got it to work.

ScottJ, you're instructions were right on, BUT I did this several times in the past without success.

I was doing everything right (time after time, day after day) but it appears installing newer versions of MM over past versions somehow messed up the program. I even installed USB drives directly to the Dune and set the index on it, but that didn't work.

After I THOROUGHLY uninstall all signs of MM from the directories and registry, all went well.

Both SMB and NFS Dune icons work as well.

If after you reinstall MM you don't get a message asking you to sign up/sign into your My Movies account, you missed something in the registry or system which (in my case) mess with MM's ability to play movies via this trio.

This is how I fixed it:

1. Uninstalled My Movies and SQL Server with Revo Uninstaller Pro to get all the registry entries, but unknown to me, it left behind directories and registry entries that apparently prevented my system from working properly, so I....

2. Manually scanned my system and deleted all "My Movies", "Binnerup" and "MSSQL" directories that were still lurking after the uninstalls.

3. Manually scanned my registry and deleted all "My Movies", "Binnerup" and "MSSQL" references (a lot was left behind).

4. Reinstalled MM and Configured meta-data

5. Ensured the "Dune Index Location" and "Path Configuration" was the same as where the movies were in.

6. On my system, a red X shows in the path. It works so I won't try to fix it.

7. Cleaned (all) Meta Data from folders.

8. Created new Database (do not restore prior info when asked).

9. Added Titles (manually, using the directory search).

10. Updated Meta-Data (not sure this was necessary).

Well, I'm up now. Time to correct the erroneous covers....

Thanks to everyone (throughout the multiple forums I posted in) for your help!
post #543 of 953 Old 08-24-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgneck View Post

After I THOROUGHLY uninstall all signs of MM from the directories and registry, all went well.

If you go back a few pages in this post, you'll see I went through a very similar ordeal, but with a WHS installation instead. Everything stopped working after I upgraded both the client side and server side installations os MM. I didn't go as far as you did in terms of completelynuninstalling the software, but I did completely delete my movie database and my meta data folders and rebuilt everything from scratch. After that, everything worked. The moral of these stories seems to be that if you had everything working, and you start having MM only playback problems after an upgrade, you do not have a networking or share problem!. Dump the database and rebuild it, everything will probably come out fine.
post #544 of 953 Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MendotaMike View Post

If you go back a few pages in this post, you'll see I went through a very similar ordeal, but with a WHS installation instead. Everything stopped working after I upgraded both the client side and server side installations os MM. I didn't go as far as you did in terms of completelynuninstalling the software, but I did completely delete my movie database and my meta data folders and rebuilt everything from scratch. After that, everything worked. The moral of these stories seems to be that if you had everything working, and you start having MM only playback problems after an upgrade, you do not have a networking or share problem!. Dump the database and rebuild it, everything will probably come out fine.

I did this MANY times and my problem persisted. I could not get the changes to take until I COMPLETELY uninstalled everything and manually clear out the registry entries left behind.
post #545 of 953 Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 AM

I recently bought a Mediasonic Raid drive enclosure (formatted as Raid 5). I copied some movie rips to it to test a few things. It is directly connected to my Dune D1 via USB. I am using MyMovies to view movie detail and something very strange is happening.

If I navigate to a movie directly on a folder listed on the Mediasonic unit and select the Avatar .iso file for example, the movie launches and plays perfectly with no shuddering at all. It looks and acts great. If however, I select the movie from the coverart view within a specified category, the movies "chugs" along really slowly and shudders horribly. I am not sure why this is.
I am using the following format to map to the movie location;
\\\\dune2\\Msonic_226c17f66c17c387\\Avatar

As I said, manually selecting the file it works like a charm.

Any ideas?
post #546 of 953 Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by myraid View Post
I recently bought a Mediasonic Raid drive enclosure (formatted as Raid 5). I copied some movie rips to it to test a few things. It is directly connected to my Dune D1 via USB. I am using MyMovies to view movie detail and something very strange is happening.

If I navigate to a movie directly on a folder listed on the Mediasonic unit and select the Avatar .iso file for example, the movie launches and plays perfectly with no shuddering at all. It looks and acts great. If however, I select the movie from the coverart view within a specified category, the movies "chugs" along really slowly and shudders horribly. I am not sure why this is.
I am using the following format to map to the movie location;
\\\\dune2\\Msonic_226c17f66c17c387\\Avatar

As I said, manually selecting the file it works like a charm.

Any ideas?
What do you have your Path Configuration set to in MyMovies? For direct-attached drives like this, you want it to be something like:

Code:
storage_name://Msonic_226c17f66c17c387/
post #547 of 953 Old 08-31-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
What do you have your Path Configuration set to in MyMovies? For direct-attached drives like this, you want it to be something like:

Code:
storage_name://Msonic_226c17f66c17c387/
That was it. I had the the Dune Path set to SMB instead of Attached Drive. Quick change and all it well.
Thank you.
post #548 of 953 Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM

Liked: 11
Hi......just starting to load TV Series within MM 4.02 PR via my Dune Max.
I can see the TV folder and series inside but cannot find a way to get coverart shown on the Dune for TV Series like it does for Movies.
Is this still a limitation within the Dune and MM or am I doing something incorrect?
Thx in advance!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #549 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
normally it should work exactly like with movies. Did you make a webservice update for the TV series ?
post #550 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

normally it should work exactly like with movies. Did you make a webservice update for the TV series ?

Mr Eric.......not sure I understand what you mean by web service update?
I double-checked the Dune Max and it shows the latest firmware as well running MM 4.0.2 PR which i believe is the latest beta release
Please let me know as I would LOVE to have coverart/back drops displayed for TV Series as I do for Movies.

TY!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #551 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

may be I misunderstood what you were looking for. when you say "cannot find a way to get coverart shown on the Dune" you mean that for example "galactica" cover is not anywhere in the "G" alphabetical sort and that you can't go to the individual episode backdrop like this one :

post #552 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:

may be I misunderstood what you were looking for. when you say "cannot find a way to get coverart shown on the Dune" you mean that for example "galactica" cover is not anywhere in the "G" alphabetical sort and that you can't go to the individual episode backdrop like this one :

Thats correct BUT only for viewable for Movies, not for TV Series
TV Series I only can access a folder structure within my network nas that is listed on the dune
I'm not sure where TV Series would even show up on the Dune......right now I have shortcuts for ALL MOVIES, RECENTLY ADDED, ETC and when I choose either I get all the coverart displayed for each movie.......hoping something like that is available for TV Series also

post #553 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

series should be amongst your movies, only difference will be that "galactica" will have a generic cover, then once opened it goes to the seasons level, then episodes level and at the end the individual episode backdrop as shown in my post.

regarding the webservice update I was talking about, it's the small icon looking like a TV screen between () (second icon on the right of the bin in the below picture). you should have also for your series the same view as shown below in the CM :

try to use it and see if that give something. you could also run a full index update.

i didn't have any problem with the series, it just shows like anything else...
post #554 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:

series should be amongst your movies, only difference will be that "galactica" will have a generic cover, then once opened it goes to the seasons level, then episodes level and at the end the individual episode backdrop as shown in my post.

regarding the webservice update I was talking about, it's the small icon looking like a TV screen between () (second icon on the right of the bin in the below picture). you should have also for your series the same view as shown below in the CM :

try to use it and see if that give something. you could also run a full index update.

i didn't have any problem with the series, it just shows like anything else...

Mr Eric......ty again for the quick reply
I do show all the TV Series info as you show in your photo on my CM tool, what I'm trying to do is get it displayed on my TV screen via my Dune player
Are you saying a TV Series file should be part of my Movies listing when I access Movies on my Dune?

post #555 of 953 Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

if you were looking to a "tv series" menu like there's na "alphabetical sort" or "genre" menu in mymovies on dune, you won't find it...Effectively, the TV series are spread accross your movies, so you will find "galactica" in the "g" alphabetical section, as well as in "science fiction" genre together with Star Wars or Alien movies for example. But you told me that you can't find it either here ??

Having a separate "tv series" and "movies" icons and listing (like yadis is doing) is something we should ask to the team for a next release.
post #556 of 953 Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Advanced Member

Hi all,

I made an full icon pack for Dune users. Both Index and Genres icons will be changed.

this pack is based on Xener's beautiful icons that you can find here http://community.mediabrowser.tv/top...first_response (you can donate here also). It comes in FR pack as well as a neutral version that you will use to add your own text with Paint (http://www.getpaint.net/).

I also used a previous work from Squidaz (here : http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=25260) for the genres neutral icons, but also reworked a bit his pack.

this is the final result :

Files and how-to on MM official forum : http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=26629

post #557 of 953 Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Hi all,

I made an full icon pack for Dune users. Both Index and Genres icons will be changed.

this pack is based on Xener's beautiful icons that you can find here http://community.mediabrowser.tv/top...first_response (you can donate here also). It comes in FR pack as well as a neutral version that you will use to add your own text with Paint (http://www.getpaint.net/).

I also used a previous work from Squidaz (here : http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=25260) for the genres neutral icons, but also reworked a bit his pack.

this is the final result :

Files and how-to on MM official forum : http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=26629

Very nice

Big fan of Xzener's icons, I use them with Zappiti and Media Browser

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #558 of 953 Old 09-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member

yep, Xener's are the best I could find. unfortunately it seems that he stopped posting on mediabrowser forum, so there's no new icons since last february

All kudos are for him, I only changed the lay-out for an international use...
post #559 of 953 Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

I reworked tovaxxx's Clear 2.0 tempate for MM. You can thank tovaxxx here : http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=376

So this is Template 7

I made some little changes for the movie template, but I had to rework almost everything for the TV series because :
1. MM is not able (at least for now) to use the TV banners
2. the overlay used by tovaxxx makes it impossible to use with 99% of the fanarts 'cause it's only showing 50% of a 1080p picture... the remaining 1% should be the True Blood fanart he used in his preview. (unless there's a big trick in yadis that makes dynamic backdrops hide/unhide...but MM anyway is not able to do this)

pictures :

movies

TV series

Files are there, and install is as usual : http://www.mediafire.com/?z1gflp9dj5qzq1z

post #560 of 953 Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Nicely done Eric. Good to see the community getting involved with customization.

Now, if we could just get some better documentation.

I would really like to customize elements beyond just the movie pages (in particular, the section pages) but, alas, very little documentation exists for it. I think there would be much more customization activity if interested users just had access to the info they need.

It is my firm belief that users choose this type of product based primarily on the look of the final UI. I really like MyMovies but, if the resulting UI is interior to that of competing products, it will lose the battle for market share. Allowing the community to contribute more complete themes (by providing more complete documentation) will quickly improve MyMovie's value.

Just my $0.02.

Dave
post #561 of 953 Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Advanced Member

what part is "section pages" for you ?

You can do whatever you want with the xml...

The problem is that the dev' team is clearly not focusing on Dune export (I don't think that Brian sees it as a growing user base). So for customization, where you should need some help, you don't get anywhere or you get somewhere but very slowly because you need to discover things by yourself.

I don't think that Yadis or zapitti documentation is better than MM, but as they are Dune only softwares the dev' team can be 100% dedicated to dune users and very active on forums, which is completely different with MM where Dune is only a small part of the soft capabilities.

I already tried to ask to Brian to open a sub-forum dedicated to Dune (I was not alone asking this), but without any success for now.

MM team is small and they won't do anything until they see A+B that Dune users are a big part of their community and that they should be taken care of.
post #562 of 953 Old 09-28-2011, 08:33 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi guys,

So I finally got around to importing my TV shows into MyMovies, however, I seem to have hit a snag. While Zappiti and yaDIS picked everything up properly MyMovies had some problems importing my folders. All of my TV shows are in ISO format (some blu-ray some DVD). I also have separate Season folders for specials for all my shows identified as Season 0.

I essentially used the import folders function and selected my main TV Shows folder - my structure is as follows TV Shows/ShowName/Season/Show Name SXXEXX.

Problems that I encoutered that I was hoping to get some help with were as follows:

1) I couldn't figure out how to scrape specials or how to scrape seasons broken up into two parts - for example, scraping something like the Sopranos Season 6 in which I have all my Season 6 episodes - MyMovies kept giving me the option to pick Season 6 Part I or Season 6 Part II. Any suggestions?

2) Also, in an effort to start over I deleted my TV shows as well as all metadata but now I can't seem to import any of my TV series, just in case it might help I upgraded to the newest pre-release but that didn't seem to fix anything either. Any suggestions?
post #563 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 01:42 AM

I'm currently using Zappiti with Dune and just looking into using MyMovies. However I'm hitting a problem with using multiple movie libraries. I have 3 folders currently each in its own SMB share.

The first share I addded plays movies fine, the other 2 shares will not play from the Dune player and I don't know why, no obvious issues and they work from Zappiti.

Any ideas?

Folders are:

\\\\DELLSERVER1420\\Media Library\\Movies
\\\\DELLSERVER1420\\Media Library - 2\\Movies
\\\\DELLSERVER1420\\Media Library - 3\\Movies
post #564 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Advanced Member

are you using MM 4.02PR4 ? It seems that there's a problem with this one (on a fresh install) regarding paths that should be corrected with the next PR.
post #565 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 AM

I'm on MM 4.01 according to the about box, would you recommend an update?
post #566 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Advanced Member

certainly not as the latest PR4 seems to have a problem with dune export.

When you look at your path for dune in the configuration window in Collection management (options/metadata/configure Dune), are they all green checked ?

Are you using folder monitoring or entering manually the path to your movies one by one ?
post #567 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 02:28 AM

Right I'm using folder monitoring to get a bulk load done though looking at the accuracy I will now turn off and update these manually over time. The update has pulled UNC paths so that seems ok.

Looking at the configuration they are checked red as I have not entered a user name for SMB I'll update that and try again. I've no access control on the folder but maybe it's just behaving oddly.
post #568 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member

OK, just try "guest" as login on SMB details (password should be left empty), should be enough to change it to green
post #569 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 AM

Ok tried that now no films work
post #570 of 953 Old 09-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

still checked red or green checked after adding the "guest" login ? could you try to past a screenshot of your path configuration in collection management ?

Also try this : in CM try to go to a movie stored in \\\\DELLSERVER1420\\Media Library - 2\\Movies (so one that doesn't launch), point manually to the folder (with the "disc" menu). Check if this movie is lauching. MM might tell you something like "you changed path for this movie and MM can update 25 movies with the same path", just click yes.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page