AVS Forum banner

*Official* MyMovies For Dune Thread

103K views 993 replies 91 participants last post by  hart2hart 
#1 ·
#27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19365644

The iPad app is being sent to Apple for review at the end of this week. We are currently finishing the last addition before it's done, which is the option to play titles on Windows Media Center directly from the app.

That sounds great. I have the MyMovies Pro App and really like it. I don't have an iPad but my Mom does so I definitely plan on borrowing after the iPad app comes out
I have been planning to do a quick writeup/review of the iPhone Pro App but I will wait for the iPad app to come out.

#28 ·
I downloaded PR4 and installed it, and now the program is no longer identifying some movies that it had no problem with in the past. (Avatar, 9, etc). When I try to "change title source" I select the directory of the movie and the little dialog box comes up and hangs at "Current Task:" I tested this function for movies it found too, and it hangs.

I tried making a new database too. Any ideas?

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19365182

1. In Collection Management under Tools -> Options -> Folder Monitoring you should be able to remove the folder in question. Hopefully then MyMovies should remove those movies, and t hen once removed you can re add.

Actually, the folder doesn't even show up there, I don't have any flagged for folder monitoring so there's nothing to remove. Any other suggestions? I looked on the MyMovies forum and knowledge base and there's nothing there.

#31 ·
In addition to misidentifying my blu-ray ISOs as DVDs MyMovies has overwritten the existing blu-ray cover art that I had in each of my folders. It's reasons like these that I prefer Zappiti (if it was scraping that is). Ideally, I'd like a program to leave my files alone and just create an Index.

#33 ·
Anyone have any idea how to change the All Titles screen that shows cover of the movies (2 rows x 5 columns) on the Dune to be the same grid format as WMC "Covers Full Screen" view? is it possible? If not, how about changing the font of the titles listed to the same font used when someone picks a specific movie (i.e. the movie details page)?

#34 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy /forum/post/19365737

Will you have a guide soon on how to enable these features from the template?

I expect so, yes.

#35 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by farside847 /forum/post/19366417

I downloaded PR4 and installed it, and now the program is no longer identifying some movies that it had no problem with in the past. (Avatar, 9, etc). When I try to "change title source" I select the directory of the movie and the little dialog box comes up and hangs at "Current Task:" I tested this function for movies it found too, and it hangs.

I tried making a new database too. Any ideas?

I would love to see a log, both of the import and on the change title source.

A log is created by enabling debug in Help, Debug menu, then restart the application and reproduce.

Can you send to support@mymovies.dk ?

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19366571

Actually, the folder doesn't even show up there, I don't have any flagged for folder monitoring so there's nothing to remove. Any other suggestions? I looked on the MyMovies forum and knowledge base and there's nothing there.

Once you have imported movies from a folder, they are not seen as content of a directory. You will have to delete the movies from the collection - you can mark multiple titles in the title list.

You can not remove them as a folder, because they are in the system no longer a folder.

#37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19366640

In addition to misidentifying my blu-ray ISOs as DVDs MyMovies has overwritten the existing blu-ray cover art that I had in each of my folders. It's reasons like these that I prefer Zappiti (if it was scraping that is). Ideally, I'd like a program to leave my files alone and just create an Index.

Can you share some details on how your Blu-ray ISO files is authored? The system should be able to look into the ISO file and determine it to be a Blu-ray type, but only if it is a complete Blu-ray ISO.

Regarding the coverart - there is a setting in the meta-data storage if you would like the program to store "folder.jpg" files - it is however enabled by default.

#38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes8993 /forum/post/19366641

Can you add blu-ray folders? When I try to add the blu-ray it just shows up as "stream". I'm sure I've added some DVD folders that weren't in .iso form. Is there something special I have to do for Blu-ray.

Yes, you should be able to without a problem. I will have to check if this could be a bug in the pre release.

#39 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by uddinz /forum/post/19366715

Anyone have any idea how to change the All Titles screen that shows cover of the movies (2 rows x 5 columns) on the Dune to be the same grid format as WMC "Covers Full Screen" view? is it possible? If not, how about changing the font of the titles listed to the same font used when someone picks a specific movie (i.e. the movie details page)?

This must be changed in the template.

The template is located in "C:\\ProgramData\\My Movies\\FileStorage\\User Customization\\Meta Data\\Dune Templates".

It is recommended to take a copy of the "My Movies Default.xml" and the "My Movies Default" folder and edit in that as a seperate template.

#40 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19367395

Can you share some details on how your Blu-ray ISO files is authored? The system should be able to look into the ISO file and determine it to be a Blu-ray type, but only if it is a complete Blu-ray ISO.

Regarding the coverart - there is a setting in the meta-data storage if you would like the program to store "folder.jpg" files - it is however enabled by default.

I use DVDFab to create movie only ISOs of my blu-ray titles. So with regards to the cover art, am I correct then that I can disable the generation of cover art?

#41 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19367406

I use DVDFab to create movie only ISOs of my blu-ray titles. So with regards to the cover art, am I correct then that I can disable the generation of cover art?

Yes, you can disable the cover art storage by unchecking the "Store front cover as folder.jpg" in meta-data settings.

Can I get you to send a "DIR /S" output of your drive when such image is mounted? My Movies looks for some specific Blu-ray files, but it could sound as though this kind of ISO creation leaves out what it looks for.

I would like to see if I can change that, and a content list would help.

#42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes8993 /forum/post/19366641

Can you add blu-ray folders? When I try to add the blu-ray it just shows up as "stream". I'm sure I've added some DVD folders that weren't in .iso form. Is there something special I have to do for Blu-ray.

I have just tried looking at this, and cannot reproduce an issue.

I would love some details from you:

- I expect you were using folder import function, or, were you using monitoring?

- If you were using folder import, which folder did you select to import from in relation to the BDMV folder?

- Is there any chance you can enable debug (Help, Debug, restart CM), then delete the STREAM titles from your collection and run the import again to reproduce, and send the log to support@mymovies.dk ?

#44 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 /forum/post/19367583

I can't even get Mymovies to install on my Windows 7 64 machine. I get the 2908 error followed by publictoken=4f079cf7f10a3651

Can you send a screendump to support@mymovies.dk , then I will try to help you?

#46 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19367501

I have just tried looking at this, and cannot reproduce an issue.

I would love some details from you:

- I expect you were using folder import function, or, were you using monitoring?

- If you were using folder import, which folder did you select to import from in relation to the BDMV folder?

- Is there any chance you can enable debug (Help, Debug, restart CM), then delete the STREAM titles from your collection and run the import again to reproduce, and send the log to support@mymovies.dk ?

I figured it out. I was only trying to import one Blu-Ray so I was going to the Movie level folder. Once I tried to import the whole folder with all my Blurays then it worked. For instance, I have a folder titled "Blu-Ray 2" and inside this folder I have a number of movies in their own folder, one of them being Avatar. When I tried to import the Avatar folder, it would just give me "Stream". However, when I tried to import "Blu-Ray 2", everything worked fine.

How come you can't just do one folder with one movie?

#47 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19367401

This must be changed in the template.

The template is located in "C:\\ProgramData\\My Movies\\FileStorage\\User Customization\\Meta Data\\Dune Templates".

It is recommended to take a copy of the "My Movies Default.xml" and the "My Movies Default" folder and edit in that as a seperate template.

Hmmm, I do not have a C:\\ProgramData directory. I have already enabled hidden fils/folders. Could it be in another place? I run XP Pro.

#48 ·
If you are on XP, it will be here:

"C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\ApplicationData\\My Movies\\FileStorage\\User Customization\\Meta Data\\Dune Templates"

#51 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19367409

Yes, you can disable the cover art storage by unchecking the "Store front cover as folder.jpg" in meta-data settings.

Can I get you to send a "DIR /S" output of your drive when such image is mounted? My Movies looks for some specific Blu-ray files, but it could sound as though this kind of ISO creation leaves out what it looks for.

I would like to see if I can change that, and a content list would help.

Binnerup,

I'm not really sure what your asking for, could you elaborate a bit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.