post #631 of 953 Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis h View Post

Great, I'll give it a try. Does anything need to be installed on the Dune, or can I just set the program up on the server and point it to the Dune? I ask only because if there is nothing to install directly into the Dune, I should be able to set it up remotely from work today.

Just on the windows box. Most important thing in the intial config is the direction of the sync. Click on the graphical arrow and note the direction it is pointing when you change it. (You only want it one way - from source to target.) All the other config items you can play with later. Just try it on one dune for a start and once you have everything the way you want it in the 'job' you can add the other dunes to the same job. Good Luck!

From work eh? Obviously during your lunch break ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 953 Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by btiltman View Post

From work eh? Obviously during your lunch break ;-)

Obviously

I got it installed on the server yesterday and did the initial configuration and analysis. Last night I let it do the sync with the D1 down in the theater. It took about three hours, but I'm guessing that's just because it was an initial sync. I'll add a couple of movies tonight and sync it again and hopefully it will be a lot faster. I haven't had a chance to fire up the D1 and confirm that the files are there and the index is working, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

BTW, what kind of use prompted you to need to upgrade to the paid license? Nothing came up with this initial sync. Maybe I'll exceed the free version capabilities when I'm regularly syncing 3 dunes.
post #633 of 953 Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

I haven't used DeltaCopy myself but from their online instructions I would guess that you need to run DeltaCopy Client on your Windows box. Create a profile and add the MyMovies index directory as the files/folders to copy. For server name use the IP of your Dune. For Virtual Directory, use the name of the Dune storage (same as you see when you FTP to the Dune).

This assumes your Dune storage is used only for the index and nothing else.

It appears that DeltaCopy is pretty limited in what it can do versus the full rsync. Do you have to set up a schedule for when it runs, versus running on demand? It's not clear from their website.

You could also install Cygwin+Rsync on Windows and use the command-line rsync.

But, Allway Sync (which uses FTP) might be sufficient for your needs, and is probably easier to set up. I know WinSCP (free) can also do sync over FTP but it's probably not as automated as Allway Sync.

Thanks for the additional info, Scott. It seems counterintuitive to set the media server as the client and the Dune as the server name. Maybe that's where I was failing in the setup, as I think I was doing it the other way around. My storage is only for the index. The system files are currently on an SD card in the front.

Delta Copy does allow scheduling. That part is fairly intuitive. I'm going to try to set this up on the D1 in the living room and if/when I can get both programs to work ill tell you guys which I like better. Thanks!
post #634 of 953 Old 01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis h View Post

Delta Copy does allow scheduling. That part is fairly intuitive. I'm going to try to set this up on the D1 in the living room and if/when I can get both programs to work ill tell you guys which I like better. Thanks!

I would love to hear your experiences with both of them. I think there's lots of people who could benefit.

I first set up rsync back when MyMovies would rewrite the entire index each time. I set up a multi-step rsync flow so that only the modified files would be transferred to the Dune. First I rsync with a local directory on my server using --checksum, so that only the changed files will have an updated timestamp. Then I rsync from there to the Dune using the default method of comparing size+timestamp.

From what I can tell about DeltaCopy, it doesn't seem to have the equivalent of --checksum.
post #635 of 953 Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberjd97 View Post

Thanks again, I will try the image resolution trick and see if that works. At first, I just tried changing the jpg's in the movies folders and running the full update, and that didn't work. Then I saw the backdrops folder in the application data, and noticed that they matched the .jpg's in the movies folders, so thought I should change those. That didn't work. Then I tried changing both, and that didn't work. I ran full updates after each attempt. Hopefully your image resolution trick will work.

I would be willing to pay a couple more bucks to upload my own background. Wish that was a feature.

Thanks again.

The image resolution trick didn't work. This is frustrating.
post #636 of 953 Old 01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 33
This is really strange... You really can't upload anything fanart to the webservice or the problem is only on one movie ?

Can you give me the imdb number for this movie and I will try to upload your picture I you give a link to it. May be the problem is related to your account only ?
post #637 of 953 Old 01-07-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

This is really strange... You really can't upload anything fanart to the webservice or the problem is only on one movie ?

Can you give me the imdb number for this movie and I will try to upload your picture I you give a link to it. May be the problem is related to your account only ?

It's just certain movies, that won't accept screencaptures, even though there are less than 3 for that movie. This particular movie is Cool Hand Luke, IMDB number tt0061512, but it has happened for other movies as well. I try to upload the screencapture and get this message:

"The maximum number of uploaded backdrops containing Screen Captures for this title have been reached. There may only be 3 screen captures on each title. Notice that contributing incorrectly contributing a Screen Capture as Art Work to bypass this limitation will lead to closure of your account."

I get this message despite the fact that there are less than 3 screen captures. For Cool Hand Luke, there is one fanart and one screen capture. No idea what the issue is.

Thanks.
post #638 of 953 Old 01-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am really enjoying My Movies and the Dune. Thanks to those on this forum who helped me set it up. We have a vacation home that I would like to set up My Movies with the Dune at. The other place would have its own Dune and its own NAS. I would copy the existing files and index onto a second NAS that I arlready have, and get another Dune. I admit I don't fully understand how all this works. I am not sure if the path names need to be the same at both places, etc. The two NASs have different names right now as they are both on my home network. Is it possible to do this with the same My Movies account, or do I need to set up a second one. Thanks in advance.
post #639 of 953 Old 01-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's just certain movies, that won't accept screencaptures, even though there are less than 3 for that movie. This particular movie is Cool Hand Luke, IMDB number tt0061512, but it has happened for other movies as well. I try to upload the screencapture and get this message:

"The maximum number of uploaded backdrops containing Screen Captures for this title have been reached. There may only be 3 screen captures on each title. Notice that contributing incorrectly contributing a Screen Capture as Art Work to bypass this limitation will lead to closure of your account."

I get this message despite the fact that there are less than 3 screen captures. For Cool Hand Luke, there is one fanart and one screen capture. No idea what the issue is.

Thanks.

I tried to upload your screenshot (found it on TMDB) and had the same message. I used the "!" and reported that the first fanart was with no type, I also ask moderator to check why it's impossible to add a new fanart. Will tell you what their answer is...
post #640 of 953 Old 01-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbs View Post

I am really enjoying My Movies and the Dune. Thanks to those on this forum who helped me set it up. We have a vacation home that I would like to set up My Movies with the Dune at. The other place would have its own Dune and its own NAS. I would copy the existing files and index onto a second NAS that I arlready have, and get another Dune. I admit I don't fully understand how all this works. I am not sure if the path names need to be the same at both places, etc. The two NASs have different names right now as they are both on my home network. Is it possible to do this with the same My Movies account, or do I need to set up a second one. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately you will need another MM with another new account...If you use the same account it will be a big mess for your paths and for synching, with high risks that you will destroy one DB or the other by making a bad synch.

Try to save your db, create a new MM and account and may be you will be able to import the first db to the new one. But I don't know if it will work and if the saved db are linked exclusively to an account.
post #641 of 953 Old 01-09-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:

I tried to upload your screenshot (found it on TMDB) and had the same message. I used the "!" and reported that the first fanart was with no type, I also ask moderator to check why it's impossible to add a new fanart. Will tell you what their answer is...

Thanks Eric, I really appreciate it. How did you contact the moderator?
post #642 of 953 Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Just click on the yellow "!" icon you will find in the fanart description, this will allow you to fill in a report that should be received by a mod.
post #643 of 953 Old 01-14-2012, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Going crazy trying to set this up with the Duo. Where to begin? I have it set up and all movies display sometimes when I select the first movie it will reset. Then when it's back on I get the invalid URL. It shows something like smb\\\\dune\\\\...... I have a 3tb HDD all my movies are in folders under movies on the internal HDD. It seems everyone I try another path I get another share. Now I have 4??? Then when it does work it just plays stutturing and I dont get dts hd you could not even watch as bad as it stutters. But it will play perfect if i select it from the HDD. How do I get this to work? I have the path set up for attached storage because I have a internal HDD. I want everything on the internal drive and nothing on he pc. Any help would be great!!
post #644 of 953 Old 01-15-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablozoe View Post

Going crazy trying to set this up with the Duo. Where to begin? I have it set up and all movies display sometimes when I select the first movie it will reset. Then when it's back on I get the invalid URL. It shows something like smb\\\\dune\\\\...... I have a 3tb HDD all my movies are in folders under movies on the internal HDD. It seems everyone I try another path I get another share. Now I have 4??? Then when it does work it just plays stutturing and I dont get dts hd you could not even watch as bad as it stutters. But it will play perfect if i select it from the HDD. How do I get this to work? I have the path set up for attached storage because I have a internal HDD. I want everything on the internal drive and nothing on he pc. Any help would be great!!

You need to adjust your path configuration in MyMovies. Don't use SMB (that's for accessing over network) but use storage_name: or storage_label: instead.

Select the locally attached drive on the Dune main screen and press Info (or something like that). It will tell you what the label is. Then put that in like storage_label://whatever/ and there's your path configuration.
post #645 of 953 Old 01-15-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

You need to adjust your path configuration in MyMovies. Don't use SMB (that's for accessing over network) but use storage_name: or storage_label: instead.

Select the locally attached drive on the Dune main screen and press Info (or something like that). It will tell you what the label is. Then put that in like storage_label://whatever/ and there's your path configuration.

I copied everything after the // and it seems to work the way it should. Thanks fir the help.
post #646 of 953 Old 01-15-2012, 08:47 PM

Now that I think I have everything setup I added a new movie to the data base but it did not upload the metadata to the player I have the iPad app it sync it with it and shows it but not on the player. What are the steps for adding movies. Also when in hit play on the iPad app it says path to av not correct sync paths? I did all the syncing and it says it's synced but it does not work? Any suggestions. And one other thing for the player how do you get rid of military time and put regular time?
post #647 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

where is your index ? Remember that your index needs to be available 24/7 to accept updates from MM. For example, if you have it on your dune internal HDD, but the dune is turned off (not in standby) MM won't be able to write anything on it.

For the ipad app if you've got the synch message, you should check if you correctly checked the synch options for the mobile app that you will find in collection management in menu webservice/configure online and mobile synch (bottom lines, both need to be checked)

SP : if you are the same guy that posted in MM official forums, forget about my MP sent there as you want to use the iPad app...
post #648 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:13 AM

Yes both are checked I get the pop up on the iPad app the playback path is not correctly specified please resynch with the collection in the collection manager. Everyone I hit resynch it says it unto date. Where do I specify the path. And yes I posted in a few forums trying to figure it out
post #649 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Yes both are checked I get the pop up on the iPad app the playback path is not correctly specified please resynch with the collection in the collection manager. Everyone I hit resynch it says it unto date. Where do I specify the path. And yes I posted in a few forums trying to figure it out

In collection management I think you need to choose the option to sync your online collection (you can access from the toolbar). Not in front of my PC right now so can't be more specific. There should be a checkbox to embed the playerpath as well

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #650 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Could you post a screenshot of your path configuration ? (the one that you have in CM : tools/options/metadata/dune configuration)

Did you correctly set up your drive as "attached" in "configure access rights" with exact drive name as you see it on your network ? (this is case sensitive...)

If all this is done correctly, try to uninstall the app and re-install. this will force a synch from scratch and might be working.
post #651 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Could you post a screenshot of your path configuration ? (the one that you have in CM : tools/options/metadata/dune configuration)

Did you correctly set up your drive as "attached" in "configure access rights" with exact drive name as you see it on your network ? (this is case sensitive...)

I sure can. But the path for the dune player plays the movies fine from my movies just can't get the iPad app to play. I will post a screen shot right now
post #652 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks Eric, I really appreciate it. How did you contact the moderator?

finally recieved an answer from a mod following my question...

Quote:
The moderator wrote the following message to you:
--------------------------------------------------
It's a bug that hasn't been fixed yet.
--------------------------------------------------

at least they know the problem
post #653 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I sure can. But the path for the dune player plays the movies fine from my movies just can't get the iPad app to play. I will post a screen shot right now

so if it's correct when lauched within mymovies index on dune, then it's a webservice problem. try to re-install the ipad app.
post #654 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

In Collection Management go to WebService -> Configure Online and Mobile Service. Under the Mobile Collection part do you have the two options checked (Allow online storage of paths)?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #655 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

In Collection Management go to WebService -> Configure Online and Mobile Service. Under the Mobile Collection part do you have the two options checked (Allow online storage of paths)?

Quote:

post #656 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 09:09 AM

here are the 2 requested pics

since i turened on folder monitoring i get 2 extra paths?
post #657 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:

finally recieved an answer from a mod following my question...

at least they know the problem

Thanks Eric, that's good to know. Glad the problem wasn't on my end. Hopefully they will get it resolved soon. Thanks again for all your help.
post #658 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

here are the 2 requested pics

since i turened on folder monitoring i get 2 extra paths?

try this :

check in your dune HDD root. there should be a dune_folder.txt with a simple line which should be "storage_name= hard_disk_619d....", remove the UUID (_619d...) from this line and restart your dune. Then go back to CM, change the name you gave to your attached drive for all your paths to "hard_disk" (I guess it was hard_disk_619d... before) without the _619d.... Save changes, paths should still be green checked, and synch PC/web and Web/ipad.

try if it works (you might need to uninstall/reinstall the app).

If you have any movies declared on "Z:", it won't work. You always need to use UNC path (i.e. accessed through the "network" explorer) even if those drives are on your PC and you can see them in the windows explorer with a drive letter.
post #659 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:

try this :

check in your dune HDD root. there should be a dune_folder.txt with a simple line which should be "storage_name= hard_disk_619d....", remove the UUID (_619d...) from this line and restart your dune. Then go back to CM, change the name you gave to your attached drive for all your paths to "hard_disk" (I guess it was hard_disk_619d... before) without the _619d.... Save changes, paths should still be green checked, and synch PC/web and Web/ipad.

try if it works (you might need to uninstall/reinstall the app).

If you have any movies declared on "Z:", it won't work. You always need to use UNC path (i.e. accessed through the "network" explorer) even if those drives are on your PC and you can see them in the windows explorer with a drive letter.

Now I get failed to open URL on the player URL:storage_name://hard_disk//movie/MoneyBall/

It used to say the name of the movie/name of movie.MKV

I can't see how this is so hard! I'm starting from scratch reformatting the drive. And begin from there!
post #660 of 953 Old 01-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

There's an extra "/" not needed in your example after your disk name. Is it a mistype from you or is it really like that ?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page