AVS Forum banner

*Official* MyMovies For Dune Thread

103K views 993 replies 91 participants last post by  hart2hart 
#1 ·
#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercell /forum/post/19371178

My network is too slow to play BD Movies, so I have them on the hard drive directly attached to the Dune. How do I tell My Movies to load the movie directly from the hard drive? It keeps loading the movie through the network.

It is explained in the documentation that is in the first post of this thread, but....

You must either import the titles from the Dune through "\\\\Dune" and the disc, or have it attached to the PC while doing indexing.

In both cases, in the path configuration, you selected it as a "Named Drive", and it will then be accessed using that name. The program will automatically store the file information needed to name the drive.

#53 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19372140

I'm not really sure what your asking for, could you elaborate a bit?

Yes, I basically just need a list of all files on the disc.

#54 ·
I have started specifying how you can create custom templates with My Movies.

This is work in progress, and it will take some time before it is done. It can be used however as an introduction to how this works.

http://wiki.mymovies.dk/HDI%20Dune%2...omization.ashx

#56 ·
I forgot to mention - if you start working on a custom template, you are very welcome to ask questions here even on the parts that is not yet specified.

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19372365

It is explained in the documentation that is in the first post of this thread, but....

You must either import the titles from the Dune through "\\\\Dune" and the disc, or have it attached to the PC while doing indexing.

In both cases, in the path configuration, you selected it as a "Named Drive", and it will then be accessed using that name. The program will automatically store the file information needed to name the drive.

Thanks for the response, Binnerup. Does this mean that every time I want to update metadata I need to unplug the drive from the Dune and attach it to my computer with Collection Management on it? I used the documentation you linked to in the first post, and Dune shows all movies in the My Movies Folder, but when I click on the movie, it plays it over the network rather than directly through the attached drive. I know it's just a path configuration that's not right, but I'm not sure what it should be.

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercell /forum/post/19377612

Thanks for the response, Binnerup. Does this mean that every time I want to update metadata I need to unplug the drive from the Dune and attach it to my computer with Collection Management on it? I used the documentation you linked to in the first post, and Dune shows all movies in the My Movies Folder, but when I click on the movie, it plays it over the network rather than directly through the attached drive. I know it's just a path configuration that's not right, but I'm not sure what it should be.

I will reply with base in 3.18, please make sure this is the version you use.

You do not have to attach the drives to the PC - you can index directly from the Dune over network, but you must select the path as a "Named Drive" in the path configuration (in My Movies Dune configuration).

Then it will play it directly internally.

#60 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19377638

I will reply with base in 3.18, please make sure this is the version you use.

You do not have to attach the drives to the PC - you can index directly from the Dune over network, but you must select the path as a "Named Drive" in the path configuration (in My Movies Dune configuration).

Then it will play it directly internally.

Thanks again, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm on 3.18 using a Dune Smart H1. When I select "named drive" it lets me choose a name, but then when I check the settings, it changes to shared folder. In the configuration lists, all my drives have //Dune in front of them.

#61 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercell /forum/post/19379798

Thanks again, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm on 3.18 using a Dune Smart H1. When I select "named drive" it lets me choose a name, but then when I check the settings, it changes to shared folder. In the configuration lists, all my drives have //Dune in front of them.

Which PR are you on specifically?

#63 ·
supercell: I can remember dealing with this issue with it not saving correct.

Can I get you to contact me at support@mymovies.dk , and I will provide you with an early PR5 which hopefully solves it.

#64 ·
Would My Movies for Windows Home Server work in "Vail"?

I downloaded the program and tried following the tutorial video but

"Vail" does not have an Add-In folder.

#65 ·
Samaritano:

The current version will not, no.

You will not find any add-in developed for WHS v1 that will work with VAIL, they have changed the development method fully.

We have an internal version for VAIL, but we are not making it available until VAIL becomes an actual available product.

#66 ·
Im not clear on how to setup the path.

Im using DvdFab to backup dvd movies onto an external drive hooked to my computer. When Im done backing up I remove the hard drive from the computer and hook it up to the Dune.

How do I setup the path using this scenario?

Can I backup all if my movies and then install My Movies?

I plan on having different external hard drives. Maybe one of them for TV Series and another one for Movies etc.

Also where does My Movies get installed?? On each individual hard drive with the movies or on the Dune?

#67 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19381898

Samaritano:

The current version will not, no.

You will not find any add-in developed for WHS v1 that will work with VAIL, they have changed the development method fully.

We have an internal version for VAIL, but we are not making it available until VAIL becomes an actual available product.

Thank you Binnerup.

#68 ·
Sorry if this is off topic, but can you use Collection Management to just add movie cover art in folder.jpg files to ISO files or folders in bulk on a NAS? If not could you do it in the ripping process before sending it to the NAS? I'm about to rip a ton of BD's & DVD's and for now that's all I need in there.

#69 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f
Im not clear on how to setup the path.

Im using DvdFab to backup dvd movies onto an external drive hooked to my computer. When Im done backing up I remove the hard drive from the computer and hook it up to the Dune.

How do I setup the path using this scenario?

Can I backup all if my movies and then install My Movies?

I plan on having different external hard drives. Maybe one of them for TV Series and another one for Movies etc.

Also where does My Movies get installed?? On each individual hard drive with the movies or on the Dune?
This guide does a good job of explaining.
http://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/writte...r%20HDI%20Dune

#71 ·
I did post this question on My Movie forum but never got an answer.

Im just starting out with this so Im very basic.

My question is..........where do I install My Movies?

Im using external hard drives which I hook to my Dune to watch movies. So how do I start the initial installation? Do I put it on the external hard drive?

Do I put it on the PC while the external hard drive is hooked to it?

Im planning on moving to a TowerRaid so Im sure the same rules would apply??

This really does not seemed to be addressed in the guide unless I missed something.

#72 ·
Install the application on a PC in your network (any PC on the same network as your files). Then you connect to your files via network and add them to the CM.

My set up is this:

MyMovies PC --->Media server #1-4--->Dune Base.

There are no movie files on my MyMovies PC. Everything is connected via SMB on a gigabit network.

#73 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f
I did post this question on My Movie forum but never got an answer.

Im just starting out with this so Im very basic.

My question is..........where do I install My Movies?

Im using external hard drives which I hook to my Dune to watch movies. So how do I start the initial installation? Do I put it on the external hard drive?

Do I put it on the PC while the external hard drive is hooked to it?

Im planning on moving to a TowerRaid so Im sure the same rules would apply??

This really does not seemed to be addressed in the guide unless I missed something.
You install MyMovies on your PC.

And then

Attached Drive

The Attached Drive configuration type is available as a configuration option both when you have added your titles from a network share and when you have added your titles from a local drive connected to the PC. Using the Attached Drive configuration, you will be asked to input a name for the drive. If you are using this option on a drive connected to the PC, you must disconnect the drive from the PC and attach it to the Dune - you will then see the drive with the given name on the Dune homescreen. If you are using this option for a network share, the network share must be one imported directly from the Dune though the "\\\\Dune" network share - this option allows you to index titles directly from the Dune for all drives connected to the Dune itself. The name configured in both situations will be shown on the Dune home screen for the drive.

Hope this helps.

#74 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy
Install the application on a PC in your network (any PC on the same network as your files). Then you connect to your files via network and add them to the CM.

My set up is this:

MyMovies PC --->Media server #1-4--->Dune Base.

There are no movie files on my MyMovies PC. Everything is connected via SMB on a gigabit network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyZues
You install MyMovies on your PC.

And then

Attached Drive

The Attached Drive configuration type is available as a configuration option both when you have added your titles from a network share and when you have added your titles from a local drive connected to the PC. Using the Attached Drive configuration, you will be asked to input a name for the drive. If you are using this option on a drive connected to the PC, you must disconnect the drive from the PC and attach it to the Dune - you will then see the drive with the given name on the Dune homescreen. If you are using this option for a network share, the network share must be one imported directly from the Dune though the "\\\\Dune" network share - this option allows you to index titles directly from the Dune for all drives connected to the Dune itself. The name configured in both situations will be shown on the Dune home screen for the drive.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. This will at least get me started.

Im not really using any Network. Im just backing up my DVD discs to the external hard drive and using it that way. Im guessing it will still work?

#76 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19434877

I wonder if down the road this is something that could be implemented with the Dune?

I can tell you that IP control is being tested in a beta firmware as we speak. I have this from a trusted source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.