Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercell View Post

Thanks again, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm on 3.18 using a Dune Smart H1. When I select "named drive" it lets me choose a name, but then when I check the settings, it changes to shared folder. In the configuration lists, all my drives have //Dune in front of them.

Which PR are you on specifically?

My Movies - Movie Indexing application for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android: http://www.mymovies.dk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binnerup View Post

which pr are you on specifically?

pr 4
post #63 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 AM

supercell: I can remember dealing with this issue with it not saving correct.

Can I get you to contact me at support@mymovies.dk, and I will provide you with an early PR5 which hopefully solves it.

My Movies - Movie Indexing application for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android: http://www.mymovies.dk
post #64 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 10:08 AM

Liked: 13
Would My Movies for Windows Home Server work in "Vail"?
I downloaded the program and tried following the tutorial video but
"Vail" does not have an Add-In folder.

Edgar
post #65 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 10:15 AM

Samaritano:

The current version will not, no.

You will not find any add-in developed for WHS v1 that will work with VAIL, they have changed the development method fully.

We have an internal version for VAIL, but we are not making it available until VAIL becomes an actual available product.

post #66 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Im not clear on how to setup the path.

Im using DvdFab to backup dvd movies onto an external drive hooked to my computer. When Im done backing up I remove the hard drive from the computer and hook it up to the Dune.

How do I setup the path using this scenario?

Can I backup all if my movies and then install My Movies?

I plan on having different external hard drives. Maybe one of them for TV Series and another one for Movies etc.

Also where does My Movies get installed?? On each individual hard drive with the movies or on the Dune?
post #67 of 953 Old 10-24-2010, 10:51 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup View Post

Samaritano:

The current version will not, no.

You will not find any add-in developed for WHS v1 that will work with VAIL, they have changed the development method fully.

We have an internal version for VAIL, but we are not making it available until VAIL becomes an actual available product.

Thank you Binnerup.

Edgar
post #68 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Sorry if this is off topic, but can you use Collection Management to just add movie cover art in folder.jpg files to ISO files or folders in bulk on a NAS? If not could you do it in the ripping process before sending it to the NAS? I'm about to rip a ton of BD's & DVD's and for now that's all I need in there.
post #69 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Im not clear on how to setup the path.

Im using DvdFab to backup dvd movies onto an external drive hooked to my computer. When Im done backing up I remove the hard drive from the computer and hook it up to the Dune.

How do I setup the path using this scenario?

Can I backup all if my movies and then install My Movies?

I plan on having different external hard drives. Maybe one of them for TV Series and another one for Movies etc.

Also where does My Movies get installed?? On each individual hard drive with the movies or on the Dune?
This guide does a good job of explaining.
http://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/writte...r%20HDI%20Dune
post #70 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 PM

It is the same link as in the first post.
post #71 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

I did post this question on My Movie forum but never got an answer.

Im just starting out with this so Im very basic.

My question is..........where do I install My Movies?

Im using external hard drives which I hook to my Dune to watch movies. So how do I start the initial installation? Do I put it on the external hard drive?
Do I put it on the PC while the external hard drive is hooked to it?

Im planning on moving to a TowerRaid so Im sure the same rules would apply??

This really does not seemed to be addressed in the guide unless I missed something.
post #72 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Install the application on a PC in your network (any PC on the same network as your files). Then you connect to your files via network and add them to the CM.

My set up is this:

MyMovies PC --->Media server #1-4--->Dune Base.

There are no movie files on my MyMovies PC. Everything is connected via SMB on a gigabit network.
post #73 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I did post this question on My Movie forum but never got an answer.

Im just starting out with this so Im very basic.

My question is..........where do I install My Movies?

Im using external hard drives which I hook to my Dune to watch movies. So how do I start the initial installation? Do I put it on the external hard drive?
Do I put it on the PC while the external hard drive is hooked to it?

Im planning on moving to a TowerRaid so Im sure the same rules would apply??

This really does not seemed to be addressed in the guide unless I missed something.
You install MyMovies on your PC.

And then

Attached Drive

The Attached Drive configuration type is available as a configuration option both when you have added your titles from a network share and when you have added your titles from a local drive connected to the PC. Using the Attached Drive configuration, you will be asked to input a name for the drive. If you are using this option on a drive connected to the PC, you must disconnect the drive from the PC and attach it to the Dune - you will then see the drive with the given name on the Dune homescreen. If you are using this option for a network share, the network share must be one imported directly from the Dune though the "\\\\Dune" network share - this option allows you to index titles directly from the Dune for all drives connected to the Dune itself. The name configured in both situations will be shown on the Dune home screen for the drive.

Hope this helps.
post #74 of 953 Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
Install the application on a PC in your network (any PC on the same network as your files). Then you connect to your files via network and add them to the CM.

My set up is this:

MyMovies PC --->Media server #1-4--->Dune Base.

There are no movie files on my MyMovies PC. Everything is connected via SMB on a gigabit network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyZues View Post
You install MyMovies on your PC.

And then

Attached Drive

The Attached Drive configuration type is available as a configuration option both when you have added your titles from a network share and when you have added your titles from a local drive connected to the PC. Using the Attached Drive configuration, you will be asked to input a name for the drive. If you are using this option on a drive connected to the PC, you must disconnect the drive from the PC and attach it to the Dune - you will then see the drive with the given name on the Dune homescreen. If you are using this option for a network share, the network share must be one imported directly from the Dune though the "\\\\Dune" network share - this option allows you to index titles directly from the Dune for all drives connected to the Dune itself. The name configured in both situations will be shown on the Dune home screen for the drive.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. This will at least get me started.

Im not really using any Network. Im just backing up my DVD discs to the external hard drive and using it that way. Im guessing it will still work?
post #75 of 953 Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 71
Brian just posted an updated writeup on Mymovies for the iPad app, looks sick:

http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com/2010...c-coming-soon/

One feature you will be able to control WMC with the App. I wonder if down the road this is something that could be implemented with the Dune?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #76 of 953 Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I wonder if down the road this is something that could be implemented with the Dune?

I can tell you that IP control is being tested in a beta firmware as we speak. I have this from a trusted source.
post #77 of 953 Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy™ View Post

I can tell you that IP control is being tested in a beta firmware as we speak. I have this from a trusted source.

the person, or one of the people, testing the beta firmware with ip control of the dune has posted about it here. as a user of irule, mymovies, and the dune, i'm very excited about the things it will make possible.

post #78 of 953 Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

OK... I have to admit that the new MyMovies app for the iPad is pretty freaking cool for one feature alone... MCE play button. You connect to your HTPC, via WiFi, and when you select a movie in the app you can hit the play button and it will launch the movie in your HTPC.

I cannot wait for the IP control to come to the Dune firmware so this feature can be enabled to work with Dunes.
post #79 of 953 Old 11-09-2010, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

OK... I have to admit that the new MyMovies app for the iPad is pretty freaking cool for one feature alone... MCE play button. You connect to your HTPC, via WiFi, and when you select a movie in the app you can hit the play button and it will launch the movie in your HTPC.

I cannot wait for the IP control to come to the Dune firmware so this feature can be enabled to work with Dunes.

Agreed, just tested out yesterday as well. Worked flawless, launching external players for playback where needed (such as TMT3)

Cheers,
Damian

post #80 of 953 Old 11-10-2010, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Just posted my writeup on the new My Movies iPad App:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...vies-ipad-app/

Cheers,
Damian

post #81 of 953 Old 11-10-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just posted my writeup on the new My Movies iPad App:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...vies-ipad-app/

Nice writeup Damian. I was glad you put in the time it took to synch your 400 movie collection to give people reference. It is quite slow if you have a large collection. Mine took almost 45 minutes with over 2300 titles and then another 30 minutes to update the covers to large size (hey, bigger is always better... ain't it?).
post #82 of 953 Old 11-12-2010, 11:46 AM

I posted this on the My Movies forum, but thought I'd try it here also. I'm running My Movies 3.18

I'll start off by saying that I have a Dune HD Smart B1 on order, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've got a collection of about 480 DVD ISO images and having been using my movies to play them in Windows Media Center. My setup is a database server running in my basement with the server/client version of My Movies for Media Center and a workstation upstairs that has just the client version on it. I rip all my movies from the workstation upstairs to a UnRAID server in the basement. In preparation of my Dune arriving I checked the box for the Dune metadata and pointed the dune index to a file share on my database server downstairs and the movies location to my UnRaid server also downstairs. I clicked the update button and it created the index. Since I don't have my Dune yet I just looked at the share to verify that it had actually created the index. It had and when I later added a couple more DVD ISO's it automatically updated the index with those movies. Last night I decided to add my first Bluray ISO. It was "The Dark Knight". I already had that as a DVD ISO so I first deleted that title and all the files associated with it and then copied the Bluray and added it to Collection Management. I also added the bonus disc. After adding it I looked at the dune index share and noticed that there was no folder under all titles called "The Dark Knight". I tried making a minor change to the title like making it offline and then online to see if that would trigger it to be added, but no luck. I clicked the update button and let it update the entire index again, but it still didn't add the title. I did all this from my workstation upstairs so I logged into my database server downstairs and opened collection management on it. I had to setup the dune metadat settings and then I deleted my current dune index manually and clicked update from that machine. When I checked this morning it had completed, but the title still wasn't present in the index. I verified that it was showing up in Windows Media Center and it was with the correct media info indicating that it was a Bluray ISO.

Am I missing something? Are Bluray's stored in some other index or location on the dune? Is this just a matter of me not having the dune yet and when I get it I'll see the Bluray on it's interface somehow? I removed another DVD ISO this morning just to see if the automatic updating was working and the title was removed from the dune index immediately.
post #83 of 953 Old 11-12-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meoge View Post

I posted this on the My Movies forum, but thought I'd try it here also. I'm running My Movies 3.18

I'll start off by saying that I have a Dune HD Smart B1 on order, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've got a collection of about 480 DVD ISO images and having been using my movies to play them in Windows Media Center. My setup is a database server running in my basement with the server/client version of My Movies for Media Center and a workstation upstairs that has just the client version on it. I rip all my movies from the workstation upstairs to a UnRAID server in the basement. In preparation of my Dune arriving I checked the box for the Dune metadata and pointed the dune index to a file share on my database server downstairs and the movies location to my UnRaid server also downstairs. I clicked the update button and it created the index. Since I don't have my Dune yet I just looked at the share to verify that it had actually created the index. It had and when I later added a couple more DVD ISO's it automatically updated the index with those movies. Last night I decided to add my first Bluray ISO. It was "The Dark Knight". I already had that as a DVD ISO so I first deleted that title and all the files associated with it and then copied the Bluray and added it to Collection Management. I also added the bonus disc. After adding it I looked at the dune index share and noticed that there was no folder under all titles called "The Dark Knight". I tried making a minor change to the title like making it offline and then online to see if that would trigger it to be added, but no luck. I clicked the update button and let it update the entire index again, but it still didn't add the title. I did all this from my workstation upstairs so I logged into my database server downstairs and opened collection management on it. I had to setup the dune metadat settings and then I deleted my current dune index manually and clicked update from that machine. When I checked this morning it had completed, but the title still wasn't present in the index. I verified that it was showing up in Windows Media Center and it was with the correct media info indicating that it was a Bluray ISO.

Am I missing something? Are Bluray's stored in some other index or location on the dune? Is this just a matter of me not having the dune yet and when I get it I'll see the Bluray on it's interface somehow? I removed another DVD ISO this morning just to see if the automatic updating was working and the title was removed from the dune index immediately.

BluRays aren't stored in another location, your media (whether BluRay, DVD, mkv, etc...) are all stored in the same index. Best bet, I would just wait until you get the Dune so you can confirm exactly how the MyMovies Index was created.

Cheers,
Damian

post #84 of 953 Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Well I have been playing around with MyMovies and Zappito. MyMovies seems like it is easier to use and will work pretty good. At least I got it to go through all the movies on.

Now my only problem is to tie everything together between PC and external enclosure and the Dune..............that is the challenge Im still confused about.

So now when I hook the external enclosure back to the Dune I have a "MyMovies" folder in with all the movies. I open the folder and it has all the movie titles and pictures with all the info.
The problem is that when I click on the the picture it opens but says "No File" and the movie doesnt play.

How do I set this up the right way?
post #85 of 953 Old 11-21-2010, 12:40 PM

I posted this already on the My Movies forum as well.

I have a Dune H1 and Windows Home Server that is about 99 percent set up. I installed My Movies for WHS onto my HP 495 Media Smart Server and My Movies for Windows Media Center on my Windows 7 Laptop. I used Media Collection on my laptop to add titles via the import folder option and imported from my "videos" share on WHS. I had to fix some of the titles and data manually and pretty well understand what is going on there.

I set up the My Movies Meta Data tab on WHS console where it prompts you to configure HDI Dune. I pretty much understand that the "Store on Share:" is telling where you want the index to go and the "path configuration" is how the index will direct the dune to the find the movies from the index. I have it going to the the "videos" share. I pressed update and after maybe 20 minutes it was done and my movies folders now have meta data information and it created a folder called "My Movies" in my "Videos" folder share.

I can't figure out how to get the Dune to show the "My Movies" icon on the Dune home page. I can browse the network browser to my videos share and find "My Movies" folder and when I open that the My Movies interface works (Titles, Alphabetical, categories etc). I created a network folder to my videos on the home page and that works too. But if I try to use the pop up menu on the "My Movies" from within my "videos" a message pops up that says "Failed to add shortcut to Main Screen". I also tried the pop up menu after clicking on "My Movies" where the my movies main screen show up and get the same "Failed to add shortcut to Main Screen".

I am obviously not the most tech savvy guy out there. (My wife just fixed the typing problem I was having by showing me what the "Insert" key does )

Thanks.
post #86 of 953 Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyr1 View Post
I posted this already on the My Movies forum as well.

I have a Dune H1 and Windows Home Server that is about 99 percent set up. I installed My Movies for WHS onto my HP 495 Media Smart Server and My Movies for Windows Media Center on my Windows 7 Laptop. I used Media Collection on my laptop to add titles via the import folder option and imported from my "videos" share on WHS. I had to fix some of the titles and data manually and pretty well understand what is going on there.

I set up the My Movies Meta Data tab on WHS console where it prompts you to configure HDI Dune. I pretty much understand that the "Store on Share:" is telling where you want the index to go and the "path configuration" is how the index will direct the dune to the find the movies from the index. I have it going to the the "videos" share. I pressed update and after maybe 20 minutes it was done and my movies folders now have meta data information and it created a folder called "My Movies" in my "Videos" folder share.

I can't figure out how to get the Dune to show the "My Movies" icon on the Dune home page. I can browse the network browser to my videos share and find "My Movies" folder and when I open that the My Movies interface works (Titles, Alphabetical, categories etc). I created a network folder to my videos on the home page and that works too. But if I try to use the pop up menu on the "My Movies" from within my "videos" a message pops up that says "Failed to add shortcut to Main Screen". I also tried the pop up menu after clicking on "My Movies" where the my movies main screen show up and get the same "Failed to add shortcut to Main Screen".

I am obviously not the most tech savvy guy out there. (My wife just fixed the typing problem I was having by showing me what the "Insert" key does )

Thanks.
Did you add/initialize system storage? You need this for the shortcut to work

Cheers,
Damian

post #87 of 953 Old 11-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:

Did you add/initialize system storage? You need this for the shortcut to work

Hello Damian,
I am not sure exactly. I think you are asking if I have added a hard drive or a thumb drive. When I posted my problem the answer was no. I thought the way I had the index being built in the videos folder on WHS would allow this thing to work without a hard drive or thumb drive on the Dune.

Since my original post, I have been playing with the configuration and I thought I would try something. I put a 8GB card in the SD slot on the front of the Dune. It showed up on the Dune home page as "Memory Card". I clicked info on the Memory Card and one of the options was to format so I tried that. Now that card is a EXT2 with a Volume Label "DuneHDD". That did not add the thing to system storage. I checked under setup and then to information on the dune and the last line is "system storage: Not attached". I have not figured out how to add the SD card as system storage.

Am I getting closer?

Thanks for the help.
post #88 of 953 Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hello Damian,
I am not sure exactly. I think you are asking if I have added a hard drive or a thumb drive. When I posted my problem the answer was no. I thought the way I had the index being built in the videos folder on WHS would allow this thing to work without a hard drive or thumb drive on the Dune.

Since my original post, I have been playing with the configuration and I thought I would try something. I put a 8GB card in the SD slot on the front of the Dune. It showed up on the Dune home page as "Memory Card". I clicked info on the Memory Card and one of the options was to format so I tried that. Now that card is a EXT2 with a Volume Label "DuneHDD". That did not add the thing to system storage. I checked under setup and then to information on the dune and the last line is "system storage: Not attached". I have not figured out how to add the SD card as system storage.

Am I getting closer?

Thanks for the help.

Here is something I put together regarding setting up system storage:

Quote:

6. Accessing on the Dune:

You are going to want to add a Zappiti shortcut to your Dune Main Menu to easily access the Zappiti jukebox (to create a shortcut you must be using Dune firmware 100706_1032_beta). To do this you will need to have system storage set up on your Dune. The easiest way to do this is to attach a USB Thumb drive to your Dune (keep in mind the thumb drive must remain connected to the Dune, so make sure you use a thumb drive that you will not need elsewhere). Download the System Storage Utilities from here and copy over to a shared folder that you can access on the Dune. With the USB thumb drive connected to the Dune, navigate to the System Storage Utilities files via the Dune and execute the dune_service_init_system_storage.dsf file. Once done you should now have system storage set up.

To create the shortcut, navigate to the folder where you exported your Zappiti jukebox to from the Dune in the file browser, press MENU, choose Add to main screen in the popup menu. You should now have Zappiti as a shortcut on your Main Menu.

Also, start reading CDLerners posts starting here, he mentioned having to run an init file as well:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post19492956

Cheers,
Damian

post #89 of 953 Old 11-21-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Here is something I put together regarding setting up system storage:

Also, start reading CDLerners posts starting here, he mentioned having to run an init file as well:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post19492956

That did it. It works like a charm. I have to admit that I read CDLerners post within the last few days but it did not sink in. I was focusing on posts about My Movies not realizing that My Movies and Zappatti work the same way and require such similar setups. Did I mention I am not so tech savvy?

BTW, I really like the Dune with the WHS setup. I have high hopes for the My Movies interface. It already has a much higher WAF than my Popcorn Hour A-110.

Thanks for your help and all the guides you write over at MediaSmartServer. Without the info you and many others put out guys like me would never try.
post #90 of 953 Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That did it. It works like a charm. I have to admit that I read CDLerners post within the last few days but it did not sink in. I was focusing on posts about My Movies not realizing that My Movies and Zappatti work the same way and require such similar setups. Did I mention I am not so tech savvy?

BTW, I really like the Dune with the WHS setup. I have high hopes for the My Movies interface. It already has a much higher WAF than my Popcorn Hour A-110.

Thanks for your help and all the guides you write over at MediaSmartServer. Without the info you and many others put out guys like me would never try.

Great to hear everything is working. WHS + Dune has been rock solid for me so far. Now stop tinkering and go enjoy some movies

Cheers,
Damian

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page