Originally Posted by Mr Eric
Mymovies is free but with some paying options. The only one you need would be to have the fanart for dune which cost 500 points for 720p and 1200 for 1080p. You can buy points or receive points when contributing data to their movie database (check their website to know more about that).
FYI I would only recommend MM if you want to use the iPad app, the dune Ui is similar to zappiti (yadis is much better IMO) but with some missing functionalities in the tv series part (no access to tv series, it's mixed with movies) as well as a very ugly default look and feel (you can tweak it bu it's a bit complicated).
What are you problems with yadis/zappiti ? I think you should try to solve it.
But of course you can still test MM, even without the fanarts, just to give you an idea.
Thanks for the detailed response; I appreciate it.
Not having fanart would be a buzzkill, so I'm not sure about that - also the tv series being mixed in with the movies. Quite honestly my interest in MyMovies has only been sparked by a recent turn of events with Zappiti/yaDIS on my Dune and my inability to solve them. I was actually quite happy with either.
This may be outside the bounds of this particular thread but let me give you the info on my issues, and perhaps you can help (we'll need to possibly take it out of this thread).
I've had this since the day I bought my Dune Smart D1 a couple years ago. I have PC which holds all the media (MKV, M2TS, BD ISO, DVD ISO, Movies & TV Shows). Dune is networked with the PC and streams media off of it. Everything had been running smooth flawlessly. Then one day, I updated Zappiti to the latest version - got the License and everything in place -- and something bizarre started happening after that. Zappiti will play some videos but not all!! Nothing happens when you click on the detail page for those videos it choose not to play. I have not been able to determine any pattern whatsoever for this. These are videos that Zappiti USED to play just fine before the updates. Dune Smart D1 via it's Network Browser still plays these videos. And these are videos in the SAME folder as other videos Zappiti continues to play. Same extensions, same codecs, same everything -- but just RANDOMLY, Zappiti will play some movies and not others. It's truly baffling!! I have no idea how to resolve this. I have tried uninstalling Zappiti completely - Index, Program and all. But the issue persists.
There's a couple of issues. It won't play any of my BD ISO's. It plays all videos just fine except my BD ISO's. Nothing happens when I try to play a BD ISO. Secondly, there's some image files or text files that appear right where the movies or tv shows do -- I have never been able to get rid of them. My only other complaint is with TV Series -- when scraping and all, I don't have any way of going into the Seasons and seeing individual episodes to configure. They shpow up fine on Dune, but I can't see any way of configuring them in the Editor in the software.
Personally I still prefer Zappiti --- if only I could get it to play all the videos again like it used to. I just don't know what's wrong.