*Official* MyMovies For Dune Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 953 Old 11-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had problems with MM on my Dune i got last night. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I had this posted in the general Dune area, but it appears to be more MM than dune.

I think the issue is a MM problem. There are multiple MM problems I am experiencing though.
1) not all titles all show up. I cannot figure out why certain ones do and others don't. problem posted on MM and no help yet. There seems to be other people experiencing this as well on there. I do have a few more than the "few" they are referencing. Not sure if it has to do with lots of my movies being both DVD and BD both of which are copied into ISO files. (in different folders of course.)

2) Not all BD play. I wasn't sure if it was a MM problem or not. If I navigate directly to the file through the network browser I can play the movie. Some of my BD play through MM, but most do not.

3) I renamed 2 folders (Toy Story 2) while looking at the BD playback issue and now I get a SMB error. I could not figure out how to fix this. I have updated the MM meta data index a few times and i keep getting the error. I had a Toy Story 2 folder that had a DVD Iso. and I had a Toy Story 2 BD folder that had a BD Iso. I renamed them to Toy Story 2 DVD for the DVD and Toy Story 2 for the BD. thinking that it might be folder naming issue... NO luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 953 Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundogg View Post

1) not all titles all show up. I cannot figure out why certain ones do and others don't. problem posted on MM and no help yet. There seems to be other people experiencing this as well on there. I do have a few more than the "few" they are referencing. Not sure if it has to do with lots of my movies being both DVD and BD both of which are copied into ISO files. (in different folders of course.)

I replied to your post on the MM forum. I'm having this problem with more than 1 movie, but I'll have to really take a close look to see exactly what all movies I'm missing from the index. All my movies are ISO (either Blu-ray or DVD).

I don't have my dune yet so I can't say if any of my Blu-ray ISO's don't play. I hope I don't regret this purchase. The dune player seems like a solid unit, but between these MM problems and the supposed DVD ISO audio problem with the latest firmware I'm a little worried.
post #93 of 953 Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM

I just went through my catalog. I have it on 3 movies. It sure seemed like more. mine are:
300 (single BD)
Iron Man 2 (3 disc pack. DVD Iso, BD Iso, and extras)
Toy Story (2 disc ack. DVD Iso and BD Iso)

apparently occurs with BD. All my DVD only are there. some are folders and some are DVD ISO.
post #94 of 953 Old 11-23-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

I just went through my catalog. I have it on 3 movies. It sure seemed like more. mine are:
300 (single BD)
Iron Man 2 (3 disc pack. DVD Iso, BD Iso, and extras)
Toy Story (2 disc ack. DVD Iso and BD Iso)

apparently occurs with BD. All my DVD only are there. some are folders and some are DVD ISO.

This is purely a guess here, what if for example in MM Iron Man 2 is being registered as a DVD Iso even though you are pointing it to a BR Iso?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #95 of 953 Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM

damian
It could, but I dont think that is the problem. I have solved two of the problems so far tonight. Well, I solved 1 for sure and working on problem 2.

the smb share was an error on me. somehow I changed my path from server1 to a mapped V drive I use for ripping videos. so it was a virtual path instead of the absolut. this was done at the disc selection area in MM. all good there now.

the second was for 5 BD that would not play whether I navigated to them or used MM on the Dune. I looked at the folder and I see there is a "video_ts" folder in there... one of the ripping programs i used to use put it there i think. I am pretty sure i used to use any dvd to rip my Iso files for BD.

I am having a problem with getting MM to pick up those three titles though. any ideas? I will try erasing either the DVD or the BD Iso and see what happens with iron man 2, but 300 has only the BD... so I think it is a different issue.

here are 2 differences. toy story is not being picked up, but toy story 2 works perfectly...
LL
LL
post #96 of 953 Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 PM

I just looked through my entire collection (~500 movies) and only 3 movies aren't included in the Dune index:
Star Trek - Blu-ray ISO 2 disc
The Dark Knight - Blu-ray ISO 2 disc

The structure of my 2 disc movies are

\\\\server\\Movies\\Star Trek\\Star Trek - [Disc1]\\Star Trek - [Disc1].iso
\\\\server\\Movies\\Star Trek\\Star Trek - [Disc2]\\Star Trek - [Disc2].iso

So it's only Blu-ray's and of course all my movies are ISO's.

tivomad had this to say on the MM Forum about my problem when I first posted it.
"There is a bug in 3.18. The software looks at the media to determine how many audio tracks and what types are in there. It then tries to merge the information with the Metadata downloaded but due to a bug, it fails. (It will fail if there are a different number of audio tracks in the two sources). If you turn on debug via the help menu and do it again, then check the log, you will probably see an exception being thrown saying an argument is out of range. I've been in contact with Brian about this and he is aware of it. I believe it is fixed in the next version but it is frustrating !"

We need Brian to confirm if this is a known bug.
post #97 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
damian
It could, but I dont think that is the problem. I have solved two of the problems so far tonight. Well, I solved 1 for sure and working on problem 2.

the smb share was an error on me. somehow I changed my path from server1 to a mapped V drive I use for ripping videos. so it was a virtual path instead of the absolut. this was done at the disc selection area in MM. all good there now.

the second was for 5 BD that would not play whether I navigated to them or used MM on the Dune. I looked at the folder and I see there is a "video_ts" folder in there... one of the ripping programs i used to use put it there i think. I am pretty sure i used to use any dvd to rip my Iso files for BD.

I am having a problem with getting MM to pick up those three titles though. any ideas? I will try erasing either the DVD or the BD Iso and see what happens with iron man 2, but 300 has only the BD... so I think it is a different issue.

here are 2 differences. toy story is not being picked up, but toy story 2 works perfectly...
Maybe the undescore (_) in the Toy Story file name is causing the issue?

Cheers,
Damian

post #98 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I just added about 25 movies to MyMovies and I have also noticed that some titles are added to the CM but do not get added to the Dune Index folder. I finally got them to show up by simply adding an additional period "." to the end of the description and then hitting the Save Button. Out of 25 added titles I was missing 5.

I also always keep the "All Titles" folder open on my PC (the one with MyMovies) while updating to make sure they get added. There should ALWAYS be 1 more files than titles since there are 1 non-movie files in there (3 extra if you have invisible files viewable in the folder options). If you have 200 movies in your CM then you should have 201 total files in that "All Titles" folder (again, 203 if you have invisible files turned on).
post #99 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 06:34 AM

damian
I will try to take it out and re run. I have everything working except for these few titles. After i fixed one prolem with avatar it ended up getting skipped as well. so, out of 250 movies I am missing 4.
Toy Story
Iron Man 2
post #100 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 06:38 AM

damian
took out the underscore... still didnt work. worth a try though.

thanks
post #101 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

damian
took out the underscore... still didnt work. worth a try though.

thanks

With Avatar you have the movie in the Video_TS folder, correct (from your screenshot I can't tell if you have the movie outside of that folder).

Based on what KillRoy posted it does appear there is a bug with MM skipping files for some reason

Cheers,
Damian

post #102 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Also, if you titles that have identical titles in the CM then you will only see one on the Dune export. Even different formats with the same name will only show the first one.

Example:

Assault on Precinct 13

If you have both the 1976 & the 2005 versions then you will only see one. To fix it you will need to add the year to the name fields in the CM.

Example:

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)
Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)

Also if you have the DVD & Blu-ray version of the same movie it seems that the Dune export will also only show the first one entered. Again, the fix seems to be to add (DVD) & (Blu-ray) to the name fields in CM and make sure you hit the "Save Title" button when done editing.
post #103 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 07:15 AM

That seems like the wrong way to do it, but in my case all 3 of my titles are the only version I have of them. When I buy a Blu-ray with a DVD copy I only rip the Blu-ray.
post #104 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meoge View Post

That seems like the wrong way to do it, but in my case all 3 of my titles are the only version I have of them. When I buy a Blu-ray with a DVD copy I only rip the Blu-ray.

This is a limitation with the Dune, not MyMovies. Since MyMovies stores the information for each title in a folder with the movie name you CANNOT have two movies with the exact same name since there is no way to have two folders with the exact same name.

Zappiti on the other hand stores the information with unique names that can allow multiple exact names since the file itself will have different names.
post #105 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 AM

killroy
I used to only rip the bluray and when MM began supporting multi disk I added the DVD. So my titles either have nothing after them, BD, or DVD. depending on when i ripped them and what i had first. 300 I only have the BD and the simplest name (300) and it is not showing up. I only have one title of each added to MM though. The titles with multi disks are handled by MM. It has to be a bug in MM, but i dont think it has been confirmed by brian yet.
post #106 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did you try adding an additional period to the description filed and then hitting the "Save Tittle" button? This will force MM to edit the entry on the Dune and create a folder if it was not created.
post #107 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM

I just tried adding a period to Avatar and The Dark Knight. It still didn't add them the index. I've tried deleting them and adding them back. The only thing that would force it to show up in the index is if I added it as Offline. It would show up but it would not play since there is no path information. It has to be doing some kind of check on the actual movie file that's causing the problem.
post #108 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM

unfortunatley, i was not able to try that before i left for work this morning. I will work on it again tonight or see if i can log in remotely a little later.
post #109 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It has to be doing some kind of check on the actual movie file that's causing the problem.

A little OT but... another reason why I think ISO's are EVIL!!!! Give me a MKV any day for trouble-free life. lol
post #110 of 953 Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM

been working this a little more this afternoon. Meoge, i can duplicate what you were saying about telling MM that the BD is offline and then the folder is created just fine. I guess that at least gives me the ability to watch the DVD Iso file for now. Hopefully Brian has a fix in mind. What application did you use to back up your BD? I had anydvd run and used MM. I have everything in full ISO files.

may seem like a silly question, is there a way to have all titles sorted by title NOT INCLUDING the word THE? I know MM ignores it in media center. The dune files are sorted in a very annoying manner.
post #111 of 953 Old 11-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:

I just tried adding a period to Avatar and The Dark Knight. It still didn't add them the index. I've tried deleting them and adding them back. The only thing that would force it to show up in the index is if I added it as Offline. It would show up but it would not play since there is no path information. It has to be doing some kind of check on the actual movie file that's causing the problem.

Here's a temporary work-around until Brian releases a fix [this worked for me with Dark Knight and Avatar].

1. Delete the movie from MyMovies.
2. Rename your iso [ie, "ren Avatar.iso Avatar-temp.iso"]
3. Create an empty file [ie, "notepad Avatar.iso"].
4. Add the movie to MyMovies, point it to Avatar.iso. Save title.
5. Delete the empty file, rename the old file back. [ie, "del Avatar.iso; ren Avatar-temp.iso Avatar.iso"]
post #112 of 953 Old 11-27-2010, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

may seem like a silly question, is there a way to have all titles sorted by title NOT INCLUDING the word THE? I know MM ignores it in media center. The dune files are sorted in a very annoying manner.

I manually change the "Local Title" field to move The to the end (such as "Godfather, The").

I think I also had to then edit the movie details template so it displayed only the Original Title and not the Local Title.
post #113 of 953 Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Liked: 11
OK, I finally have time to try to get MM working with my Dune D1.

Unfortunately, I am getting hung up pretty early in the process.

I have MM Collection Management on my PC. The PC is hardwire networked to a WHS. I followed the setup steps in the "My Movies for HDI Dune" page here.

I get all the way to the end where I do an Update of the index file onto the WHS. The little progress window pops up, but nothing happens, either in the Current Progress or Overall Progress bar. It just sits there. Windows Task manager shows MM running, so it hasn't crashed, but it doesn't do anything either, at least that I can see. I have left it running over 24 hours with no change.

I also tried a Clean, followed by an Update (even though this is an initial install), but that had the same effect. I also tried both 3.18 and 3.19 PR3. As I write this, I am thinking I can check permissions on the WHS to make I am trying to send the index to the right folder, but any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Oh, Brian, if you read this, you might consider putting in a way to abort the Update. To stop the Update, I had to use Task Manager to kill MM entirely.
post #114 of 953 Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQCjXQfxhhY

I know the above is for MCE, but Brian just added total MCE remote control for MyMovies (iPad). I can't wait for the Dunes to get IP control so we may see something like this too.
post #115 of 953 Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

One nice thing about Mymovies is the iPhone App (I think the iPad app is coming out soon). You can view your entire video library remotely (not actually watch but see your library). There are also some other neat features such as the ability to watch trailers (not only for the movies in your collection but all for movies in theaters)

Will this have the ability to start movies playing on the dune as it does for WMC?

Update: I know the Dune has IP control for control4 users. I hope it's just a matter of time before the mymovies ipad program can IP control it.
post #116 of 953 Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchannan View Post

Will this have the ability to start movies playing on the dune as it does for WMC?

Update: I know the Dune has IP control for control4 users. I hope it's just a matter of time before the mymovies ipad program can IP control it.

Brian has said that he is working on it but it is not as easy as WMC since the app will need to know the exact location of your file(s) unlike WMC that actually communicates with the MyMovies server and gets the needed information.
post #117 of 953 Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 AM

Hello All,

I'm in the process of cataloging my collection which is huge, 4.5TB and I've tried various programs to include All My Movies and Movinizer, so far like My Movies. I'm using a HP Smartmedia with My Movies WHS installed and Collection Manager on my laptop to make changes. I then use a HDI Dune Base 3.0 as my source feeding a JVC DLA-RS2. I'm pretty happy with the progress of the cataloging and haven't had any real issues with My Movie V3.18.

Just wondering if there are any templates out there for My Movie that support the Dune Players. I've search Googles and the My Movie forum and come up with nothing. I want something which would allow me to change the case cover of my movies to reflect Bluray vs Standard Def movies.

Thank

Andre
post #118 of 953 Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraza View Post

Just wondering if there are any templates out there for My Movie that support the Dune Players. I've search Googles and the My Movie forum and come up with nothing. I want something which would allow me to change the case cover of my movies to reflect Bluray vs Standard Def movies.

Thank

Andre

MyMovies already does that by default.

See image files in this directory:

C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\My Movies\\FileStorage\\User Customization\\Meta Data\\Dune Templates\\My Movies Default

There are a bunch of DVD* and Selected-DVD* files, and a set of BluRay* and Selected-BluRay* files. These are the images that get composited with the cover art to make the icons.

The difference in appearance is rather subtle, though.
post #119 of 953 Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

MyMovies scales down the cover art to make the menu icons. Problem is, it uses a primitive scaling algorithm that results in ugly visual artifacts.

I'd like to see MyMovies use a more sophisticated scaling algorithm.

The attached pic shows MyMovies scaling on the left column, and for comparison, the same covers scaled to approximately the same size using Photoshop. Note especially the difference in fine text.

post #120 of 953 Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

I'd like to see MyMovies use a more sophisticated scaling algorithm.

It should by default be using a bicubic - I will see if it makes a difference to use a higher quality bicubic scaling.

My Movies - Movie Indexing application for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android: http://www.mymovies.dk
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page