post #181 of 953 Old 03-25-2011, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

I already asked him the same question on the MyMovies forum so we are waiting for a response from Brian.

Definitely report back what you hear. When I get home from work I will update the App on my iPad.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You may need to create an export package from collection manager, then use iTunes to transfer that package to your iPad.

When you do the export, it will give you detailed instructions for the iTunes import...
post #183 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcthedj View Post

You may need to create an export package from collection manager, then use iTunes to transfer that package to your iPad.

When you do the export, it will give you detailed instructions for the iTunes import...

When I try to export My Movies for iPad from Collection Management I get an error that states "There was a problem during the export of your database to the device." It works fine if I choose iPhone, but not iPad.
post #184 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 10:27 AM

I am getting the same thing with 3.19 PR4. What version are you using?

It did the export last night fine with PR1, but when importing into iTunes it said I was using an older version and needed to update.

Still trying to figure it out...
post #185 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 10:37 AM

Just noticed today that the 3.19 is now final, going to install it and see if that helps the export issue...
post #186 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Hi all,

It is my fault that this is not working for you, the release came quicker through review than normally, and the My Movies for Windows Media Center to go with it was just awaiting the last tests.

I just got home from Italy, where the hotel internet gave me some problems causing me to not have the 3.19 version released. This have been made available on our website now.

The functionality requires either 3.19 final version, or one of the 4.00 Pre Releases.

Having installed this version, in the Collection Management program go to "Configure Online and Mobile Collection". In this dialog, the checkboxes for store locations and store paths must be enabled - this way the information for the Dune's is synchronized over the servers as needed.

Having done that, use "Synchronize Online and Mobile Collection" to upload updated data to the online servers - notice that the Dune meta-data storage option must be enabled for the information to be synchronized.

The reason for these steps to be needed is that "My Movies for iPad" and the other mobile applications synchronize over the servers - for the Dune playback to work, all the path informations (locations, path configuration) need to be available - we are not synchronizing these things by default without specific acceptance.

These informations is not needed for the Windows Media Center integration, as this contacts an active server on the host, which can actively read the path information locally when needed - the Dune needs the information sent to the playback call directly.

I will be updating the Help & Support section on the device with these details.

Best regards,

Brian

My Movies - Movie Indexing application for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android: http://www.mymovies.dk
post #187 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM

Brian,

Installed 3.19 final, enabled check boxes under online configuration, uploaded to server, synced my movies for iPad 1.5 to online collection.

Now I'm getting a "'media_url' parameter value 'Disk 1' is invalid: qualified URL is expected" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin
post #188 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM

Kevin: Can you send your username to support@mymovies.dk as well as the barcode of the title?

Then I will check if something is wrong with the path generation.

My Movies - Movie Indexing application for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android: http://www.mymovies.dk
post #189 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 02:19 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Brian,

Installed 3.19 final, enabled check boxes under online configuration, uploaded to server, synced my movies for iPad 1.5 to online collection.

Now I'm getting a "'media_url' parameter value 'Disk 1' is invalid: qualified URL is expected" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Same error here (all movies).......
post #190 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM

Brian is working on it...
post #191 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderv6 View Post

Same error here (all movies).......

Ditto. This feature will be great once it works properly.
post #192 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM

It's great to see this level of support for mymovies though. Brian really does not have to comb this forum when they have their own forums. Thumbs up from me!

Windows media center remote in the mymovies iPad app is awesome by the way. I just wish I can control my receiver volume from the same app somehow.
post #193 of 953 Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcorso View Post

It's great to see this level of support for mymovies though. Brian really does not have to comb this forum when they have their own forums. Thumbs up from me!

Agree 100%. I am a big fan of My Movies.
post #194 of 953 Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:

We have went through this today, and it unfortunately is an issue in the iPad release added during a change late in the process.

This means that we will have to release an update for this.

The software simply sends the disc name parameter instead of the disc path.

It typically takes a week for an update to go throgh - I am sorry for the trouble this gives.

post #195 of 953 Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 AM

No problem Brian. Looking forward to this great feature!

Thanks,
Kevin
post #196 of 953 Old 03-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup View Post

We have went through this today, and it unfortunately is an issue in the iPad release added during a change late in the process.

This means that we will have to release an update for this.

The software simply sends the disc name parameter instead of the disc path.

It typically takes a week for an update to go throgh - I am sorry for the trouble this gives.

Looking forward to it. Thank you!
post #197 of 953 Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Liked: 11
any news?
post #198 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM

Hi all
I have read through this and cannot seem to find the answer.
I have configured MM with my Dune D1 and al seems great. My question (and I am sure there will be more) is how do I get the MM folder on the home page of the dune with the Setup icon, etc? Presently, I have to go into my USB storage index and navigate from there.
Is this possible?

Thanks
post #199 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by myraid View Post

Hi all
I have read through this and cannot seem to find the answer.
I have configured MM with my Dune D1 and al seems great. My question (and I am sure there will be more) is how do I get the MM folder on the home page of the dune with the Setup icon, etc? Presently, I have to go into my USB storage index and navigate from there.
Is this possible?

Thanks

First, make sure you have System Storage set up.

Navigate to your MM index, click Menu (or something like that?), select "Create Shortcut".

You need a recent (roughly 6 months old or newer) firmware for this shortcut feature.
post #200 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

First, make sure you have System Storage set up.

Navigate to your MM index, click Menu (or something like that?), select "Create Shortcut".

You need a recent (roughly 6 months old or newer) firmware for this shortcut feature.

Thanks, but when I try to add to main screen, it says failed to add shortcut.
I have my index on a USB stick and it is formatted using fat32. If I try to initialize it any other way, it cannot recognize it.
post #201 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, but when I try to add to main screen, it says failed to add shortcut.
I have my index on a USB stick and it is formatted using fat32. If I try to initialize it any other way, it cannot recognize it.

Sounds like you do not have System Storage initialized.

Do you use this USB key for anything else besides storing the MM index?

How big is the USB key? (in GB?)

Do you intend to move the USB key back and forth to your PC? Or just leave it plugged into the Dune at all times?
post #202 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

Sounds like you do not have System Storage initialized.

Do you use this USB key for anything else besides storing the MM index?

How big is the USB key? (in GB?)

Do you intend to move the USB key back and forth to your PC? Or just leave it plugged into the Dune at all times?

Thanks Scott for the quick replies.
The USB will just be used in the Dune. The size is 8gb. I am just going to use it for the MM index and keep it connected.
post #203 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Scott for the quick replies.
The USB will just be used in the Dune. The size is 8gb. I am just going to use it for the MM index and keep it connected.

My recommendation: initialize the USB key on the Dune by running dune_service_af_make_sstorage_and_ext3_on_pen.dsf, which you can get from this zipfile (from this Russian forum).

Put that dsf file on the network somewhere (not on the USB key), navigate to it, and select it. It will repartition your USB key so it's 2GB system storage and 6GB for data. It will erase all data on the USB key.

Then you can update the MyMovies index on the data partition over SMB. Here you have two options:

1. Point MyMovies to the USB key directly using a network path. I believe this will create a "My Movies" directory. This means you'll have to click twice to get to the MM index. You can now create a shortcut as I described above to reduce this to one click.

2. Point MyMovies to a local disk on your PC, then copy/synchronize that index onto the USB key. This has several advantages: you can remove the unnecessary MyMovies directory layer; you don't need to create a shortcut anymore (just select the USB key and you're into the MM index); and if done right, it can speed up index updates.

I use option 2 myself (with an SSD instead of USB key, because browsing the index is significantly faster with an SSD) because I think it results in a better user experience. But it does require more labor and maintenance when updating the index. I'm working on automating this system to make it easier for more people to use.

And finally, do you know about the internal USB port in the D1? You will have to open the box (possibly voiding the warranty) but then you won't have this ugly/fragile USB key sticking out the back.
post #204 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Thanks so much Scott.
I did know about the internal USB slot. I just got the unit and set it up about 3 hours ago. I will definitely try option2 as well.
I will work through your recommendation and get back to you if I run into trouble.
post #205 of 953 Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Ok Scott. I tried option 1 just to see if it worked and I was able to create the shortcut without any issues. As I am still early in the burning process of my DVD and bluray collection, I don't find performance an issue. So far, I have copied 20 DVDs and blurays. I have about 250 in total. Will performance deteriorate as My collection grows?
As for option 2, how are you copying your local MM index to you Dune index? Manually?
Thanks again for your great support!
Shawn
post #206 of 953 Old 04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Updated MyMovies for iPad now works for launching movies with the Dune. It works for multiple Dunes and multiple discs if you have them set up that way in the CM.

I love this update!!!!
post #207 of 953 Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

you realize you have to post a video, right?

okay all joking aside, im dead serious!

post #208 of 953 Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Updated MyMovies for iPad now works for launching movies with the Dune. It works for multiple Dunes and multiple discs if you have them set up that way in the CM.

I love this update!!!!

Sweet, will definitely have to test out. So you don't have to navigate around on the Dune, just simply select the movie on the iPad and push it to the Dune to play, correct?

For me this will definitely be huge once TV shows appear

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #209 of 953 Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Make sure you re-synch your Online collection and then update the movies on the iPad app.

Then when you select a movie on the iPad you hit the play button at the top and you get an option to which player you want to play it in (if you have more than one player entered) and it will connect and start playing. If your movie has multiple discs it will give you an option of which to play and then it will play it.

Let me see if I can to a quick video.

Best thing is... you do not have to be in the MyMovies interface in the Dune screen to start Play. I started everything from the Home screen.
post #210 of 953 Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok Scott. I tried option 1 just to see if it worked and I was able to create the shortcut without any issues. As I am still early in the burning process of my DVD and bluray collection, I don't find performance an issue. So far, I have copied 20 DVDs and blurays. I have about 250 in total. Will performance deteriorate as My collection grows?
As for option 2, how are you copying your local MM index to you Dune index? Manually?
Thanks again for your great support!
Shawn

Yes, performance will deteriorate as your collection grows. But it's not terribly bad from a USB key. Loading the "All Titles" index and then scrolling down through there is where the difference really shows up. An SSD is roughly twice as fast as a USB key in my estimate, while browsing over NFS becomes unbearably sluggish, IMO, after you get to about 100 titles.

For synchronizing, I use rsync. This required quite a bit of hackery. I'm working on making it user-friendly enough for anyone to set up, but that's going to take me some time. In the mean time, you can synchronize over FTP using something like WinSCP's synchronize features, or for command-line try Weex or LFTP.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page