AVS Forum banner

*Official* MyMovies For Dune Thread

103K views 993 replies 91 participants last post by  hart2hart 
#1 ·
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/0

Please post any comments/questions regarding using MyMovies with any of the Dune players here.

Hehe, not sure we needed this but ok.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrin /forum/post/19364436

dbone does it really cost $30 a year ?

to bad they can't just incorporate Media browser it works fine in my htpc

No. MyMovies is free except if you want added features you either donate or contribute data.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy™ /forum/post/19364453

No. MyMovies is free except if you want added features you either donate or contribute data.

Don't you need points for backdrops though? I see on their site:

Online Backdrops 720P (500 points)

Online Backdrops 1080P (1000 points)

So in order to export the Dune index with backdrops I would assume you would need to pay at least 500 points? Or is this just saying you will get backdrops (maybe 480p) but if you want higher that is when you need points?

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19364478

So in order to export the Dune index with backdrops I would assume you would need to pay at least 500 points? Or is this just saying you will get backdrops (maybe 480p) but if you want higher that is when you need points?

Not sure backdrops applies to the Dune export. The options for backdrop size is in the MCE page so I think its a MCE feature. But we may want to ask Brian.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19364478

backdrops are the basic blue by default. At least with my test.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by farside847 /forum/post/19364555

backdrops are the basic blue by default. At least with my test.

Are you talking about movie detail pages or index pages?

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan9 /forum/post/19364765

I am running the latest pre-release and this is what mine looks like.

See the setup guide here:
http://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/writte...r%20HDI%20Dune

OK, so I assume you don't have any points, correct? If so then you do get the backdrops in the Dune without needing to purchase points.

#14 ·
OK, let me ask a basic setup question. I know this was asked over in the other thread, but the answers kept getting buried in all those pesky Dune questions. (
)

I would like to use MM in the following setup: A PC, WHS, and a Dune D1. I want to to manage my collection on the PC (which is not an HTPC), store the files on my WHS, and play the files either on the PC or on my TV through the Dune.

I have downloaded and installed MM for Windows Media Server on the PC and the MM WHS add-in. Is that right?

I am not sure how I get the two talking. I can't test this on the D1 yet since they have not arrived. I have looked on the MM website, but I am still confused. Have I at least got all the correct files?

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonB /forum/post/19365045

OK, let me ask a basic setup question. I know this was asked over in the other thread, but the answers kept getting buried in all those pesky Dune questions. (
)

I would like to use MM in the following setup: A PC, WHS, and a Dune D1. I want to to manage my collection on the PC (which is not an HTPC), store the files on my WHS, and play the files either on the PC or on my TV through the Dune.

I have downloaded and installed MM for Windows Media Server on the PC and the MM WHS add-in. Is that right?

I am not sure how I get the two talking. I can't test this on the D1 yet since they have not arrived. I have looked on the MM website, but I am still confused. Have I at least got all the correct files?

I was thinking of doing the same thing, dbone chimed in on this to help me, I don't think you need the WHS add-in if your just going to use the one PC. I think just the MyMovies for Windows Media Center will do the trick.

Personally, I'm not commited to using MyMovies yet so I just installed the Collection Manager on my desktop. If I decide to stick with MyMovies I may install the Windows media center version to give me a decent front end on my PC as well.

#16 ·
For you MyMovies veterans, I've got a couple of issues I can't seem to figure out as follows:

1) How can I remove an entire folder from my collection? I included a folder of about 100 blu-ray movie only ISOs and when I processed them automatically in MyMovies it identified all of them as DVD ISOs. I don't want to manually adjust each of them so I was hoping to remove the folder and re-add it. If this is possible, is it also possible to have MyMovies search for only blu-rays for anything in this folder? When I edit individual titles I can do this but can I set this for an entire folder?

2) I don't see any option for backgrounds, does anyone know where the option to enable this is located?

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19365113

For you MyMovies veterans, I've got a couple of issues I can't seem to figure out as follows:

1) How can I remove an entire folder from my collection? I included a folder of about 100 blu-ray movie only ISOs and when I processed them automatically in MyMovies it identified all of them as DVD ISOs. I don't want to manually adjust each of them so I was hoping to remove the folder and re-add it. If this is possible, is it also possible to have MyMovies search for only blu-rays for anything in this folder? When I edit individual titles I can do this but can I set this for an entire folder?

2) I don't see any option for backgrounds, does anyone know where the option to enable this is located?

1. In Collection Management under Tools -> Options -> Folder Monitoring you should be able to remove the folder in question. Hopefully then MyMovies should remove those movies, and t hen once removed you can re add.

2.At least for WMC, in Collection Management under Tools -> Options -> Media Center Interface if you scroll down towards the bottom there is an option for backdrops

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonB /forum/post/19365045

)

You don't need the WHS add in unless you plan on ripping directly to your WHS (MyMovies on your WHS can help automate this) or is if you plan on running MyMovies on several HTPCs (so you would get a central database for all your HTPCs to access)

#19 ·
One nice thing about Mymovies is the iPhone App (I think the iPad app is coming out soon). You can view your entire video library remotely (not actually watch but see your library). There are also some other neat features such as the ability to watch trailers (not only for the movies in your collection but all for movies in theaters)

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19365196

You don't need the WHS add in unless you plan on ripping directly to your WHS (MyMovies on your WHS can help automate this) or is if you plan on running MyMovies on several HTPCs (so you would get a central database for all your HTPCs to access)

OK, thanks Damian and EVT. That's a start.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19365182

1. In Collection Management under Tools -> Options -> Folder Monitoring you should be able to remove the folder in question. Hopefully then MyMovies should remove those movies, and t hen once removed you can re add.

2.At least for WMC, in Collection Management under Tools -> Options -> Media Center Interface if you scroll down towards the bottom there is an option for backdrops

Thanks dbone.

BTW, is there any option so that MyMovies generates categories by actor or director (similar to yaDIS)?

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19365410

Thanks dbone.

BTW, is there any option so that MyMovies generates categories by actor or director (similar to yaDIS)?

Not positive, I am in the process of removing a drive from my WHS, so I lost all access to my shared videos for the next few hours. Once I get back online I will try to confirm

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy /forum/post/19364516

Not sure backdrops applies to the Dune export. The options for backdrop size is in the MCE page so I think its a MCE feature. But we may want to ask Brian.

Backdrops is automatically added in 720P if user have 500 points, and 1080P if user has 1000 points.

Backdrops is not added if a user does not have any points.

This goes for the Dune as well.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/19365410

As of 3.18 PR4, there is an option in the template to have a "Top Actors" entry in the index, but it is not enabled by default, which means the default template must be edited for it.

There is not an entry for directors.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19365207

I think the iPad app is coming out soon

The iPad app is being sent to Apple for review at the end of this week. We are currently finishing the last addition before it's done, which is the option to play titles on Windows Media Center directly from the app.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnerup /forum/post/19365633

As of 3.18 PR4, there is an option in the template to have a "Top Actors" entry in the index, but it is not enabled by default, which means the default template must be edited for it.

There is not an entry for directors.

Will you have a guide soon on how to enable these features from the template?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.