Diamond HD Media Wonder MP1000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tried the Diamond HD Media Wonder MP1000 media player? I saw it on sale last month at Futureshop for about $120. It looks intriguing; It seems to be able to do everything the WD TV HD Live can do, as well as playing FLV files. That is something I have wished my WD could do since there are videos on a website for a local TV channel that my kid likes to watch, which are FLV files.

I want to know if it's as capable and/or better than the WD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eday_2010 View Post

Has anyone tried the Diamond HD Media Wonder MP1000 media player? I haw it on sale last month at Futureshop for about $120. It looks intriguing; It seems to be able to do everything the WD TV HD Live can do, as well as playing FLV files. That is something I have wished my WD could do since there are videos on a website for a local TV channel that my kid likes to watch, which are FLV files.

I want to know if it's as capable and/or better than the WD.

I am also looking at this unit. There's no mention of it on this site. Newegg has 3 user reviews as well as Amazon and that's about it. The reviews seem pretty good. Fry's is having a $25 rebate on this to make it $69AR. I just bought the Briteview 6000P for a friend to use but she complains that it locks up, stutter, cant FF, Rewind from the attached USB drive. So I'm sending it back and getting this one.
post #3 of 19 Old 12-09-2010, 01:50 PM

looks the same with acryan.
Probably the same realtek 1073 chipset.
I trust acryan better for future support.
post #4 of 19 Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Yes, This one appears to be the same as the ACRyan Mini. I bought this one last night and I'm happy with it so far. I also have the ACRyan PlayonHD and the WDTV Live. I really like this Diamond much over the WDTV Live and for the price I got it for from Frys $69 AR, it's a steal. System info shows Realtek Chipset 1073DD. The best part I like about this product as well as the ACRyan is the 10 second skip buttons. I've been looking for this functionality on other media players and haven't seen elsewhere other than these two players.

I've found a review for this Diamond MP1000 Here: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1385/4/
post #5 of 19 Old 12-11-2010, 02:00 PM

I bought the MP1000 online from Amazon.com for $109.95 plus taxes and shipping. I use it over an ethernet LAN from a Vista and a Win7 machine to a Yamaha receiver. It relays music, photo and video files as advertised and the remote has lots of functionality. The user interface is very plain compared to something like the PS3, but it is fully functional.
However I am looking for guidance on an apparent restriction on file size transmitted limited to 2047 MB. For example, a 5 GB movie file on the computer only reveals 2.047 GB on the MP1000, playing only 40% of the movie time.

I don't know if the restriction is at the MP1000 end or at some setting on my file sharing attributes at the computer. Any ideas?

So....performance is still to be determined as either excellent or near useless.
post #6 of 19 Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 AM

I fixed it! The instruction clearly says "update firmware first". I thought I did that. However the instruction did not say that the update takes 2 or 3 minutes. I obviously terminated the process before completion. When I did it properly (by waiting) it corrected the file size problem, and probably did other good things.
Now I can say the Diamond HD Media Wonder MP1000 works as advertised and as I expected.
post #7 of 19 Old 01-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can anyone post or link to images/video of the media library on this. I have always used XBMC on a home built HTPC but I am trying to find a cheap very easy to use option for my parents. This seems like it would do the trick, but being used to a very nice media library view with lots of information that is highly customizable I would like to see what this looks like and all the reviews seem to skip over that part completely.
post #8 of 19 Old 01-22-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignam View Post

Can anyone post or link to images/video of the media library on this. I have always used XBMC on a home built HTPC but I am trying to find a cheap very easy to use option for my parents. This seems like it would do the trick, but being used to a very nice media library view with lots of information that is highly customizable I would like to see what this looks like and all the reviews seem to skip over that part completely.

I am looking for this info too. I want to use this in the kids rooms to access mymovies library on my whs. I want something very basic and inexpensive and this seems like it. I just want to see what the interface viewing movie folders looks like.
post #9 of 19 Old 01-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

I think Diamond and ACRyan oem that media player from the same factory (Correct me if I'm wrong) - if you can flash it with ACRyan's firmware it would be GOLD!

Cheers!

Cameron
post #10 of 19 Old 01-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

if you can flash it with ACRyan's firmware it would be GOLD!

No, you can't. Attempt will render this device useless.
post #11 of 19 Old 01-22-2011, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Is this comparable to an Apple TV? Noob when it comes to these new devices.

post #12 of 19 Old 01-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So no one has one of these they could use to provide this info? Anyone know if any of these boxes in the sub $100 range have strong library abilities. Essentially looking for one that could do something with the nfo files I have for my library that I use xbmc on a custom build htpc with. Unfortunately it seems like most have a pretty basic file tree, and at best can pull a single image from imdb or such, but I guess you get what you pay for.
post #13 of 19 Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

I decided to try MP1000 with Airlink 101 just because I have both. It's a perfect match: wireless connection is rock-solid.
post #14 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM

I was able to load the initial relrease firmware of ACRyan to this device. However, I can't upgrade to the newer ACRyan firmwares as it checks for the hardware and knows that this device is not made by ACRyan and will not allow upgrade. I had to flash back to the old Firmware. This device firmware is now outdated and will not play some mkv files. It will output audio but not video on some mkv files. You can read more about this on the Amazon review page.
post #15 of 19 Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM

Good news to all Diamond MP1000 owners. I was able to find a matching alternate firmware that will now play the newer MKV files. I uploaded it here with instructions in the zip file. This firmware was originally made for the ACryan Mini. I just added the instructions to safe flash from for the Diamond MP1000.
Linky:https://rapidshare.com/files/4226293...ond_MP1000.zip
post #16 of 19 Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Thanks a lot for the new firmware for the MP1000! It fixed the problem I was having with some MKV files. If you don't mind I have a question for you... which Mede8er box is the one closest to the MP1000 that I assume the firmware is from? I ask because I am curious if any of the newer Mede8er firmwares will also work on the MP1000.
post #17 of 19 Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 AM

I'm guessing that it's the MED500X. I've tried about 15 different firmwares listed here and elsewhere. Some from ACryan, Mede8er, Patriot Box Office, etc. While some firmware releases from Mede8er were able to load, it gave an error while browsing the Menu saying: "This firmware does not work on this hardware" or something similar. Some PBO hacked firmware were able to load but the remote didn't work. If you have a Logitech then you can try using the PBO firmwares with the Logitech remote.
Feel free to load and try them all and report back if you are successful. You can always reflash the working firmware from the safe load method, so no fear of breaking the device.
So far, I'm happy with this firmware right now. For those of you who's curious, this is the Mede8er firmware SVN:4318
post #18 of 19 Old 03-02-2012, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the info. I do have a Harmony 900, so I might give the PBO Firmwares a try. For now though I too am quite happy with the Mede8er one you have provided.
post #19 of 19 Old 02-09-2014, 12:06 PM

AFAA -  Can you tell me where you got the - Mede8er firmware SVN:4318 please?

I am looking for it now and it is not available any ware I have looked.  I am setting this up for my wife's parents as the interface is easy enough for them.  I am hoping this version is a little better than the 2010 - 6 - 15 version provided buy Diamond.

Thank you.

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Hd Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page