Stream FLAC to Denon AVR from Win 7 PC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Denon 4311ci receiver and want to play music files from my Windows 7 PC in another room. Figuring out using Homegroups and shared libraries I was able to play MP3 fine. The album art was displayed too.

However, when I tried to do the same with FLAC files only a big album art filled the TV screen but no sound. My Denon supports those FLAC files since it plays fine from USB stick.

What could be wrong?

In case it matters, I have Shark007 codec pack installed on the PC with the media files. Other than that I can't think of anything that could affect it.
Or, do I need to get into things like Twonkyserver that I know nothing about.
I would have thought I just needed to share the FLAC file folder and allow my receiver to grab and play it, just like with the MP3.

Actually, is this even "streaming" or just file access?

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I might have figured out the answer. After installing the free version of Tversity the FLAC files play fine. The only issue is the Denon shows them as 320 MP3 rather than 320 FLAC. Not sure why.

It appears the original problem is possibly caused by Windows Media Server not supporting FLAC even though I have the codecs installed on the 'server' computer to play it locally.

Does anyone know why my Denon receiver might be showing the FLAC files as MP3, I did turn off transcoding with Tversity.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page