AVS Special Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am using Viewsonic vmp75. For the price, it is really very good device but have some limitations. I use media player only to see content from hard drive and don't need any internet applications like netflix. I can spend around $250.
The device MUST support these things.
1. Pass native resolution of 1080p or 480p depending on video source. I don't want it to convert only option
2. Show Blue-ray menus
3. Pass audio as digital; If not available pass analog stereo. I don't want to change sound manually depending on type of audio available(digital or analog).
4. Support passing DTS hd master,dts hdr, True hd Dolby (VMP 75 does)
5. Best remote and when I turn it on, it should turn on receiver and tv. For example, When I turn on my blue-ray (samsung) player, the onkyo receiver and tv are automatically turned on. I want same to happen when I turn on media player. Not sure what is this communication technology.
6. Able to forward and backward upto 32x (Viewsonic has problems to go backward some times)
---------------- Optional things
1. Faster starting time
2. Better zoom if the picture is window boxed( to see rectangle box with top,bottom,right, left black bars) without utilizing whole screen.
3. Ability to bookmark screens
4. No freeze as much as possible
5. Better interlace or scaling technology
I can wait if there is any device coming up in near future.