bd lite - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is exactly bd lite menu? I am assuming that it implies some menus are supported. I read some where that viewsonic vmp 75 supports bd lite. Is it true? I tried pressing menu, but the cursor is going to tab selection. I did not find how to view any menus for blue ray.

I have blue ray files in folders like stream, auxdata etc. Is this format supported by any other media players to show menus or only ISO file system supported to have menus?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
You just get a simple (cruder) pop-up menu allowing you to jump chapters and switch audio/subtitle streams.
LL
LL

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #3 of 6 Old 03-02-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Is it possible in ViewSonic vmp75 to go to next titles , chapaters etc? I am able to select alternative track using audio key and subtitle using sub title key. Not sure how to go to different chapters or titles.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

Is it possible in ViewSonic vmp75 to go to next titles , chapaters etc? I am able to select alternative track using audio key and subtitle using sub title key. Not sure how to go to different chapters or titles.

I think this is what they call as blu-ray branching (correct me if I'm wrong).... that I know Viewsonic VMP75 does not support it...

Cheers!

Cameron
post #5 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

What is exactly bd lite menu? I am assuming that it implies some menus are supported.

I think the term "BD Lite" is one of the most nebulous terms I've run across in the streamer space.

There are two extremes for BD playback. On one end is full BD menu support of an .iso or BDMV folder structure so the viewing experience is the same as if you were watching the disk in a player. On the other end is zero BD menu support in which the player will simply go into the .iso or BDMV folder structure and pick out and play the largest .m2ts file from the STREAM folder. Anything in between those extremes seems to qualify as BD Lite. Most commonly, this seems to be the ability of the streamer to read/interpret the playlist file to give you chapter skip functionality and to properly play a seamless branching title. On the low end, I've read some refer to the simple functionality of the player to choose between audio tracks and turn on/off subtitles (all of which are encoded in the .m2ts file) as being BD Lite.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #6 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for all the replies. I am not sure why it is so difficult to provide full BD menu support. I guess updated software fixes should fix the problem in the future.

My VMP75 has only these options.
1. Select audio track; Some times Only track 2 contains DTS Master audio
2. Subtitles
3. The "0" button (aka Goto) to enter the time to skip.

The third one is very useful. Let me know if anybody who is using VMP 75 has any tricks for Blu-ray that I am missing.

It is good to have book marking capability that my 200 dvd player used to have. Some times it remembers the previous screen.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page