1st Gen WDTV audio trouble with x264 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's the set-up. I have a WDTV (1st gen) with the latest firmware hooked up via HDMI to the TV and Toslink optical audio out to the philips receiver. I'm trying to play some 720 and 1080P movies. The format is MKV with x264 DTS audio. The picture works great but the only audio channel I'm getting is the subwoofer.

On the WDTV, audio is set to digital. On the receiver, it's set to DTS mode. I've tried toggling audio between stereo and digital on the box and DTS to SCE Stereo, Stereo and DTS. Nothing works. I even messed with analog stereo cables and everything else I could think of. Nothing.

DIVX and all other formats work fine for video and audio but with my new 65" Mitsubishi TV, HD formats such as MKV are a must for picture quality.

This whole system (other than the TV) is temporary. I'm planning on replacing the WDTV with a current gen WD Live TV or something of the like and getting a proper receiver such as The Pioneer 1020K or a comparable Denon model. Regardless, the Phillips does decode 5.1 DTS so I'm baffled here.

Any suggestions? Advice? It would be deeply appreciated.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page