*Official* Nixeus Fusion XS Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 115 Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Checked my e-mail and got a NCIX Newsletter with a promotion for the Nixeus Fusion XS (NX-500), but for some reason the product page shows a different price when you click on the "buy now":

http://source.ncix.com/eblast/newyea.../index-us.html

Cheers!

Cameron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 115 Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I am tempted, but I just cannot bring myself to purchase this player without .aac/.flac multichannel support at any price. As soon as that happens (with proper sub support) I'll probably jump.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #63 of 115 Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I am tempted, but I just cannot bring myself to purchase this player without .aac/.flac multichannel support at any price. As soon as that happens (with proper sub support) I'll probably jump.

They have been releasing beta firmwares - I'll report back here or PM you once those issues are resolved to let you know that its coming soon as their official firmware.

They just released a new video showing Qdeo! I actually tested the video file before sending it to them and the de-interlacing processing results looks better on my HDTV than on that video (maybe YouTube can't process it to be smooth enough?).

Nixeus Fusion XS (NX-500): Marvell's Qdeo Video Processing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I1pl9YpDMM

Cheers!

Cameron
post #64 of 115 Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Hmm. If they are releasing betas and are working on issues as you say then it might be worth it for me to pick it up for $139.99.

I gave in and ordered one- Bah, I had to pricematch their own US ad. Pretty shady of NCIX to list it for $140 for US buyers but only sell it for that price on their CA website. Now let's see if they honor their own ad.

That demo you posted really put it over the top.

post #65 of 115 Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Liked: 12
I received the promo email having bought from NCIX previously. The price for me is $153.98 vs the promo price of $139.98.

So I signed into my NCIX account and the price is still 153.98. Just a heads up.
post #66 of 115 Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

They accepted my pricematch with the US email so I got it for $139.

post #67 of 115 Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

New Youtube video showing how to install Android Apps with a usb storage device and using their Nixeus Android App Market Place!

Nixeus Fusion XS (NX-500): Installing Android Apps & Internet TV (From Asia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmSS81W4r0

Looks pretty good with access to all those Asian online content... too bad I can't read Chinese to navigate those menus - I will have to guess and click hoping I get something good...

Cheers!

Cameron
post #68 of 115 Old 01-07-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

More interested in stuff from the English market myself.

I'll have to fool around with it a bit once I get it.

post #69 of 115 Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm hoping the mod community starts fooling around with this and puts out custom firmwares. Apparently the Kaiboer K860i can handle the ISO format (probably why the thing is priced in the $300-$400 range).

post #70 of 115 Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm hoping the mod community starts fooling around with this and puts out custom firmwares. Apparently the Kaiboer K860i can handle the ISO format (probably why the thing is priced in the $300-$400 range).

I hope so too! Though I think chipset makers are relunctant to give out their SDKs to the mod community... I think HP recently just did that with theirs for the OS for their tablets... They blew $1.3 Billion on it too!

Nixeus just released a new video for their embeded channels.
The Fusion Experience - USA & Other Region Online Channels/Shows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-pYEdq0Zw

They stated on the forums if anyone that knows some internet channels that stream well and wanted it embeded on the Fusion XS to let them know - so they can embed it in future firmware updates.

Cheers!

Cameron
post #71 of 115 Old 01-10-2012, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

So I just found this thread. where can I find info on LAN playback. I'm looking to use this like PCH.

All the matters for me is DVD ISO, 1080P MKV with lossless audio and chapters, subtitles would be nice too and YAMJ.

dont care about apps or web at this point.

I read the thread but I dont see any discussion of its capabilities? please advise.

EDIT: also just read their forum and dont see much activity there.
Sean
post #72 of 115 Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post

So I just found this thread. where can I find info on LAN playback. I'm looking to use this like PCH.

All the matters for me is DVD ISO, 1080P MKV with lossless audio and chapters, subtitles would be nice too and YAMJ.

dont care about apps or web at this point.

I read the thread but I dont see any discussion of its capabilities? please advise.

EDIT: also just read their forum and dont see much activity there.
Sean

Forget about ISO for the meantime. Oddly enough they seem to be more active inputting in NCIX's NX-500 thread than their own forum.

post #73 of 115 Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Forget about ISO for the meantime. Oddly enough they seem to be more active inputting in NCIX's NX-500 thread than their own forum.

how bout MKV and lossless audio?

any player without DVD ISO these days seems at a disadvantage. Dunno what that has to do with cinavia or BD licensing. It has not stopped everyone else from implimenting DVD ISO without BD licensing.
post #74 of 115 Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

any player without DVD ISO these days seems at a disadvantage. Dunno what that has to do with cinavia or BD licensing. It has not stopped everyone else from implimenting DVD ISO without BD licensing.

Got me. Mine is coming in on Thurs. I picked it up at the relatively cheap $139/US price. If you have a question I suggestion you post it on the NCIX forums as the Nixeus folks seem pretty quick to answer them.

The nice thing for me is that they seem pretty committed to the platform and they're US based, and not out of Asia, so it wasn't hard for me to support them.

post #75 of 115 Old 01-10-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Got me. The specs say it supports lossless but remember it's only been out a few weeks.

Mine is coming in on Thurs. I picked it up at the relatively cheap $139/US price. The nice thing for me is that they seem pretty committed to the platform plus they're US based, not out of Asia, so it wasn't hard for me to support them.

If you have a question I suggestion you post it on the NCIX forums as the Nixeus folks seem pretty quick to answer them.

post #76 of 115 Old 01-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They kept stating that Marvell would not give that part of the SDK to enable ISO because itis part of the BD Licensing... from what it seems is that the BD ISO/DVD ISO are bundled together - no BD Licensing so they can't get any ISO to wrok at the moment.
Quote:

Got me. The specs say it supports lossless but remember it's only been out a few weeks.

Mine is coming in on Thurs. I picked it up at the relatively cheap $139/US price. The nice thing for me is that they seem pretty committed to the platform plus they're US based, not out of Asia, so it wasn't hard for me to support them.

If you have a question I suggestion you post it on the NCIX forums as the Nixeus folks seem pretty quick to answer them.

They said the new SDK kind of messed up the lossless and HD audio passthrough and they are working on a fix...

I think most of their staff is preparing or attending CES 2012... they were kind of quite around the same time last year too...

Cheers!

Cameron
post #77 of 115 Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

They kept stating that Marvell would not give that part of the SDK to enable ISO because itis part of the BD Licensing... from what it seems is that the BD ISO/DVD ISO are bundled together - no BD Licensing so they can't get any ISO to wrok at the moment.

They said the new SDK kind of messed up the lossless and HD audio passthrough and they are working on a fix...

I think most of their staff is preparing or attending CES 2012... they were kind of quite around the same time last year too...

OK sounds like an alpha level product that should have not been released. Big surprise. I would love to see a someone come in and do a better job than all the sigma and realtek players. I will keep any eye on this. In the meantime it looks like another PCH for me.
post #78 of 115 Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, tell me about it. I just got the damn thing and it doesn't even work with my USB hard drive box!!! I want a refund!!!

post #79 of 115 Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

Yeah, tell me about it. I just got the damn thing and it doesn't even work with my USB hard drive box!!! I want a refund!!!

Did you not read the second page it was already stated usb drives did not work as well as other things.
post #80 of 115 Old 01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I knew that Samba had problems (ie: nonexistant) but didn't know anything about USB hard-drive problems. In fact it's marketed as USB hard-drive compatible. But it sure as hell doesn't work with mine, which makes it worthless to me.

post #81 of 115 Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:

OK sounds like an alpha level product that should have not been released. Big surprise. I would love to see a someone come in and do a better job than all the sigma and realtek players. I will keep any eye on this. In the meantime it looks like another PCH for me.

This reminds me of the Syabas A-100 when it came out but this is much worse. I have not had any file playback problems yet (have not tired a movie with Dolby True HD, DTS HD).

The way they made it sound with the Android Apps made me think I could use it like my Droid.not even close not to mention that the YouTube app that comes with it cannot show a video without buffering.

So much that needs to be done I think I will pull my Boxee back out and put this in the closet for a year.
post #82 of 115 Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I just need someone at Nixeus to contact me to see what can be done about supporting my Mediasonic USB 4-bay harddrive enclosure. It should work. Works with every other media player I've had. Let's see what they say.

post #83 of 115 Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

I just need someone at Nixeus to contact me to see what can be done about supporting my Mediasonic USB 4-bay harddrive enclosure. It should work. Works with every other media player I've had. Let's see what they say.

Its nothing with your usb enclosure. Usb drives do not work at all period at this time.
post #84 of 115 Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Its nothing with your usb enclosure. Usb drives do not work at all period at this time.

Then they shouldn't be advertising them as supporting it on their website.

post #85 of 115 Old 01-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

It works with two of my USB External 2TB HDD (Hitachi and WD Elements). It even works when I plug in my Fusion HD (with 2TB internal HDD) when I connect it via its USB client port and the flat USB end to the Fusion XS...

I don't have crazy set up like some of you - but I am getting a 3TB USB External HDD soon if prices drop... going to see if that will work or if I will get the same issues as you guys...

Cheers!

Cameron
post #86 of 115 Old 01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsuHelp View Post

This reminds me of the Syabas A-100 when it came out but this is much worse. I have not had any file playback problems yet (have not tired a movie with Dolby True HD, DTS HD).

The way they made it sound with the Android Apps made me think I could use it like my Droid.not even close not to mention that the YouTube app that comes with it cannot show a video without buffering.

So much that needs to be done I think I will pull my Boxee back out and put this in the closet for a year.

I don't think they advertised that it was compatiable with Android Market - they do have a disclaimer on their website and listings that not all Android Apps will be compatiable. There are over 300,000 apps and I think a majority of them are not compatiable with Marvell chipset devices...

Cheers!

Cameron
post #87 of 115 Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

I don't think they advertised that it was compatiable with Android Market - they do have a disclaimer on their website and listings that not all Android Apps will be compatiable. There are over 300,000 apps and I think a majority of them are not compatiable with Marvell chipset devices...

When this was first becoming available, their site along with other resellers were very misleading on the Android Apps.

Now half of the time I go to their website.like now it's down. It's even hard to get a response on their own forum..real let down so far

Guess I am just a dreamer....this could have been a good product
post #88 of 115 Old 01-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

When this was first becoming available, their site along with other resellers were very misleading on the Android Apps.

Now half of the time I go to their website.like now it's down. It's even hard to get a response on their own forum..real let down so far

Guess I am just a dreamer....this could have been a good product

I haven't been on their forums for awhile... I just checked and their website is up now...

Hopefully they came back from CES 2012 with some good news... I got an e-mail from them they should have a new firmware soon with some fixes...

Cheers!

Cameron
post #89 of 115 Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM

I haven't received a new beta in a while......

No posts since January 17!?!

Who/what made me buy this box???
post #90 of 115 Old 01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

Just look back at the posts , you will see myself and at least one other person tried to talk you out of this.This happened before, Nixeus brings products to the market, and then just moves on to other new products , leaving them unfinished with bugs etc - read back thru old posts here and also at the Nixeus Funsion thread , and you will see many of us have sold our Nixeus becuase of the poor support despite what we were promised so many times by the company.Suggest you off load via Ebay Like I did.

Quote:

I haven't received a new beta in a while......

No posts since January 17!?!

Who/what made me buy this box???

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Nixeus Nx 500 Fusion Xs Network Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page