Setting up a display monitor in office - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been tasked with figuring out the exact needs for this project. We are a startup in the energy industry and we will be moving from a space we rent/coexist in with one of our investors to a much loftier/less corporate space in June.

Our needs for this project are probably simple to all of you experts but here goes:

-The setup will include a 42-55" LCD TV, some type of laptop/netbook that has decent resolution, tv mount/stand, networking/cables.

-We either need to use a TV stand or TV mount, but I am unsure of what would be better for the new space we will be moving to in June. Where we are now, using a mount is not possible, fwiw.

-The laptop needs to simply cycle through about 8 tabs of firefox and autorefresh those web pages. These sites display real time information for our business/customers.

Instead of having our IT provider write us code for this small project, we figure we can use the addons for firefox, Tab Slideshow 4.0 and Real Fullscreen 0.1, which seem to work minus the ability to autorefresh the pages which will be necessary.

-I'm really unsure on the networking/cabling part. I'm unsure of how the space is going to be setup and where we will be putting this, but if we assume that all cables can be hidden in the walls, what is the best way to have this setup?

Can we use some type of wireless networking between the laptop and TV or do we have to run an HDMI from laptop to TV regardless?

I'm hoping someone here has some advice for me, it would be much appreciated. I suppose this is some type of display kiosk, but I'm not sure what the technical name for this type of setup would be.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
they make Nettops which are tiny and bolt to the back of the TV and you will never seen it thus eliminating the HDMI issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=acer%20revo

Sean
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page