post #31 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankori View Post

Hi,

I have been able to stream 1080p ISO videos flawlessly from NAS to WD TV Live Plus through the Wireless N with 5Ghz band and dual channel. I have the same Trendnet TEW-644UB Wireless USB adapter and Linksys E2000 router. Too bad your D-link DIR-655 router does not support 5Ghz band. If you want, you could try out the D-link DIR-825 which supports 5Ghz band.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might try that. The 2.4ghz band is really busy at my house (15 hot spots?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankori View Post

Hi,

I have been able to stream 1080p ISO videos flawlessly from NAS to WD TV Live Plus through the Wireless N with 5Ghz band and dual channel. I have the same Trendnet TEW-644UB Wireless USB adapter and Linksys E2000 router. Too bad your D-link DIR-655 router does not support 5Ghz band. If you want, you could try out the D-link DIR-825 which supports 5Ghz band.

Over what distance? Through walls? These are lossless iso's, totally uncompressed, with lossless audio too?
post #33 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was able to stream over 15 feet through the wall. My PC is located in the den and the WD LIVE TV PLus is in my bedroom 15 feet away and separated by the wall.

The videos I have are 1080p lossless and totally uncompressed iso's. I have several videos with over 2 hours long and I was able to play the entire videos without stuttering or dropping sound.
post #34 of 37 Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 191
hmm. How big are these totally uncompressed iso's and 1080p files you are streaming?

btw - did anyone notice the new feature AVS has where it shows similar threads down at the bottom?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #35 of 37 Old 04-01-2011, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

I tweaked all of my wireless router settings and although my laptop is streaming well my media player isn't. It's either the TrendNet card or the player itself.

I think I'm just going to abandon the idea of wireless 1080p and save it for the day when I can run ethernet.
post #36 of 37 Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I am streaming 1080p via WiFi no problem, whether they are my direct Blu-ray rips or I've re-encoded them using Handbrake. I have two EnGenius 9752 routers (300mbps, not dual channel however), one set up as a router where my HTPC media server is in the home theater and the other set up as a repeater where my second XBMC HTPC is two floors up in the bedroom. The key is to share your media using NFS. I use Ubuntu 10.10 on both my HTPC downstairs and my HTPC upstairs.

Please feel free to visit MidnightWatcher's Blogspot or follow my NEWS feed on Twitter.
post #37 of 37 Old 04-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover View Post

nothing is impossible! I have told my son that before. However, I don't know of ANYONE, on ANY forum who streams 1080p wirelessly consistently without issues...

I am able to stream 1080/60p at an average of 28Mbs wirelessly (from my laptop, the blu ray is wired) with absolutely no problems via either DLNA or DMR.

I recently bought the new Panasonic BDT110-at first a total flop streaming. But then I upgraded to windows 7-worked great. Then I reinstalled windows 7-did not work.

I realzied that Windows Mesh- the new network windows 7 program- is a total disaster.

With Windows Mesh my network was only working at 25-38% capacity tops, when my network has the capability of functioning at 54Mbps, therefore topping out at about 20-21 Mbs. Fast enough for my 1080/60i clips, but NOT my 1080/60p

After I uninstalled Mesh, I am now able to stream via either method again and the network shows it is operating at anywhere from 45-60% usually around 54-55%-thus demonstrating a successful rate of an average approx 28Mbs, with variation based on the particular scene in question, as is the case with my native footage.

Now, this is home video taken on my Panasonic SD600-but as my cap is 54Mbps, there should be absolutly no problem with a 1080p at 40-50 Mbs, I just do not have any to test personally

====

Honestly, these blu ray players are amazing for streaming. They can stream via network drives, DLNA, or act as Digital Media Renderers (by far the best method, basically acting as a wireless HDMI cable, but even better). They have excellent user interface for netflix, etc. Plus they can actually play blu ray discs, upconvert your SD movies specatularly, play AVCHD discs, SD cards, USB ports for external hard drives, etc, etc...so...I think hey are awesome.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page