I'm investigating a solution for a bar owner who needs to stream multiple internet videos to multiple tvs at the same time. Here are the requirements:
- Streams are routed from a central area through a switch box that routes them to multiple tvs (ie 16 inputs and 16 outputs, but it's selectable). Note the switch box only supports analogue a/v (bnc for video).
- The streams themselves are from third-party websites (eg sporting events from around the globe, eg espn3, willow tv). Some of these can only be sourced through a browser from what I can tell.
- many logitech revue google tv units - handles all these streams perfectly, but only has hdmi output, therefore requiring expensive converters for each unit.
- boxee (or similar) - some of the streams have compatible apps, but not all do (eg livenrl.tv is not supported by any app from what I can tell).
- media pcs - hard to find pre-built ones that are small and convenient and also have analog output. May need to build some pcs to do the job.
Hope that's all clear. Does anyone have any other solutions that might do the job? I'm also thinking of easy of use/extendability - in whatever configuration we end up using.
Please help me think outside the box(ee) here. Thanks.