WD TV Live Hub issue "There is no media in the current folder" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I just set up my new WD TV Live Hub Media Player and hooked it up to my new 50" Plasma VT25 TV, updated the firmware and plugged in my 2tb external drive.

It compiled the media but when I accessed a folder and tried playing a movie it says "There is no media in the current folder" My Movies are mostly MKV format which played fine on my WD TV Live Media player.

I unplugged my external, plugged it back into my Media player, it recompiled the the media and I could then play all my movies and the error message did not pop up.

Anyone else have this issue with their WD TV Live Hub? Is this a known issue with the TV Live Hub?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

anyone? It's happening with only my Jpg's now. My Movies play fine though.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuy05 View Post
Try refreshing your network connections - like restarting your router and restarting the WDTV Live Hub...

Also make sure the PC that you're trying to access your stored media does not have Windows Live Assistant installed because it may cause issues with SAMBA shares (Unless WDTV fixed this already with a firmware update).

Cheers!

Cameron
post #4 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 PM

Hello I am new to this forum so any help would be appreciated. I turned on my WD Live TV Hub and there was a new firmware update so I went ahead and started the update. It restarted multiple times and at the end it said there was an error in the update. Once I restarted the device it just turns on and shuts off. Is a downloadable software version that I can load manually onto the hard drive. I spoke to WD and they said they will exchange the device but I have to get the media off the device first. I opened the device and pulled out the hard drive and now it is hooked up to my desktop. I cant update the firmware because the device will not stay on and I cannot access the setup tab to update. Thanks
post #5 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 12:38 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidonovan View Post
Hello I am new to this forum so any help would be appreciated. I turned on my WD Live TV Hub and there was a new firmware update so I went ahead and started the update. It restarted multiple times and at the end it said there was an error in the update. Once I restarted the device it just turns on and shuts off. Is a downloadable software version that I can load manually onto the hard drive. I spoke to WD and they said they will exchange the device but I have to get the media off the device first. I opened the device and pulled out the hard drive and now it is hooked up to my desktop. I cant update the firmware because the device will not stay on and I cannot access the setup tab to update. Thanks
Install new or old firmware onto a USB flash drive. The Hub should boot-up (not all the way up) and prompt you that a new firmware has been found. Re-flashing the firmware should get you fixed. Go to this website -> http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/...RIN1pzaw%3D%3D for detailed instructions.

EDIT: I just looked at the WD instructions (at the link above) and they say "install the USB drive after boot-up". Obviously, you should try not waiting for it to power up... install the USB drive before powering up. I do not own a Hub, but I have done this with my Live+ (installed USB drive before powering up).

*My ever so smart GF has done & did an edit to my signature... now using other ways of concealing my passwords*
post #6 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuy05 View Post

Here is an idea, sorry if it sounds stupid;

If navigating to Video then you find no pictures (jpeg's) that's normal on my Live+.

If navigating to Pictures then you find no movies (avatar.iso or mkv's for you) that's normal on my Live+.

I wish the Live+ (Hub?) had an option to browse into a folder and show all supported media files (no matter if picture, music, movies).

*My ever so smart GF has done & did an edit to my signature... now using other ways of concealing my passwords*
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page