Win 7 won't stream photos to DVR or DVD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-07-2011, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Both my Samsung Blu-Ray Disk player (BD-6900) AND my DirecTV HR-21 DVR WILL NOT stream photos from my Windows 7 computer. I've tried hard to set sharing to "everybody" for all the photo folders and both devices state that they DO have access to the internet and my LAN, and specifically my Office Computer. Both devices will drill down far enough in my computer via the LAN to show the drive "G" where these photos reside but both devices report either "No files exist to show" or "unable to find media" or somesuch. I am really stumped to know what is preventing these devices from recognizing the .jpg or other photo files in my computer. Is it possibly some additional setting in Win 7 I haven't found? Help Please and thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Did you set the folders that house the pictures on the computer to share with other devices on your network? If so, do you have another computer on your network you can test this out with first? Once that test is done, you can eliminate the host computer from the equation and focus on the extender devices and the network itself. Are all of these devices connected wirelessly or wired? Might be something else to look into.
Hope this helps.

Gaming doesn't kill people! Crazy, pent up, overly agressive, repressed, gun wielding people kill people.

PSN ID: Mbrodie617
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, all folders are carefully shared..........and my network is wired and works well througout my whole property. All folders are visible on all machines.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page