Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

I am going batty and need some help.

I have 3 WDTV Lives connect through my house as well as a HUB. They all work great. They are all connected to my network vis gigabit ethernet.

I just replaced a WDTV Live with a hub and CAN NOT get my netwrok to identify it. Automatic settings fail as do manual settings. I have tried the new hub in the location of the old hub and it works fine. The WDTV live still works fine in the location where i placed the new hub. I have tried the OLD HUB in the location where I am tryign to put the new hib and it DOES NOT connect to the network...

I use Windows 7 64 bit. I have unistalled AVAST which I use as a firewall and antivirus. I have also disabled the windows firewall. No Success. I have also rebooted my router (Bell Cellpipe 7130). No Success

I am stumped and do not know where to go from here. The hub is not defective as it works in another location. The ethernet cables work with a different unit so it is not the cable. What can be going on?????

Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 AM

Stupid suggestion rename each device with a meaningful name (just not left default) ......i only have one WDLH but i've seen samba (windows xp-7 file share) do strange things when devices have identical names (i'm assuming default network setup)... workgroup names don't really seem to matter with my win7 but earlier version windows the workgroup names matching seemed to matter.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

I knew it was something dumb....

I had to turn my switch off and on and then it started to work

Thanks

dave