Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 130 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3871 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Here is your subs exported showing up on my MKV track...

And my original sub track on my MKV video track...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznfb View Post

What version of BDSup2Sub are you using? Mine is blank and I get WARNING: Problems during RLE decoding of picture OBJ at offset 0x003e1c0e when viewing the blank frames.

Version 4.0.0
post #3873 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Version 4.0.0

That's it... it's the damn version. BDSup2Sub 5.0.0 and earlier work perfectly. 5.1.0, 5.1.1 and the ++ version are all broken. Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to e-mail the developer this info.

Running Windows Home Server 2011 Evil Abandoned Edition
post #3874 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

That's why I don't upgrade apps unless there is something broken.
post #3875 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Wireless member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Just checked and mine is 4.0.0; it is the one that came in the Clown BD "package."

It will be interesting to see what's up with the ++ versions ...

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- it's never done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3876 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Wireless member

I loaded itznfb's Avatar subs and got this. Did I do something wrong?

- it's never done!

post #3877 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

I'm still struggling with this Avatar forced subs rip. Has anyone ripped Avatar successfully while maintaining forced subs only with the original Na'vi font? If so, how did you do it? The closest I've come is MakeMKV which at first I though ripped them correctly. However upon second look it actually ripped a time frame of where the Na'vi subs appear. So there are subtitles that show up saying (Speaking Na'vi). The mkv I have re-encoded with Handbrake and burned in forced subs works perfect but I'd like to figure out the process for doing this manually.
I have the .srt if you are interested. I extracted them myself with eac3to then processed the forced stuff with suprip.
post #3878 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

I loaded itznfb's Avatar subs and got this. Did I do something wrong?

That's normal. Certain timings and graphics give the app the fritz.
post #3879 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

I am new to this so please forgive my questions if they seem noobish. I have a collection o f BR’s I would like to transfer to a HDD. I would like to be able to play the files with iTunes (mp4 if possible). But I’ll settle if the file will be playable by VLC or Cyberlink. I don’t need any of the menus or any of the extras. I’ve perused the thread but it’s fairly large at this point. From what I have been able to gather, I need a combination of software; AnyDVD and ClownBD? I’m getting a PC built by Origin to handle the horsepower, so if you have any advice on spec’s of the hardware, that would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.
1. Start anydvdhd
2. Start tsmuxer
3. Select your bd drive and then the correct mpls or m2ts file (usually the largest m2ts file)
4. Select what tracks you want to keep and choose either ts or m2ts for output type then hit start.
post #3880 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevans64 View Post

If you want to ruin the PQ/AQ of your movie, then you will need something like Handbrake.

*sigh*
post #3881 of 6485 Old 08-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's why I don't upgrade apps unless there is something broken.

I'm never upgrading anything ever again. biggrin.gif
Quote:

Just checked and mine is 4.0.0; it is the one that came in the Clown BD "package."

It will be interesting to see what's up with the ++ versions ...

Jeff

I think the ++ are a fork of the original BDSup2Sub but they seem pretty buggy. The ones I was using kept freezing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post

I have the .srt if you are interested. I extracted them myself with eac3to then processed the forced stuff with suprip.

Thanks but once I downgraded my BDSup2Sub version it's been working great.
Quote:

*sigh*

indeed

post #3882 of 6485 Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Here is another question for the Clown_BD and mkvmerge group. How do you process LPCM audio? It appears tsMuxer may be capable of this and then remux via ffmpeg? Though I can't find anything in Clown_BD that allows you to save the original LPCM file. It seems to always convert it automatically. mkvmerge will officially never support LPCM according to the author.

I wonder what MakeMKV uses to mux LPCM since it seems to have no issue. I'm guessing ffmpeg?

post #3883 of 6485 Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 40
When using makemkv, is there a way to get it to change the order of the soundtracks?

I'ld like to keep the lossless track, the lossy track, and a PCM track but I'd like the order to be lossy, PCM then lossless as I have several devices that can't play the lossless track and I don't want the kids to have to fiddle with it.
post #3884 of 6485 Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post

When using makemkv, is there a way to get it to change the order of the soundtracks?

I'ld like to keep the lossless track, the lossy track, and a PCM track but I'd like the order to be lossy, PCM then lossless as I have several devices that can't play the lossless track and I don't want the kids to have to fiddle with it.

I've never used the feature but here's a post from author: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4566

post #3885 of 6485 Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've never used the feature but here's a post from author: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4566

Wow! Thanks, I already have a profile for my device so this should be easy.
post #3886 of 6485 Old 08-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Worked great! I just went the my device's profile and adjusted the track weights. Now, a question about replacing the subtitles.

Right now I'm using this command to remove existing subtitles and adding a new one. Is it necessary to include the .sub or is using the .idx enough?

mkvmerge -S -o Big_Trouble_In_Little_China_t00.mkv Big_Trouble_In_Little_China_t00.mkv.old x17577.sub x17577.idx
post #3887 of 6485 Old 08-24-2013, 02:41 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post

Worked great! I just went the my device's profile and adjusted the track weights. Now, a question about replacing the subtitles.

Right now I'm using this command to remove existing subtitles and adding a new one. Is it necessary to include the .sub or is using the .idx enough?

mkvmerge -S -o Big_Trouble_In_Little_China_t00.mkv Big_Trouble_In_Little_China_t00.mkv.old x17577.sub x17577.idx

Either way. If you just specify the .idx mkvmerge is smart enough to find the .sub.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #3888 of 6485 Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here is another question for the Clown_BD and mkvmerge group. How do you process LPCM audio? It appears tsMuxer may be capable of this and then remux via ffmpeg? Though I can't find anything in Clown_BD that allows you to save the original LPCM file. It seems to always convert it automatically. mkvmerge will officially never support LPCM according to the author.

I wonder what MakeMKV uses to mux LPCM since it seems to have no issue. I'm guessing ffmpeg?
I'm guessing eac3to? Honestly I dont know smile.gif I usually convert PCM to flac.
post #3889 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Wireless member

Is MediaInfo the preferred app to analyze .m2ts and report audio and video specs?

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #3890 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:

Is MediaInfo the preferred app to analyze .m2ts and report audio and video specs?

Jeff
I don't know about preferred, but it gives a full suite of information.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3891 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

I don't know about preferred, but it gives a full suite of information.
Thanks!

- it's never done!

post #3892 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Wireless member

Using Clown BD and converting some ISOs into M2TS, I noticed Se7en's DTS-HD MA being listed as "7.1 (strange setup)." Googling that gets me to, among other places, Doom9's eac3to forum/thread and something about "strange setups" not mapping correctly. I haven't watched the movie for a while, maybe never from the 7.1 Blu-ray, so I have no experience with incorrect mappings.

Anybody know anything about this? Perhaps I did something wrong when I originally ripped the BD and I should go back and redo it?

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #3893 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Using Clown BD and converting some ISOs into M2TS, I noticed Se7en's DTS-HD MA being listed as "7.1 (strange setup)." Googling that gets me to, among other places, Doom9's eac3to forum/thread and something about "strange setups" not mapping correctly. I haven't watched the movie for a while, maybe never from the 7.1 Blu-ray, so I have no experience with incorrect mappings.

Anybody know anything about this? Perhaps I did something wrong when I originally ripped the BD and I should go back and redo it?

Jeff

Don't worry about it. The worst that will happen is that the center channel audio seems a little lower or the over all audio is about 10-15% lower than non-strange-setup 7.1.
post #3894 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 89
lol And that's acceptable? I still don't get why people spend any time on this 3rd party crap.

Gary J

post #3895 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

lol And that's acceptable? I still don't get why people spend any time on this 3rd party crap.
Try tsmuxer.
post #3896 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

Try tsmuxer.

Don't feed the ...
DotJun likes this.

- it's never done!

post #3897 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

Don't worry about it. The worst that will happen is that the center channel audio seems a little lower or the over all audio is about 10-15% lower than non-strange-setup 7.1.

The Doom9 thread said something about surrounds/rear surrounds not mapping correctly. I'll re-read the posts ... and then pop the disc in and check how it sounds.

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #3898 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Doom9 thread said something about surrounds/rear surrounds not mapping correctly. I'll re-read the posts ... and then pop the disc in and check how it sounds.

Jeff

I've tested that bug and I was never ever able to re-produce it. I am able to reproduce the 7.1 FLAC bug in the Dunes that swap the rear-surrounds with the surrounds. But that is a bug in the Dunes not eac3to. The fix was actually quite easy and ingenious on my part...but that's for another thread.
post #3899 of 6485 Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

I've tested that bug and I was never ever able to re-produce it. I am able to reproduce the 7.1 FLAC bug in the Dunes that swap the rear-surrounds with the surrounds. But that is a bug in the Dunes not eac3to. The fix was actually quite easy and ingenious on my part...but that's for another thread.

Maybe DTS decoders remap on the fly? If eac3to can tell it's "strange" so could the decoders.

Jeff

- it's never done!

post #3900 of 6485 Old 08-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I am wanting to rip my Dark Knight movies to a constant 2:35 aspect Ratio - basically looking to crop the IMAX screens - I have a CIH setup.
just wondering if anybody has done this and what software you have used. Thanks

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page