post #4141 of 6489 Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post

If I'm not in the correct forum, Please inform which forum would be preferred....

I have a BluRay and DVD copying question.... With specific needs.

I make my own BluRay and DVD videos..
I don't bother copy protecting them because I don't want to be bothered by it... Simple as that... If client wants to copy it--fine by me!
So, I create my own media, and when I get done with a project I have a Master Disc... That has been viewed as good and 'approved'..
I then want to take this master and make copies of it for the person....

I'm trying to save money on media cost.... DVD's are not an issue, they are cheap enough that media cost is not an issue, So I use DVD-R for everything DVD related...My dilemma is with BluRay: To save media costs while revisions are being made.... I use BD-RE (Erasable) Blu Ray Media, so I can re-use the BR media, until I get a finished project, a "Master Disc".

However... When I make copies, I'd like to use BD-R (Non-Eraseable) media because it is less expensive than BD-RE.

I don't want to have to go through Authoring a BD-R Disc, because of the time to Render, Burn, and Verify media, when I already had a 'good' Master disc that was verified and 'approved'.

I have tried 3 different programs, and each of them will Read and Write to same media, but on Read of BD-RE and Write to BD-R media it does a test write to the BD-R disc (rendering it un-useable for anything else) and then it rejects it and asks for more media...

I've tried 3 programs, and they all destroy BD-R media on write from a BD-RE 'read'......

Therefore.... I'm looking for a BluRay & DVD copy program that will allow me to Read a BR-RE disc, and write to a BD-R disc....
The procedure I use with the client to accept a "Master" disc as outlined above is why I don't use ISO files, as they would have to be burned and viewed by the client... causing another Burn and Verify operation.... (Which was already done).

Can you give suggestions of a program that will work this way? Thanks very much..
Cyberlink Power2Go will do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 6489 Old 10-21-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post

Therefore.... I'm looking for a BluRay & DVD copy program that will allow me to Read a BR-RE disc, and write to a BD-R disc....
The procedure I use with the client to accept a "Master" disc as outlined above is why I don't use ISO files, as they would have to be burned and viewed by the client... causing another Burn and Verify operation.... (Which was already done).

Can you give suggestions of a program that will work this way? Thanks very much..
ImgBurn. Free and the best writing software out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just as big an idea thief as)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4143 of 6489 Old 10-21-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

ImgBurn. Free and the best writing software out there.
@Jan J
I second ImgBurn. It is a two step process. First you create an .iso image of the BD-RE disk on your HDD and that is your master. You then use the burn selection to burn as many copies to BD-R as you need.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #4144 of 6489 Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I am moving some software that was on the D drive to a newly much more spacious C drive. I remember installing a lot of A/V software that *I* don't use, but also remember that some other apps like Clown BD *do* use. Avisynth 2.5 is one that I don't remember if I need or not ... for something like Clown. Does Clown use only what is in the "package" or does it use Avisynth as well? BD-RB maybe uses it?

(dons dunce cap)
Thanks,
Jeff

- it's never done!

post #4145 of 6489 Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

I am moving some software that was on the D drive to a newly much more spacious C drive. I remember installing a lot of A/V software that *I* don't use, but also remember that some other apps like Clown BD *do* use. Avisynth 2.5 is one that I don't remember if I need or not ... for something like Clown. Does Clown use only what is in the "package" or does it use Avisynth as well? BD-RB maybe uses it?

(dons dunce cap)
Thanks,
Jeff

If I recall I just use what is included in the ClownBD package

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #4146 of 6489 Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Wireless member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

If I recall I just use what is included in the ClownBD package

Thanks. It is BDRB that needs AviSynth to "rebuild" ... does not need it to analyze, which is all I use it for.

Just got my main rig back together with three 240GB Corsair SSD and got 230MB/second moving Hunger Games ISO from one non-system SSd to another. Getting 130MB/second moving it from non-system SSD to system SSD.

- it's never done!

post #4147 of 6489 Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Anyone having issues with the internship I keep getting errors with makemkv and exchanged the disc yet it is still giving me errors

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00626.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 116736, attempting to work around

I read that this may be do to something called bus encryption, but not 100% sure.
post #4148 of 6489 Old 10-25-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quick note about Cinavia. For 2013 only one studio released a Cinavia title other than Sony. In Jan-13, Disney released Frankenweenie with Cinavia -- all other 2013 titles with Cinavia have come from Sony. This seems to have reversed a trend from previous years which saw Warner, Universal, and 20th Century Fox dipping their toes in the Cinavia pool. Wonder what has happened to halt the spread of Cinavia beyond Sony.

Info taken from DVD Fab Cinavia list.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #4149 of 6489 Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

Quick note about Cinavia. For 2013 only one studio released a Cinavia title other than Sony. In Jan-13, Disney released Frankenweenie with Cinavia -- all other 2013 titles with Cinavia have come from Sony. This seems to have reversed a trend from previous years which saw Warner, Universal, and 20th Century Fox dipping their toes in the Cinavia pool. Wonder what has happened to halt the spread of Cinavia beyond Sony.

Info taken from DVD Fab Cinavia list.

Interesting. I assume there are fees involved with using Cinavia and possibly the studios feel the cost is no longer worth it?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #4150 of 6489 Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Interesting. I assume there are fees involved with using Cinavia and possibly the studios feel the cost is no longer worth it?

That is interesting. Between RedBox and Amazon/Netflix, the need for stealing is probably diminishing. And Cinavia seems unlikely to deter those who want to get the movie pre-netflix. But maybe I'm wrong on that score.

post #4151 of 6489 Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Any suggestion on the comparison of those two software?

This is for Blu-ray ripping (to MP4) and copier

I'm thinking getting either DVDfab or Aiseesoft blu-ray ripper

Here is the product link

http://www.aiseesoft.com/bd-software-toolkit/

http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-toolkit.htm

I already have dvdfab for DVD..... i use that to copy my dvd. Plus i'm trying out the trail version on DVD ripper.... I really like the software, but the price is a bit higher than Aiseesoft.

My mean question would be which one would get a better quality?

Should i rip them on 720 or 1080???

What is the normal size of a Blu-ray MP4 file after ripping???

thanks

post #4152 of 6489 Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post

But maybe I'm wrong on that score.
You're also wrong on the term "stealing".

Things can only get better
post #4153 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung19 View Post

Any suggestion on the comparison of those two software?

This is for Blu-ray ripping (to MP4) and copier

I'm thinking getting either DVDfab or Aiseesoft blu-ray ripper

Here is the product link

http://www.aiseesoft.com/bd-software-toolkit/

http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-toolkit.htm

I already have dvdfab for DVD..... i use that to copy my dvd. Plus i'm trying out the trail version on DVD ripper.... I really like the software, but the price is a bit higher than Aiseesoft.

My mean question would be which one would get a better quality?

Should i rip them on 720 or 1080???

What is the normal size of a Blu-ray MP4 file after ripping???

thanks
720 is fine for most content as very few movies are actually 1080
post #4154 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post

720 is fine for most content as very few movies are actually 1080

I'm sorry this is just wrong.
Sammy2 likes this.

post #4155 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post

That is interesting. Between RedBox and Amazon/Netflix, the need for stealing is probably diminishing. And Cinavia seems unlikely to deter those who want to get the movie pre-netflix. But maybe I'm wrong on that score.

Or it's alive and well with digital hoarders who can now "own" blu ray titles for ~150 pennies. Netflix is STILL awful and neither they or Amazon offer the kind of titles that pop up on torrents and get hammered on, read: new releases, block busters, etc.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #4156 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post

You're also wrong on the term "stealing".

Oh, he is? Then please supply us all with the staid, awful, bankrupt-in-the-logic-dept, "college-kid-on-the-internet" defense of taking ownership of artistic digital content in lieu of lawful remittance. I'm always happy to play this game with people. biggrin.gif

We know, it's not really stealing, it's copyright infringement. And after all, you're not really stealing anything, per se, people can still steal...I mean use the product, so nothing physical has been taken from anyone. People need to understand these imperative distinctions. rolleyes.gif lmao.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #4157 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 348
At one point we resolved to keep this thread technical Q & A. Could we try to stick with that?

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #4158 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

At one point we resolved to keep this thread technical Q & A. Could we try to stick with that?

-Bill

Honestly i'm a bit shocked this thread is allowed here, it is essentially about how one can bypass blu-ray's DRM. To me that isn't something I would have thought would be welcomed on this site.

post #4159 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmReverie View Post

Honestly i'm a bit shocked this thread is allowed here, it is essentially about how one can bypass blu-ray's DRM. To me that isn't something I would have thought would be welcomed on this site.

You can ask the moderators by clicking the red flag at the bottom left of any post. Or maybe it's best not to and just "behave".

When people ask about actual pirated goods, downloads for example, we tell them it's not allowed.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #4160 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmReverie View Post

For me it's about the how to load movies onto a jukebox.
post #4161 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Anyone having issues with Monsters University TrueHD sound drop-outs? I just bought it like 2 hours ago, and my son is watching it via PS3.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

Home Theater Set Up:

post #4162 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Anyone having issues with Monsters University TrueHD sound drop-outs? I just bought it like 2 hours ago, and my son is watching it via PS3.

Yes, lots of reports about that. Especially when ripping it.
post #4163 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Yes, lots of reports about that. Especially when ripping it.

That's just great. $35 bucks and even the 3D movies has the same issue.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #4164 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I've talked to Disney Tech. I will be sending in my copy with the times where I have the audio drop outs. They will analyze it and send me a new copy biggrin.gif

Home Theater Set Up:

post #4165 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've talked to Disney Tech. I will be sending in my copy with the times where I have the audio drop outs. They will analyze it and send me a new copy biggrin.gif

From all reports I have seen, the audio drops are totally random and are never in the same place twice.
post #4166 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

From all reports I have seen, the audio drops are totally random and are never in the same place twice.

I'm going to watch it again and see if the audio drops at the same time frame just to be sure. Thanks.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #4167 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW, remuxing to FLAC gets rid of all of them.

MKV+FLAC+PGS=FTW!!!!
post #4168 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW, remuxing to FLAC gets rid of all of them.

MKV+FLAC+PGS=FTW!!!!

I understand the work around, but it would be nice if we don't have to do a work around. May be if they heard from enough people complaining about the issue they'll stop using TrueHD. biggrin.gif

Home Theater Set Up:

post #4169 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I understand the work around, but it would be nice if we don't have to do a work around. May be if they heard from enough people complaining about the issue they'll stop using TrueHD. biggrin.gif

Do you hear the drops on the physical disk too or is it just the rip?

If its the former then there is something wrong. If the latter then they will tell you that it is illegal to rip a Blu-ray so you have nothing to bitch about.
post #4170 of 6489 Old 10-30-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do you hear the drops on the physical disk too or is it just the rip?

If its the former then there is something wrong. If the latter then they will tell you that it is illegal to rip a Blu-ray so you have nothing to bitch about.

This is on the physical disk only. I just started ripping it right now.

Home Theater Set Up:

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page