Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 199 - AVS Forum
First ... 197  198  199 200  201  ... Last
Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming > Ripping Blu-Rays II
techflaws's Avatar techflaws 10:43 PM 06-05-2014
Doesn't AnyDVD employ some techniques to make software players fail at detecting Cinavia or something?

ttiger72's Avatar ttiger72 07:47 AM 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

Not odd. When Any DVD HD is running it causes several PC players to ignore Cinavia. It is a feature of Any DVD HD starting with the 7.3.1.0 revision.

Ok, I misunderstood you then. I assumed that TMT 5/6=media players. I understand now. I made some changes to how I use my HTPC recently and upgraded to TMT6 (some very weird color and black level issues with TMT5 with the new video card I bought) and I started ripping to folders instead of ISO because I was having issues with Media Browser not mounting them properly for mobile devices. After all of that happened is when the Cinavia issues started popping up. So it looks like my only solution as of right now is AnyDVD. Thinking 1 year license might be the best way to go to see how all of this plays out.

ETA Thanks Kelson for the info, very helpful!
pepar's Avatar pepar 07:59 AM 06-06-2014
Quote:
7.3.1.0 2013 08 11
- New: AnyDVD's unique Cinavia fix will prevent all currently existing software players -
including all TMT 5 and 6 versions, all PowerDVD 12 and 13 versions, all PowerDVD 10 OEM versions,
all WinDVD 11 versions, all Nero Blu-ray player versions - to detect Cinavia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

If you do not have a license for DVD Fab now your only real choice is Any DVD HD. But buying an AnyDVD HD license is chancy because once they get done with DVD Fab, Any DVD is probably next.

I would not bet against that. frown.gif
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 09:01 AM 06-06-2014
Hi all,

I've read some of this thread, done some searches, also read some posts on Slysoft forums.

I'm about to rip my ~350 blu-ray disc collection. I plan to do full ISOs. I've gone back and forth on the 1:1 copy idea (protected vs unprotected), but I think I will let AnyDVD HD remove the copy protection, since I want to play these ISOs back on my Oppo 93.

My main question is: should I just use AnyDVDs native ISO ripping functionality? Or should I use ImgBurn? I haven't been able to find a real definitive reason to use ImgBurn, other than it may be a bit faster.

Thanks,

Chris
pepar's Avatar pepar 10:36 AM 06-06-2014
Are you sure that you Oppo will play ISO files?
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:31 AM 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post

Hi all,

I've read some of this thread, done some searches, also read some posts on Slysoft forums.

I'm about to rip my ~350 blu-ray disc collection. I plan to do full ISOs. I've gone back and forth on the 1:1 copy idea (protected vs unprotected), but I think I will let AnyDVD HD remove the copy protection, since I want to play these ISOs back on my Oppo 93.

My main question is: should I just use AnyDVDs native ISO ripping functionality? Or should I use ImgBurn? I haven't been able to find a real definitive reason to use ImgBurn, other than it may be a bit faster.

Thanks,

Chris

Either one will work. I typically use IMGburn because it has a bigger buffer(and an adjustable buffer).(of course with Any DVD HD running in the background)
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 12:38 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Are you sure that you Oppo will play ISO files?

Um, yeah, pretty sure. smile.gif
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 12:38 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Either one will work. I typically use IMGburn because it has a bigger buffer(and an adjustable buffer).(of course with Any DVD HD running in the background)

And does that bigger (and adjustable) buffer give you any benefits other than speed of rip?
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 01:05 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

And does that bigger (and adjustable) buffer give you any benefits other than speed of rip?

I see the advantages when doing multiple rips. Like three or four concurrent rips.

But I also use the log that shows me what the max and min read rates of the disc will be and other info. Not sure what AnyDVD HD has in it's logs. IMGBurn is free anyway so there is no cost involved with it.
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 01:12 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

I see the advantages when doing multiple rips. Like three or four concurrent rips.

But I also use the log that shows me what the max and min read rates of the disc will be and other info. Not sure what AnyDVD HD has in it's logs. IMGBurn is free anyway so there is no cost involved with it.

Thanks for the info.

One more question. If you have AnyDVD HD active in the background and click settings for turning off protection, turn off restrictions on previews, etc, does the ISO that ImgBurn creates respect those settings? Or is ImgBurn only good for making protected ISOs?
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 02:13 PM 06-06-2014
I have never tried that.
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 02:21 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

I have never tried that.

Never tried which? wink.gif Are you just ripping protected ISOs (1:1 copies)?
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 02:26 PM 06-06-2014
I typically just rip 1:1 ISOs of BDs. If I do anything else it is just with MakeMKV to create a file for just the movie. Which is rare for me. I typically want the full ISO so I can still have access to the full BD menus. Which I need for some of the TV show BD titles I buy if the episodes are not in order. The least amount of work for me is to stick the disc in, rip it, and be done with it. And ideally, the disc will never see the light of day again. Or I lose the disc and can't find it.(Like my Finding Nemo 3D BD)
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 02:40 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

I typically just rip 1:1 ISOs of BDs. If I do anything else it is just with MakeMKV to create a file for just the movie. Which is rare for me. I typically want the full ISO so I can still have access to the full BD menus. Which I need for some of the TV show BD titles I buy if the episodes are not in order. The least amount of work for me is to stick the disc in, rip it, and be done with it. And ideally, the disc will never see the light of day again. Or I lose the disc and can't find it.(Like my Finding Nemo 3D BD)

Understood, but since my Oppo can play ISOs natively, I'm considering ripping BD ISOs with the copy protection and other things removed. It won't be a 1:1 bit-for-bit ISO rip, but it will instantly play on my Oppo with no further processing required.

I know some people rip with all the copy protection intact, with the intention of serving the ISO up from an HTPC where AnyDVD is always running in the background, thus defeating the copy protection on the fly. But since my Dune and Oppo can play them with full menu support, I'm tempted to strip all the copy protection.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 03:07 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

Understood, but since my Oppo can play ISOs natively, I'm considering ripping BD ISOs with the copy protection and other things removed. It won't be a 1:1 bit-for-bit ISO rip, but it will instantly play on my Oppo with no further processing required.

I know some people rip with all the copy protection intact, with the intention of serving the ISO up from an HTPC where AnyDVD is always running in the background, thus defeating the copy protection on the fly. But since my Dune and Oppo can play them with full menu support, I'm tempted to strip all the copy protection.

All my rips have the copy protection stripped. WHich I think has to be the case for me to be able to stream the ISOs to my media players.
pepar's Avatar pepar 03:13 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

Um, yeah, pretty sure. smile.gif

You have an "older" firmware?

Otherwise ... from the FAQ

" Does it support Blu-ray ISO files on HDD?

ISO backups are no longer supported on the BDP-9x series of players starting with the Beta 64-0119B and later firmware. All previous support for this functionality was done unofficially and was completely undocumented. This feature will no longer be supported."
pepar's Avatar pepar 03:15 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

Never tried which? wink.gif Are you just ripping protected ISOs (1:1 copies)?

Isn't the only way to "rip" a BD is with the copy protection removed?

Jeff
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 03:43 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

You have an "older" firmware?

Otherwise ... from the FAQ

" Does it support Blu-ray ISO files on HDD?

ISO backups are no longer supported on the BDP-9x series of players starting with the Beta 64-0119B and later firmware. All previous support for this functionality was done unofficially and was completely undocumented. This feature will no longer be supported."

Yes, I have an older firmware.
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 03:46 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

All my rips have the copy protection stripped. WHich I think has to be the case for me to be able to stream the ISOs to my media players.

Oh, sorry, then I was confused by your earlier post. I had asked if you turn off copy protection AND use ImgBurn to do the rip, and I thought your response of "I have never tried that" applied to that.

Just want to be sure...you turn off copy protection in AnyDVD and then use ImgBurn to do the ISO rip. And your resulting ISO has copy protection stripped. So ImgBurn respects the settings of AnyDVD (with respect to copy protection being stripped, etc).

Chris
techflaws's Avatar techflaws 11:00 PM 06-06-2014
Quote:

I know some people rip with all the copy protection intact, with the intention of serving the ISO up from an HTPC where AnyDVD is always running in the background

Doubtful cause if the copy protection is intact, you can't rip the disc. There are people who use AnyDVD in the background on their HTPCs so they can be sure playback of physical discs works.
Quote:

So ImgBurn respects the settings of AnyDVD (with respect to copy protection being stripped, etc).

ImgBurn does not respect anything. AnyDVD presents the disc to the system without copy protections. So whatever software accesses it, will only get the unprotected disc.
hogger129's Avatar hogger129 05:04 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post

Doubtful cause if the copy protection is intact, you can't rip the disc. There are people who use AnyDVD in the background on their HTPCs so they can be sure playback of physical discs works.
ImgBurn does not respect anything. AnyDVD presents the disc to the system without copy protections. So whatever software accesses it, will only get the unprotected disc.

*Imgburn will make a perfect copy, but will not remove the DRM.
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 07:43 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post

There are dozens of people on the slysoft forum that "rip" the blu-ray while leaving the copy protection intact. That's their whole goal...to be a bit-identical copy of the disc. Then, later, they mount the ISO and have AnyDVD running and at THAT time they defeat the copy protection. I've seen huge debates about both approaches on multiple forums, so I know people are using AnyDVD with protected ISOs.
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 07:44 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post

*Imgburn will make a perfect copy, but will not remove the DRM.

Ugh...now thoroughly confused. Some people say ImgBurn will rip an unprotected ISO (so long as AnyDVD is running in the background and defeating copy protection), and some say it doesn't.

Guess I will just try it myself and see what happens. smile.gif
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 08:28 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:

Ugh...now thoroughly confused. Some people say ImgBurn will rip an unprotected ISO (so long as AnyDVD is running in the background and defeating copy protection), and some say it doesn't.

Guess I will just try it myself and see what happens. smile.gif

Any DVD HD is what strips the protection. It runs in the background. If I am running Any DVd HD and it is set to remove the protection, then when I create an ISO with IMGBurn or with ANy DVD HD, the ISO will have no protection. I don't think I have ever ripped a disc and left the protection intact. It has always been removed for my ISOs.
fatherom's Avatar fatherom 08:39 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:

Any DVD HD is what strips the protection. It runs in the background. If I am running Any DVd HD and it is set to remove the protection, then when I create an ISO with IMGBurn or with ANy DVD HD, the ISO will have no protection. I don't think I have ever ripped a disc and left the protection intact. It has always been removed for my ISOs.

Fair enough. It's possible the people ripping protected ISOs are JUST using ImgBurn at the moment of the rip, and then later, when they want to manipulate the protected ISO, mount the ISO as a virtual drive and have AnyDVD running.

BTW, when I say "rip", all I imply is dumping the contents of the disc to the hard drive. I'm not implying a "rip" involves stripping copy protection, per se.
Kelson's Avatar Kelson 09:47 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:

There are dozens of people on the slysoft forum that "rip" the blu-ray while leaving the copy protection intact. That's their whole goal...to be a bit-identical copy of the disc.
Whether or not you rip it with or without keeping the copy protection, the AV stream file will be a 1:1 rip of what is on the original disk and that's all that really matters.
ScottJ's Avatar ScottJ 09:58 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:

There are dozens of people on the slysoft forum that "rip" the blu-ray while leaving the copy protection intact. That's their whole goal...to be a bit-identical copy of the disc. Then, later, they mount the ISO and have AnyDVD running and at THAT time they defeat the copy protection. I've seen huge debates about both approaches on multiple forums, so I know people are using AnyDVD with protected ISOs.

I'm pretty sure that AnyDVD can only remove the copy protection from a protected ISO if it has seen the original disc mounted in that PC some time in the past.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 10:00 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

I'm pretty sure that AnyDVD can only remove the copy protection from a protected ISO if it has seen the original disc mounted in that PC some time in the past.

No idea but why would it need to see the original disc? If you are able to rip to ISO with the protection intact, when the ISO is mounted, it should look just like you stuck a protected disc in. Any DVD should not know the difference.

But then I also have never tried it. I strip the protection from every rip and just leave the region code intact.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 10:05 AM 06-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

No, I've done it with a raw ISO file copied from another system. The laptop with AnyDVD didn't have a Blu-ray drive (or support the UDF file system used for BDMV directories).

-Bill
mike_carton's Avatar mike_carton 10:31 AM 06-07-2014
Re: Posts 5931, 5932, 5938

Thanks, DotJun and Rick
Tags: Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
First ... 197  198  199 200  201  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop