Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 261 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #7801 of 7808 Unread Today, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Compressed? Select MKV Remux under Target Media and leave everything else untouched. You can't have several streams though, IIRC.

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7802 of 7808 Unread Today, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post
Compressed? Select MKV Remux under Target Media and leave everything else untouched. You can't have several streams though, IIRC.
Sorry Im confused about this...
When I read about it, they say its only for making a BD half the size of the original, I don't want that.
post #7803 of 7808 Unread Today, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm going to ask my question here anyway. At least it's not about subtitles !

I have the three Lichtmond Blu-rays and I want to extract just the audio to FLAC with best possible quality and in the full 7.1 from the disc. Audio on the disc is DTS HD-MA. I also want each track separate so it shows up like a normal audio album on my PCH.

I've tried DVD Audio Extractor but it doesn't seem to recognise the 7.1, offering only 5.1.

I've also tried DVDFab but when ripping just the audio to either FLAC or WAV it doesn't offer 7.1 or 24/96. Strangely it offers only 48k and a bit rate.

So at the moment I've ripped with DVDFab using the audio copy profile which has given me each track as a DTS HD-MA file.

Any ideas on how I convert this to 7.1 FLAC ?

Googling on the problem has lead me to eac3to but it doesn't seem at all straight forward to do what I want. If this is the correct solution I'm afraid I need the dummy's guide on how to do it.

Cheers,

Eac3to inputfile.m2ts stream# outputfile.flac

For instance,
Eac3to 00800.m2ts :4 song.flac
post #7804 of 7808 Unread Today, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 9
As I understand the deal, if I want to rip a commercial BD to a hard drive, as a minimum I will need 1) a computer drive that reads BDs and 2) the AnyDVD HD software which costs 79 euros (currently $85). Is this correct?

And something like the free ImgBurn will be needed to do the actual ripping, but it's AnyDVD HD that makes this possible (?).
post #7805 of 7808 Unread Today, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lils Roro View Post
As I understand the deal, if I want to rip a commercial BD to a hard drive, as a minimum I will need 1) a computer drive that reads BDs and 2) the AnyDVD HD software which costs 79 euros (currently $85). Is this correct?

And something like the free ImgBurn will be needed to do the actual ripping, but it's AnyDVD HD that makes this possible (?).
You need a computer drive that reads BDs and MakeMKV (free).
post #7806 of 7808 Unread Today, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
You need a computer drive that reads BDs and MakeMKV (free).
Thanks much Ken.F. This isn't made clear at all in the OP's opening salvo.

What I want from each BD is the movie only, original audio, no chapter breaks, menus, or subtitles, and the ability to compress the video down to 10 gb's if I want. I presume I can do this with MAkeMKV or use another program like Handbrake on what MakeMKV gives me.
post #7807 of 7808 Unread Today, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Thanks much Ken.F. This isn't made clear at all in the OP's opening salvo.

What I want from each BD is the movie only, original audio, no chapter breaks, menus, or subtitles, and the ability to compress the video down to 10 gb's if I want. I presume I can do this with MAkeMKV or use another program like Handbrake on what MakeMKV gives me.
Yes, you can use MakeMKV to save the movie only plus whatever audio and subtitle tracks you choose in a MKV container. You can then further process the mkv file with Handbrake to compress and remove the chapter marks. I don't know why anyone would want to remove the chapter markers but Handbrake can do that.
post #7808 of 7808 Unread Today, 05:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:

Any DVD HD can rip to ISO or folders. The option is there when you right click on the Fox symbol. But I typically use ImgBurn because I like the large 1GB buffer it has. Which can come into play if I rip several titles concurrently. WIth each instance of ImgBUrn open having up to a 1GB buffer.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com