Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 270 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8071 of 8073 Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
Ok I see what you are doing now. All makes sense now that I see you example haha

I'm curious, when you do it this way, does mkvmerge demux the files temporarily before remuxing? I'd assume so as even makemkv works that way and its makemkv is just a different GUI for mkvmerge.
Mkvmerge creates and starts writing to the new file immediately, not 100% sure if that means no intermediate steps but that's what I've been thinking. Works well for me regardless, and as I posted earlier I also use mkvmerge to strip out unneeded subtitle tracks (after determining which track represents english foreign language "forced" subs) so it's an easy workflow for me.

However I see that the standalone mkvmerge gui app is scheduled to be deprecated in an upcoming release, with those features rolled into a new mktvtooolnix gui. So, another program to learn, and those screenshots I posted will probably not be much good in a few weeks lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8073 Unread Today, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 476
This thread has been rolled back to the most recent on-topic post. Some legitimate posts may have been lost in the rollback. For that, I apologize.

Stay on topic, please.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #8073 of 8073 Unread Today, 06:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 755
For you Handbrake aficionados:
I'm experimenting with converting HDTV MPEG-2 captures from my TiVo's into H.264/AVC. The TiVo transfer software, kmttg has the option to decrypt and run Handbrake on the file to do it all in 1 shot from a single batch interface. kmttg runs Handbrake from the CLI and so the various Handbrake encoding "profiles" available in kmttg are just text strings of the Handbrake command line parameters. I can modify or create my own kmttg Handbrake "profiles".

Questions:
  • What is the directionality of the CRF factor? The profile I'm experimenting with has CRF=21 and appears to over-compress the source. If I want better quality with less compression do I increase or decrease the CRF.
  • If I install and run the Handbrake GUI to set up a bunch of parameters, can I get the CLI parameter string out of the GUI without actually running Handbrake, so I can use it to create my own kmttg profile?

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
3d blu-ray , blu ray , copier , Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player , home cinema , ripper
Gear in this thread - blu by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page