Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 316 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980Likes

post #9451 of 10646 Old 04-18-2016, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No menu on A-410 Stream

I have a problem playing a home made blu-ray movie on my Popcorn Hour A-410. I created this disc from 3 different video segments and built a menu so I could select which to play individually. I did this on Cyberlink Power Director. I made a BD disc and it plays in my DVD player fine with my menu selection working appropriately. I wanted a digital copy to stream so I cloned the BD to and iso image file using DVDFab. This iso image also plays fine with all 3 segments on my PC with VLC Media Player as long as I leave the "No disc menus" unchecked. Unfortunately when I go to play the iso image on my A-410 it goes directly to the first segment with no options to play the other two. I thought the clone function made an exact copy, menus and all. Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9452 of 10646 Old 04-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Might be a PCH issue. Have you posted in a thread for the units?

edit: Oh, wait, does the 410 do BD menus?
Jeff

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
post #9453 of 10646 Old 04-18-2016, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Might be a PCH issue. Have you posted in a thread for the units?

edit: Oh, wait, does the 410 do BD menus?
Jeff
Thanks, you are right. The A-410 only plays BD-lite. I have to use the Title button to get to my other segments.

post #9454 of 10646 Old 04-18-2016, 10:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Anydvd HD rips the entire file/folder structure of a disc to a folder on your hard drive, or rips the disc to an ISO on your hard drive, while removing protections. It does not compress, filter out movie only, etc. So I probably say "do all" only as it pertains to removing protection.

As for Slysoft vs RedFox... Yes, Redfox is legit. From their forums, Redfox is made of the devs who worked for Slysoft before it was shut down. They are working on reviving AnyDVD.
thanks for your input. So the current Redfox anyDVD HD version is go-to-go now if I purchase from their site?
post #9455 of 10646 Old 04-19-2016, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post
thanks for your input. So the current Redfox anyDVD HD version is go-to-go now if I purchase from their site?
Redfox isn't setup for purchasing new licenses yet.

Until they are, you can continue using any valid previously purchased Slysoft Anydvd/AnydvdHD license, and download the RedFox AnyDVD HD updates, and wait to see what Redfox does going forward.

If you do not have a previous license, you're supposed to be able to download the Redfox AnyDVD and use it in trial mode. (if you had a previous expired license or expired trial, you'll likely have to just sit and wait).

There are much more details and speculation in Redfox's forums.
post #9456 of 10646 Old 04-19-2016, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you do not have a previous license, you're supposed to be able to download the Redfox AnyDVD and use it in trial mode. (if you had a previous expired license or expired trial, you'll likely have to just sit and wait)
ah, i see, thanks.
post #9457 of 10646 Old 04-19-2016, 10:42 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
If you do not have a previous license, you're supposed to be able to download the Redfox AnyDVD and use it in trial mode. (if you had a previous expired license or expired trial, you'll likely have to just sit and wait).
True. I am in that category.

Jeff

post #9458 of 10646 Old 04-19-2016, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1952 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
There is always DVD Fab's PassKey.
They have already been through the fires and have emerged. Unless one has existing ties to AnyDVD HD I would probably go with PassKey -- which has a lifetime license. No telling if RedFox will ever actually get it together.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #9459 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
There is always DVD Fab's PassKey.
They have already been through the fires and have emerged. Unless one has existing ties to AnyDVD HD I would probably go with PassKey -- which has a lifetime license. No telling if RedFox will ever actually get it together.
I have a DVDFab PassKey BD/DVD lifetime license I got as a freebie during a give-a-way promotion they had in the fall. I still like AnyDVD better. Anydvd just seems more "polished" with the way it works when discs are inserted/scanned, or if you rip the first disc, and eject it and put in the next... Like with Anydvd I can rip a disc, keep window open, insert the new disc, and it will see the new disc when scanning is complete and be ready to hit RIP button again. Passkey I have to keep the app/ripper closed, insert the disc, wait for scanning to complete, then open the "rip to folder".. hit rip, close the window, swap discs, wait for scanning to complete, re-launch "rip to folder", etc. So in Passkey it also means if you open the ripper BEFORE the disc is scanned, you need to close and re-open it. Not too bad for single disc backups... But it is a pain with box sets).

That being said.. PassKey is a suitable replacement considering we don't know how soon Redfox will start selling licenses again (they did post a guess, which the date has passed, and I saw another "within a week" but we don't know for sure), or how long they will be able to stick around. And with DVDFab's current offers, the price is not bad either. Depending on the cost difference based on what price Redfox finally offers Anydvd for, using Passkey could be even acceptable. (NOTE: I've seen the posts where pricing ideas were stated, but they did include text like "The pricing isn’t ironed out yet" and "is still worked out" so we don't know the 100% final decided upon prices... See -> https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redf...oncerns.68578/)

Apparently the OPD for AnyDVD is no longer accessible by the trial versions. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/star...8/#post-432965 and https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/star...8/#post-432993
post #9460 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
So in Passkey it also means if you open the ripper BEFORE the disc is scanned, you need to close and re-open it. Not too bad for single disc backups... But it is a pain with box sets).
I wonder how PassKey would work in a PC with multiple BD drives. I'm used to using either DVD Fab Copy or MakeMKV to do a BD folder rip and will have 2 instances of either program running to rip from the two BD drives at the same time.

While RedFox has stated that license costs have not been ironed out, they have also stated that the lifetime option is not realistic for their new business model and is dead. The new software will be subscription, only -- they were pretty firm about that. They haven't decided on cost/time-period structure. That's why I specifically noted that PassKey has a lifetime option.

We'll see what eventually happens.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Last edited by Kelson; 04-20-2016 at 09:50 AM.
post #9461 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Liked: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I wonder how PassKey would work in a PC with multiple BD drives. I'm used to using either DVD Fab Copy or MakeMKV to do a BD folder rip and will have 2 instances of either program running to rip from the two BD drives at the same time.
I only have one physical drive but Passkey works with a disc in my BDR-209 and two iso images loaded as a two separate virtual device with Daemon Tools Lite simultaneously. Since it can handle one physical and two virtual drives I suspect it would work fine with multiple physical drives.
post #9462 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 11:16 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5193 Post(s)
Liked: 3101
Quote:
Anydvd HD rips the entire file/folder structure of a disc to a folder on your hard drive, or rips the disc to an ISO on your hard drive, while removing protections. It does not compress, filter out movie only, etc. So I probably say "do all" only as it pertains to removing protection.

As for Slysoft vs RedFox... Yes, Redfox is legit. From their forums, Redfox is made of the devs who worked for Slysoft before it was shut down. They are working on reviving AnyDVD.
Slysoft has/had software for compressing a BD/DVD that was used in conjunction with Any DVD HD. Not sure if it's still available though. I think it might be.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9463 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Slysoft has/had software for compressing a BD/DVD that was used in conjunction with Any DVD HD. Not sure if it's still available though. I think it might be.
https://www.redfox.bz/en/clonebd.html

I've paid for my sins. We're even!
post #9464 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I still like AnyDVD better. Anydvd just seems more "polished" with the way it works when discs are inserted/scanned, or if you rip the first disc, and eject it and put in the next... Like with Anydvd I can rip a disc, keep window open, insert the new disc, and it will see the new disc when scanning is complete and be ready to hit RIP button again.
good

Quote:
Passkey I have to keep the app/ripper closed, insert the disc, wait for scanning to complete, then open the "rip to folder".. hit rip, close the window, swap discs, wait for scanning to complete, re-launch "rip to folder", etc. So in Passkey it also means if you open the ripper BEFORE the disc is scanned, you need to close and re-open it. Not too bad for single disc backups... But it is a pain with box sets).
hmmm

Quote:
That being said.. PassKey is a suitable replacement considering we don't know how soon Redfox will start selling licenses again (they did post a guess, which the date has passed, and I saw another "within a week" but we don't know for sure), or how long they will be able to stick around. And with DVDFab's current offers, the price is not bad either. Depending on the cost difference based on what price Redfox finally offers Anydvd for, using Passkey could be even acceptable. (NOTE: I've seen the posts where pricing ideas were stated, but they did include text like "The pricing isn’t ironed out yet" and "is still worked out" so we don't know the 100% final decided upon prices... See -> https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redf...oncerns.68578/)
thanks for your comparison/contrast of the two products

Quote:
Apparently the OPD for AnyDVD is no longer accessible by the trial versions. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/star...8/#post-432965 and https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/star...8/#post-432993
I guess I will probably wait around a few weeks and see what happens with AnyDVD HD. I wish I had purchased it a while back (I was close to buying AnyDVD HD over a year ago and did'nt for what ever reason).

I own well over 1000 Redbook audio CD titles; a few hundred DVD movie titles; maybe 100 BluRay titles. I'd like to be able to rip content randomnly as desired for personal use. I have set-up a WD "MyCloud EX2" NAS on my network.

First of all I would like to reduce the physical shelf-space which the CD's consume. Then reduce the volume of DVD's,and so on.

I have accumulated quite an iTunes archive, much of which consist of CD titles I already own (out of convenience and laziness). I got a little tired of physically going back-and-forth to load a new CD title into my Sony SCD-XA5400ES audiophile player. Now I wish I never purchased duplicate iTunes music. After comparing iTunes-to-CD title respectively the CD's are much noticeably better sounding, the iTunes mp4's are definitely lossy. So I would like to build a lossless CD archive. I guess I could just rip/convert CD's to FLAC? How is Exact Audio Copy product?
post #9465 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Wireless member

Rip your CD's with iTunes to ALAC, Apple Lossless Audio Codec.

post #9466 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
good

hmmm

thanks for your comparison/contrast of the two products

I guess I will probably wait around a few weeks and see what happens with AnyDVD HD. I wish I had purchased it a while back (I was close to buying AnyDVD HD over a year ago and did'nt for what ever reason).

I own well over 1000 Redbook audio CD titles; a few hundred DVD movie titles; maybe 100 BluRay titles. I'd like to be able to rip content randomnly as desired for personal use. I have set-up a WD "MyCloud EX2" NAS on my network.

First of all I would like to reduce the physical shelf-space which the CD's consume. Then reduce the volume of DVD's,and so on.

I have accumulated quite an iTunes archive, much of which consist of CD titles I already own (out of convenience and laziness). I got a little tired of physically going back-and-forth to load a new CD title into my Sony SCD-XA5400ES audiophile player. Now I wish I never purchased duplicate iTunes music. After comparing iTunes-to-CD title respectively the CD's are much noticeably better sounding, the iTunes mp4's are definitely lossy. So I would like to build a lossless CD archive. I guess I could just rip/convert CD's to FLAC? How is Exact Audio Copy product?

I use EAC to make a FLAC copy of my CDs and am completely happy with the results. It is easy to use and fairly fast.

-B
Kelson and DotJun like this.
post #9467 of 10646 Old 04-20-2016, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
How is Exact Audio Copy product?
It rules since it supports AccurateRip. I'd also prefer FLAC over Apple Lossless any day.
Keenan, Kelson, mrfattbill and 1 others like this.

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #9468 of 10646 Old 04-21-2016, 04:50 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post
It rules since it supports AccurateRip. I'd also prefer FLAC over Apple Lossless any day.
What is the difference? Lossless is lossless.

Jeff

post #9469 of 10646 Old 04-21-2016, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:

Jeff
I prefer flac because the metadata support is better than for alac. I can put in multiple custom tags, tags with multiple values, things like that. For classical music such features are very handy.

If one lives in a world where album is the only grouping that matters then either would have been suitable.
post #9470 of 10646 Old 04-21-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Honestly, before you sweat the details about AnyDVD vs. PassKey, download a free copy of MakeMKV. MakeMKV has its own decrypter that works amazingly well for software that is in perpetual beta. So well, that you probably won't need a separate resident decrypter. Even though I have DVD Fab Copy, I started using MakeMKV a year ago to play with it and see how good it was -- its so good, I only use DVD Fab now maybe 1% of the time for specific tasks that MakeMKV doesn't do.

I have over 3000 DVD TV episodes on my server all ripped with MakeMKV without the need for another decrypter.

I have used MakeMKV to do full disk rips of a whole host of 2015 BluRay movies -- it has decrypted all of them on its own.
tcat, Ralarcon, Otter0911 and 1 others like this.

- kelson h

post #9471 of 10646 Old 04-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
I prefer flac because the metadata support is better than for alac. I can put in multiple custom tags, tags with multiple values, things like that. For classical music such features are very handy.

If one lives in a world where album is the only grouping that matters then either would have been suitable.
Good answer. (I really was asking, not being sarcastic!) Everyone's usage and preferences are different. My ALACs are used only in iTunes and my iPod. I have even converted all of my stereo and MCH hi-res titles to stereo ALAC. For my "critical" listening, I never play CDs (iTunes); it is always the hi-res discs or the FLACs/DSD files.

Jeff

post #9472 of 10646 Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 912
Quote:

Jeff
FLAC is supported by more players than ALAC. I own nothing Apple so ALAC is useless to me.
aaronwt, pepar and Lost Dog like this.

🔥🔥🔥 Sent from my Samsung Note 7 Using Ove Glove™ 🔥🔥🔥
post #9473 of 10646 Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Yeah, and one is under Apple's control, and the other isn't. It's also supported by more devices.
Lost Dog likes this.

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #9474 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Yeah, and one is under Apple's control, and the other isn't. It's also supported by more devices.
Apple open-sourced the ALAC software under an Apache license back in 2011. There's also an independently reversed-engineered version which made its way into libavcodec, used by VLC, MPlayer, HandBrake, and so forth.

Primary (2.1): Thiel CS 1.2 / Velodyne F1000 sub / Adcom GFA-555 Mk2 / Rotel 970BX / Sony CDP-CA9 ES
Secondary (5.1): Paradigm Mini-Monitor v.3 / CC270 v.3 center / ADP-170 v.2 surrounds /
SVS SB1000 sub / Marantz SR-6010 / AppleTV + Win7 PC / BenQ BL3200PT
post #9475 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
FLAC supported by iTunes or does not matter to anyone?
post #9476 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
FLAC supported by iTunes or does not matter to anyone?
Of course Apple doesn't play or support FLAC. Any more than they play or support MKV. Apple wants total control of their stuff. That's just one reason Apple doesn't matter to me.
Keenan, Lost Dog and mrfattbill like this.

post #9477 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Wireless member

Resistance is futile.

post #9478 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 10:35 AM

Personally, I think FLAC is easier to spell than ALAC.
mr266 likes this.

- kelson h

post #9479 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Of course Apple doesn't play or support FLAC. Any more than they play or support MKV. Apple wants total control of their stuff. That's just one reason Apple doesn't matter to me.
I'm talking about the people it does matter to - you know, like a few hundred million of them.
post #9480 of 10646 Old 04-22-2016, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
I'm talking about the people it does matter to - you know, like a few hundred million of them.
If you buy into the Apple ecosystem then you'll just have to live with their limitations. Fortunately changing FLAC to ALAC is a lossless albeit time consuming conversion. I'm not sure but you'll likely need an Android or Windows machine to do it. MKV to MP4 can also be lossless provided your MKV audio and video are one of the few that the MP4 container and Apple support. To me such conversions aren't worth the time and effort. If you are firmly entrenched in Apple Land I applaud your aplomb.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
3d blu-ray , blu ray , copier , Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player , home cinema , ripper

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page