Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 343 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2256Likes

post #10261 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I found this intriguing. Not so much for your workflow but for the inference that you are able to do other things while running Clown_BD. I have an i7 CPU and when I'm running Clown_BD, eac3to takes up all the cores and uses all the CPU so that I can basically do nothing useful other than say slowly navigate through some web pages -- and that is only if I remember to launch FireFox before I start Clown running.
I would start looking for something amiss at the motherboard level .. a BIOS setting, or maybe there is a later version of it with better support for your CPU? Then I'd look at Windows motherboard drivers.

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10262 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I found this intriguing. Not so much for your workflow but for the inference that you are able to do other things while running Clown_BD. I have an i7 CPU and when I'm running Clown_BD, eac3to takes up all the cores and uses all the CPU so that I can basically do nothing useful other than say slowly navigate through some web pages -- and that is only if I remember to launch FireFox before I start Clown running.
If you are using your C drive as a work space drive, this is likely your issue. I have several drives in my ripping PC. I use the C drive for nothing in ClownBD. I usually remux and demux to different drives (D and E, both 480 SSDs) and create ISO directly to my server over GB lan. Very fast and efficient and the ripping PC can be used as if nothing is going on. Good luck.

Mike

I've paid for my sins. We're even!
post #10263 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
I would start looking for something amiss at the motherboard level .. a BIOS setting, or maybe there is a later version of it with better support for your CPU? Then I'd look at Windows motherboard drivers.
A bios setting or drivers would not cause this. If that were the case the PC would act this way all the time. See my post above.

post #10264 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
The m2ts of The Martian, on which PotPlayer didn't display subs, worked perfectly in VLC. But I did need to select a sub track. While selecting, I did notice there were two English sub tracks even though I only selected Track 13. That is the forced track. Why were two tracks muxed in when I only selected one? MediaInfo also showed two tracks. Ditto Iron Man.

Jeff
Because of how ClownBD extracts forced subs into a separate track. In this case each and every sub in track 13 is flagged as forced, so the extracted track is identical.

I explain more detail in post #9914.
pepar likes this.
post #10265 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
A bios setting or drivers would not cause this. If that were the case the PC would act this way all the time. See my post above.
Just a guess here, I think he has been at this long enough to use separate work drives ... and I seem to remember this coming up before. My ISOs are on an external 5400rpm drive (that'll be added to my array when the ISO's are off) and I still get a 3 to 5 min time for eac3to pass 3 with very low CPU utilization. Something is amiss with his rig.

Last edited by pepar; 12-17-2016 at 01:28 PM.
post #10266 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 01:42 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
Because of how ClownBD extracts forced subs into a separate track. In this case each and every sub in track 13 is flagged as forced, so the extracted track is identical.

I explain more detail in post #9914.
Thanks.

I have just encountered my first title (Letters From Iwo Jima) where more than one line of subtitle text appears. And of course that places the second line outside of the 2.35:1 image. Which tool do I use to move the subs completely within the 2.35:1 and where in my workflow do I do that?

Jeff

post #10267 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Thanks.

I have just encountered my first title (Letters From Iwo Jima) where more than one line of subtitle text appears. And of course that places the second line outside of the 2.35:1 image. Which tool do I use to move the subs completely within the 2.35:1 and where in my workflow do I do that?

Jeff
Well for sounding like a broken record.

You could try Blu-Ray Ripper. On the third pass screen you can check Fix Cinemascope Subtitles. It will move all your subtitles into the viewable area.

For ClownBD you can use batch mode to interrupt the process and then use a subtitle editor to move them.
post #10268 of 10989 Old 12-17-2016, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 303
One is the subs for the hearing impaired... It subs the entire movie...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #10269 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 04:37 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkennethrose View Post
Well for sounding like a broken record.

You could try Blu-Ray Ripper. On the third pass screen you can check Fix Cinemascope Subtitles. It will move all your subtitles into the viewable area.

For ClownBD you can use batch mode to interrupt the process and then use a subtitle editor to move them.
Thanks, you seem to have thought of almost everything! But I need to output m2ts files. Guess I'll play around with Clown batch mode.

Jeff

Last edited by pepar; 12-18-2016 at 04:45 AM.
post #10270 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks, you seem to have thought of almost everything! But I need to output m2ts files. Guess I'll play around with Clown batch mode.

Jeff
You do know when a program outputs to Blu-Ray folder structure if you look in the \BDMV\STREAM folder you will find a single .M2TS file?

This is why it isn't top on my to do list. It just takes a second to rename and move the file. I am pretty sure you have to rename your files from ClownBD also.
captainbrent likes this.
post #10271 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 07:23 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
You do know when a program outputs to Blu-Ray folder structure if you look in the \BDMV\STREAM folder you will find a single .M2TS file?
I do know there is an m2ts file in the STREAM folder, but I never poked around beyond that and thought there were other files in the structure that contributed to playback.

Quote:
This is why it isn't top on my to do list. It just takes a second to rename and move the file. I am pretty sure you have to rename your files from ClownBD also.
Well, duh! I not only rename the outputted m2ts files to their IMDB names, but put them into similarly named folders.

I'll complete the "installation" of your ripper and give it a try.

Thanks again.

Jeff

post #10272 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I do know there is an m2ts file in the STREAM folder, but I never poked around beyond that and thought there were other files in the structure that contributed to playback.

Well, duh! I not only rename the outputted m2ts files to their IMDB names, but put them into similarly named folders.

I'll complete the "installation" of your ripper and give it a try.

Thanks again.

Jeff
There is no difference for playback between a M2TS only file or the M2TS in the \BDMV\STREAM directory. For the end user you really only lose chapter information which you said you don't care about anyway.

So I added output to M2TS only. It will use the disc label as filename. Enjoy.

You don't really need to "install". Its just a single .exe. If you use ClownBD you all ready have most of the background programs on your system. Just point the paths to them. You will need ffplay.exe from ffmpeg if you want to use the M2TS viewer but its not required to process a disc.

Last edited by jasonkennethrose; 12-18-2016 at 08:21 AM.
post #10273 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Wireless member

@jasonkennethrose - you have been busy! Your versioning has advanced .03 since you PM's me around noon.

post #10274 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
@jasonkennethrose - you have been busy! Your versioning has advanced .03 since you PM's me around noon.
There is a change log you can view to see what's changed. Just check here: Blu-Ray Ripper 0.069

I save small revisions so I don't change to many things at once.

Last edited by jasonkennethrose; 12-18-2016 at 02:15 PM.
post #10275 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
There is a change log you can view to see what's changed. Just check here: Blu-Ray Ripper 0.069

I save small revisions so I don't change to many things at once.
I used your ripper tool on Letters and it was truly a piece of cake to get all the subs into the 2.35:1 area! I want to read your documentation and determine how I would use your ripper to inspect the subtitle tracks, select the correct one and then allow it to proceed. As I've posted I currently use Kelson's "pre-rip, inspect, and rip again" process. It will be nice to not take that extra time.

Thanks again!

Jeff
blackssr likes this.

post #10276 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I used your ripper tool on Letters and it was truly a piece of cake to get all the subs into the 2.35:1 area! I want to read your documentation and determine how I would use your ripper to inspect the subtitle tracks, select the correct one and then allow it to proceed. As I've posted I currently use Kelson's "pre-rip, inspect, and rip again" process. It will be nice to not take that extra time.

Thanks again!

Jeff
On the third pass screen, (same place where Fix Cinemascope Subtitles is) just select all the subtitles you want to inspect and check Use Subtitle Editor. It will pause between demux and remux. At this point you can launch the Subtitle Editor and use it to look at all the subtitle tracks you demuxed. When you are done you can pick the subtitle tracks you want to keep and rearrange them in the order you like. If you are just looking at the subtitles don't use the Save button in the editor, just close it.

If you have any questions (specially if its about dealing with different forced subtitles types) just message me.
post #10277 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
On the third pass screen, (same place where Fix Cinemascope Subtitles is) just select all the subtitles you want to inspect and check Use Subtitle Editor. It will pause between demux and remux. At this point you can launch the Subtitle Editor and use it to look at all the subtitle tracks you demuxed. When you are done you can pick the subtitle tracks you want to keep and rearrange them in the order you like. If you are just looking at the subtitles don't use the Save button in the editor, just close it.

If you have any questions (specially if its about dealing with different forced subtitles types) just message me.
Thanks so much for your hard work. I am working on Captain America Civil War right now. The forced tracked is ignored by Clown_bd. I think I understand your program and how to get the forced track to display on my Dunes with ISOs. How does program handle 3D ISO creation and forced subs. I will try that next.

post #10278 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for your hard work. I am working on Captain America Civil War right now. The forced tracked is ignored by Clown_bd. I think I understand your program and how to get the forced track to display on my Dunes with ISOs. How does program handle 3D ISO creation and forced subs. I will try that next.
Unfortunately, I am very far away from supporting 3D. I have a few 3D discs but no way to play/display them to test. This would be very low on my priority but if there is something you would like, feel free to suggest. I will try and accommodate.

I will send you the message I sent to pepar about dealing with forced subtitles for beginners and advanced users.
post #10279 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am very far away from supporting 3D. I have a few 3D discs but no way to play/display them to test. This would be very low on my priority but if there is something you would like, feel free to suggest. I will try and accommodate.

I will send you the message I sent to pepar about dealing with forced subtitles for beginners and advanced users.
Just confirmed that Captain America Civil War forced subs created with your program now works with ISOs and the Dunes. IT DID NOT work with Clown_BD. Thanks Again. For 3D, I use tsMuxer for the 3D video and remux using the audio and forced subs from the 2D. I was hoping to avoid creating a 2D ISO from the 3D disc just to create a forced sub working ISO. Clown_BD does not create a 3D ISO. I do create a 2D ISO with forced subs and then create a 3D ISO with tsMuxer by muxing the 3D video and audio and forced subs from the 2D.

Last edited by blackssr; 12-18-2016 at 05:23 PM.
post #10280 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Why does the new forced track have to be above all others to work? or does it?

post #10281 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Why does the new forced track have to be above all others to work? or does it?
It doesn't mark the forced subtitle track as default. Depending on the player it might not see the forced subtitles in the second track. You could experiment if your player can handle them in a second track automatically.

This is the main reason I merge the normal and forced subtitle tracks together and only keep one subtitle track. It gives the maximum compatibility.
post #10282 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Just confirmed that Captain America Civil War forced subs created with your program now works with ISOs and the Dunes. IT DID NOT work with Clown_BD. Thanks Again. For 3D, I use tsMuxer for the 3D video and remux using the audio and forced subs from the 2D. I was hoping to avoid creating a 2D ISO from the 3D disc just to create a forced sub working ISO. Clown_BD does not create a 3D ISO. I do create a 2D ISO with forced subs and then create a 3D ISO with tsMuxer by muxing the 3D video and audio and forced subs from the 2D.
I just grabbed a Escape from Planet Earth 3D disc off the shelf. I know I supported AVC and MVC and its ripping the tracks. It didn't have any subtitle tracks so I will try another disc when this one is done. I might have supported 3D by mistake and didn't even know it.

I might need to add --right-eye but that is a simple fix. Kind of a bummer I thought I was stopping on 69.

Last edited by jasonkennethrose; 12-18-2016 at 06:09 PM.
post #10283 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It doesn't mark the forced subtitle track as default. Depending on the player it might not see the forced subtitles in the second track. You could experiment if your player can handle them in a second track automatically.

This is the main reason I merge the normal and forced subtitle tracks together and only keep one subtitle track. It gives the maximum compatibility.
The Dunes ignore it, if not the first track. Just tested The Avengers. If newly created track is not the first track the Dunes ignore it. If it is the first track then it plays as forced without user intervention. It works though. I am happy. I have over 1000 titles ripped with Clown_BD and only a handful have forced subs that are ignored due to them being forced but not marked. I have to remember which titles they are. I know Captain America Civil War, Gran Torino and The Avengers are a few. I also just confirmed Gran Torino and The Avengers are now working but only if the forced track is the first track. Maybe you can set the program to automatically move the newly created forced track to the top of the list when you save it after the edit? This would speed things up and less chance to forget to do it.

Last edited by blackssr; 12-18-2016 at 06:04 PM.
post #10284 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just grabbed a Escape from Planet Earth 3D disc off the shelf. I know I supported AVC and MVC and its ripping the tracks. It didn't have any subtitle tracks so I will try another disc when this one is done. I might have supported 3D by mistake and didn't even know it.

I might need to add --right-eye but that is a simple fix. Kind of a bummer I thought I was stopping on 69.
Awesome Job.... 3D works perfectly and combined subs works flawlessly. Forced subs work as designed in Captain America Civil War 3D. More testing to come.

Thanks again,

Mike

post #10285 of 10989 Old 12-18-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Awesome Job.... 3D works perfectly and combined subs works flawlessly. Forced subs work as designed in Captain America Civil War 3D. More testing to come.

Thanks again,

Mike
I still need to add --right-eye for better compatibility. For 3D subtitles I am reading a lot about the 3D planes and how the subtitles depend on matching the correct 3D plane information in the .mpls. I have heard rumors that tsMuxer uses the .m2ts to get the 3D plane information. I think this is what causes some subtitles not to display properly when people use tsMuxer. I am trying to figure out how I can extract the 3D plane information from the .mpls to get the correct 3D plane information.

It's hard to work on and test things when I cannot actually play a 3D movie. I do like your idea about automatically checking and moving the forced subtitle track. I will work that out soon.
post #10286 of 10989 Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Wireless member

Quote:

Do users have an option which sub editor they use? I have become accustomed to SupRip.

Jeff

post #10287 of 10989 Old 12-19-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Do users have an option which sub editor they use? I have become accustomed to SupRip.

Jeff
You cannot choose a different editor. BDSup2Sub is used in the background from command line. The frontend interface is what I wrote for my needs to view and or merge subtitles. The tutorial shows each screen and option. If just viewing the subtitle tracks there really isn't anything hard about selecting a track and moving through the events to see what's in the track. It only gets involved if you choose to merge subtitle tracks together, which I don't think SupRip does.

Anyways I said I wouldn't clog up this thread with my own support. If you have any direct questions about how to accomplish something send me a private message. I will gladly help you out. If its a general Blu-Ray authoring question I will answer it here.
pepar likes this.
post #10288 of 10989 Old 12-19-2016, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
If you use MKV files, I just use Handbrake to convert the video files to MKV or MP4 (you can select the compression rate to whatever you want). Select the subtitle tab, select add subtitle and select subtitle 13 and select burn-in. The subs will appear on screen in the resulting file.
i have a makemkv file with lossless audio/video. all i want to do is burn in the subtitle track, and preserve the a/v exactly as it is. will handbrake let me do that?? or does it always compress/encode? for audio i assume "auto passthru" will keep it untouched. but the video settings confuse me with no passthru option.
post #10289 of 10989 Old 12-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhuey View Post
i have a makemkv file with lossless audio/video. all i want to do is burn in the subtitle track, and preserve the a/v exactly as it is. will handbrake let me do that?? or does it always compress/encode? for audio i assume "auto passthru" will keep it untouched. but the video settings confuse me with no passthru option.
What you want to do isn't possible without re-encoding the video; it's like saying "I want my car to have pinstripes and a flame job, but leave the original paint untouched". When you burn in subtitles, they become part of the video, in effect leaving you with a whole new video. You could probably crank up the quality in Handbrake to the point where the difference in quality is imperceptible. but the video will be re-encoded. And that's what Handbrake is designed to do.
post #10290 of 10989 Old 12-19-2016, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisuck View Post
What you want to do isn't possible without re-encoding the video;
oh. yeah. that makes sense. i was thinking the subtitle track was like a removable flame decal, which normally i guess they are, but obviously burned-in subtitles would be different. thanks for the explanation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
3d blu-ray , blu ray , copier , Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player , home cinema , ripper

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page