Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 346 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2260Likes

post #10351 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1727 Post(s)
Liked: 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
When I open up a video and go to presets , import from file it says Preset Files (*.json;*.plist) and I can select the *.plist file.
Have you tried importing presets before loading a video?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10352 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 29
That option isn't available until you import a video.

"You’re KILLIN’ ME Smalls! "

Sony 55EX500 Settings
post #10353 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2hart View Post
I experienced forced subtitle track issues for Avatar in the past with Clown_BD. I repaired the sup file using BDSup2Sub and used clown batch mode to place it in meta file and muxed it into iso. Been testing BluRay Ripper by @jasonkennethrose and I like / am impressed by it. It appears to demux using same program as Clown and therefore as expected I see the same sup file issue. The second English track contains the forced subtitles that are controlled by java.

The first subtitle has a start time of about 11 minutes and an end time of about 4 minutes for a negative duration. The next few titles then have start time issues. Does anyone know what causes this issue? I've got a good movie only rip but am curious in case this comes up in a future rip.

Zipped copy of sup attached.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
I *just* did this one. JKR's program extracted 75 forced subs which was 8 short of what the spreadsheet. I switched to Clown and it pulled 83 out. I didn't remux with it though. I examined the subs, deleted the wrong one and then loaded video, audio and forced sub track into tsMuxeR for the M2TS.
Avatar has 3 type 1 forced subtitles tracks (Normal + Forced subtitle events same track) and 1 type 3 forced subtitle track (Unmarked Forced subtitle events).

Track 9 English 1952 Normal 83 Forced Events
Track 10 Spanish 1270 Normal 87 Forced Events
Track 11 Portuguese 1267 Normal 85 Forced Events
Track 12 French 83 Unmarked Forced Events

There is no need to extract the 83 forced events. Leaving them inside the track, players will detect and display them as long as the track is the "default", first track, or only track.

I agree Blu-Ray Ripper does only extract 75 events. I will look into why this is happening. It looks like there are warnings associated with the events that are not being extracted. But again I would never extract type 1 subtitle tracks. This is why I never saw this issue.

If you want English forced subtitle events just use the untouched track 9 with the normal and forced events.

post #10354 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1727 Post(s)
Liked: 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
That option isn't available until you import a video.
That apparently is a Windows thing. On my Windows 7 PC I just exported all of my custom presets, then I installed the new version of Handbrake. You are right, I couldn't import a preset without having a video loaded. I loaded a video and tried importing my presets and got the same error message you got.

With the new version of Handbrake on Linux I can import my presets without having a video loaded and I don't get any error messages. So what I did as a work-around was import all of my old Windows presets into Handbrake in Linux, then export them again as .json, then import the .json preset files into the new Handbrake on my Windows PC. I think that worked. They are all there but I didn't try to process any videos with them yet.
post #10355 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkennethrose View Post
Avatar has 3 type 1 forced subtitles tracks (Normal + Forced subtitle events same track) and 1 type 3 forced subtitle track (Unmarked Forced subtitle events).

Track 9 English 1952 Normal 83 Forced Events
Track 10 Spanish 1270 Normal 87 Forced Events
Track 11 Portuguese 1267 Normal 85 Forced Events
Track 12 French 83 Unmarked Forced Events

There is no need to extract the 83 forced events. Leaving them inside the track, players will detect and display them as long as the track is the "default", first track, or only track.

I agree Blu-Ray Ripper does only extract 75 events. I will look into why this is happening. It looks like there are warnings associated with the events that are not being extracted. But again I would never extract type 1 subtitle tracks. This is why I never saw this issue.

If you want English forced subtitle events just use the untouched track 9 with the normal and forced events.

@jasonkennethrose , Blu Ray Ripper is an excellent tool and will be my movie only rip method going forward.

It appears my issue is caused by the version of Avatar I own. Per attached screen capture, English are the 10 and 15th tracks. The 10th track is all English subtitles and none of them are marked as forced. Track 15 is English version of Navi only and they are not marked as forced which I assume are turned on via java (my first post has the sup file obtained with 83 captions and it does contain warnings/errors including the first few with bad stop and start times -- I corrected timings by reviewing track 10).

With Clown, I used batch mode and placed a pause in the bat file so I could insert the correct sup file with proper timing and captions marked as forced that was then listed as the first captions in the meta file.

Blu Ray Ripper accounts for the Type 3 titles based on files size -- Excellent! However, do you agree that the sup file has issues which would still need to be corrected to get proper playback?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1858345  
post #10356 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2hart View Post
@jasonkennethrose , Blu Ray Ripper is an excellent tool and will be my movie only rip method going forward.

It appears my issue is caused by the version of Avatar I own. Per attached screen capture, English are the 10 and 15th tracks. The 10th track is all English subtitles and none of them are marked as forced. Track 15 is English version of Navi only and they are not marked as forced which I assume are turned on via java (my first post has the sup file obtained with 83 captions and it does contain warnings/errors including the first few with bad stop and start times -- I corrected timings by reviewing track 10).

With Clown, I used batch mode and placed a pause in the bat file so I could insert the correct sup file with proper timing and captions marked as forced that was then listed as the first captions in the meta file.

Blu Ray Ripper accounts for the Type 3 titles based on files size -- Excellent! However, do you agree that the sup file has issues which would still need to be corrected to get proper playback?
Update to my above post.

Avatar does have 83 forced subtitles in the English subtitle track.

ClownBD does not force reading subtitle tracks based on FPS. If you do some searches on BDSup2Sub you find information about the bug and having to specify FPS. ClownBD does specify writing by FPS but it will result in issues if the file was not read correctly. ClownBD does detect 83 forced events and extracts 83 forced events. If you look at all 83 events you will find 25 of them are blank.

Blu-Ray Ripper forces FPS when reading and writing subtitle tracks. This was to work around the bug in BDSup2Sub. Blu-Ray Ripper detects the normal subtitle track with 83 forced subtitle events. It will also extract 75 events if you choose to only use forced subtitles. However those 75 events contain 17 blank events.

If you do the math 83-25=58 and 75-17=58. There are really only 58 forced events in Avatar and the rest are blank. Using either ClownBD or Blu-Ray Ripper you will get the same displayed forced events but one will give you less blank events based on proper FPS read and writing.

This goes back to my initial comment about not extracting type 1 forced subtitle tracks (Normal and forced events in same track). The studio created this track and by using a 3rd party program to extract the information you are hoping it is doing its job correctly. If you look at the BDSup2Sub.log that ClownDB creates you will see all the warnings about extracting the Avatar English subtitle track.

The whole goal behind Blu-Ray Ripper was to create type 1 forced subtitle tracks from type 2 or 3. Not rip type 1 tracks apart. Type 1 tracks are the best form of a forced subtitle track unless you just want a single subtitle track with only forced subtitles. But why do that when a type 1 track is maybe 40megs tops and studio mastered.

Last edited by jasonkennethrose; 12-28-2016 at 11:53 AM.
post #10357 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2030 Post(s)
Liked: 1209
Quote:
That is not universal and is hardware dependent. Many stand-alone players will not handle forced subs automatically and will only play discrete subtitle tracks. For those players the forced subs need to be in a separate track that can be turned on when you watch the title. That includes Plex which has to be told at the server level which sub track to activate when the title is played.

Quote:
The whole goal behind Blu-Ray Ripper was to create type 1 forced subtitle tracks from type 2 or 3. Not rip type 1 tracks apart. Type 1 tracks are the best form of a forced subtitle track unless you just want a single subtitle track with only forced subtitles. But why do that when a type 1 track is maybe 40megs tops and studio mastered.
Which means people should indeed give your program a try -- and I commend you for your efforts to write a front end that meets your particular needs -- but they should look to make sure the output you prefer is compatible with their playback equipment.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Last edited by Kelson; 12-28-2016 at 12:05 PM.
post #10358 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
That is not universal and is hardware dependent. Many stand-alone players will not handle forced subs automatically and will only play discrete subtitle tracks. For those players the forced subs need to be in a separate track that can be turned on when you watch the title. That includes Plex which has to be told at the server level which sub track to activate when the title is played.

Which means people should indeed give your program a try -- and I commend you for your efforts to write a front end that meets your particular needs -- but they should look to make sure the output you prefer is compatible with their playback equipment.
My program does give you the choice of a plain extracted track. I agree users should know what there player supports. If your player supports type 1 then you should not use the extracted track. If it doesn't, use the extracted track.
post #10359 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 62
HELP with ClownBD
All - I can't get ClownBD to rip the TrueHD audio. I get this error each time (and yes, eact3.exe is updated). ANY help is appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out.

PHP Code:
eac3to v3.29
command line
"C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "L:" 1)  1"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Chapters_1.txt" 2"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Video_2.*" 3"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Audio_3_English.THD+AC3"   5"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Subtitles_5_English.sup" 6"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Subtitles_6_English.sup" -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS1 video track2 audio tracks2 subtitle tracks1:59:1824p /1.001
Chapters16 chapters
h264/AVC1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3TrueHD/AC3English5.1 channels96kHzdialnorm: -22dB

(embeddedAC35.1 channels448kbps48kHzdialnorm: -22dB)
4TrueHD/AC3Japanese5.1 channels96kHzdialnorm: -22dB

5Subtitle (PGS), English
Subtitle (PGS), English
Creating file 
"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Chapters_1.txt"...
[
a03thd960005.1
[a03Extracting audio track number 3...
[
s05Extracting subtitle track number 5...
[
v02Extracting video track number 2...
[
a03Extracting audio track number 3...
[
s06Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[
a03Extracting TrueHD stream...
[
a03Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[
[
[
a03Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[
a03Remapping channels...
[
a03Encoding AC3 <640kbpswith libAften...
[
a03Initialization of the AC3 encoder failed.  <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 1048576.  <ERROR

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #10360 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post
HELP with ClownBD
All - I can't get ClownBD to rip the TrueHD audio. I get this error each time (and yes, eact3.exe is updated). ANY help is appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out.

PHP Code:
eac3to v3.29
command line
"C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "L:" 1)  1"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Chapters_1.txt" 2"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Video_2.*" 3"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Audio_3_English.THD+AC3"   5"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Subtitles_5_English.sup" 6"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Subtitles_6_English.sup" -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS1 video track2 audio tracks2 subtitle tracks1:59:1824p /1.001
Chapters16 chapters
h264/AVC1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3TrueHD/AC3English5.1 channels96kHzdialnorm: -22dB

4TrueHD/AC3Japanese5.1 channels96kHzdialnorm: -22dB

5Subtitle (PGS), English
Subtitle (PGS), English
Creating file 
"C:\Users\wryker\Documents\Demux\Chapters_1.txt"...
[
a03thd960005.1
[a03Extracting audio track number 3...
[
s05Extracting subtitle track number 5...
[
v02Extracting video track number 2...
[
a03Extracting audio track number 3...
[
s06Extracting subtitle track number 6...
[
[
[
[
[
a03Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[
a03Remapping channels...
[
a03Encoding AC3 <640kbpswith libAften...
[
a03Initialization of the AC3 encoder failed.  <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 1048576.  <ERROR
Download newest version 3.31.

eac3to

Looks like you are missing libaften from the eac3to directory.
post #10361 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 01:48 PM

Update to Avatar subtitles.

Doing some testing I am now seeing different results.

Last version of ClownBD use BDSup2Sub 4.0.0
Blu-Ray Ripper uses BDSup2Sub 5.1.2

There seems to be an issue with 5.1.2 when dealing with the 83 events from the Avatar track. I am trying to isolate the issue but I do know that version 4.0.0 has other issues that affect that version. Even using 5.1.2 to view the output of 4.0.0 only shows 58 displayable events of the 83.
post #10362 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Download newest version 3.31.

eac3to

Looks like you are missing libaften from the eac3to directory.
I already did and same error - thus my frustration.

Last edited by Wryker; 12-28-2016 at 02:24 PM.
post #10363 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0&l=6111eef891

post #10364 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
I already did and same error - thus my frustration.

What Movie? or all movies with TrueHD?

I've paid for my sins. We're even!
post #10365 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

This program is a match made in heaven for the Dunes. It should be included with every unit purchased. Not since Clown has there been a more efficient program to rip for the Dune series.

post #10366 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2030 Post(s)
Liked: 1209
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
This program is a match made in heaven for the Dunes. It should be included with every unit purchased. Not since Clown has there been a more efficient program to rip for the Dune series.
I intend to give it a try the next time I get a BD with forced subs.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #10367 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What Movie? or all movies with TrueHD?
TrueHD movies only If I select the TrueHD/AC3 audio AND the AC3 audio it rips it BUT I only get the AC3 downmixed audio - not TrueHD

post #10368 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I intend to give it a try the next time I get a BD with forced subs.
Clown has served my well over the years but never handled the Java based forced subs. This program does. For me and my clients I have no reason not to recommend it. It does everything Clown does and more. I rip only main movie, HD audio, subs and forced subs and create ISO. The Dunes love this method.

post #10369 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
TrueHD movies only If I select the TrueHD/AC3 audio AND the AC3 audio it rips it BUT I only get the AC3 downmixed audio - not TrueHD
If you choose only True HD does it work and give you True HD track? So it fails when both are selected?

post #10370 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you choose only True HD does it work and give you True HD track? So it fails when both are selected?
No - it fails when I ONLY select TrueHD. If I select both it works but I don't get TrueHD - just Dolby.

post #10371 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No - it fails when I ONLY select TrueHD. If I select both it works but I don't get TrueHD - just Dolby.
Got it now. Strange for sure. My internet is acting up at my home. Comcast is due out tomorrow morning. If they fix it, I will be happy to remote in and assist if you would like. Is your ripping machine a Win 7 or Win 10?

post #10372 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Got it now. Strange for sure. My internet is acting up at my home. Comcast is due out tomorrow morning. If they fix it, I will be happy to remote in and assist if you would like. Is your ripping machine a Win 7 or Win 10?
Win10

post #10373 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Weird thing with Batman vs Superman DOJ UE the program is running but this disc has TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos) and working but the other is just TrueHD/AC3. I'll see what other JUST TrueHD BD's I have to try.

post #10374 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Win10
I've had several of my clients upgrade to Win 10 and had issues with Clown. Not your issue, but Clown would not complete. It would just hang towards the end. I have 38 clients with Dunes and Servers. 7 of them upgraded early on and Clown failed. They reverted back and all had been good. Do you have a Win 7 machine left in the home?

Others have had similar issues:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...-in-Windows-10

Please note this was an earlier build of 10, things may be different now so take it for what it is. Just one possibility. If you want my help remotely, PM me.

One more thing... I had quickly assembled a test mule Win 10 ripping station at that time and duplicated the issue. Never found a reliable solution so I just had them stay on 7, as did I.

Last edited by blackssr; 12-28-2016 at 03:26 PM.
post #10375 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Weird thing with Batman vs Superman DOJ UE the program is running but this disc has TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos) and working but the other is just TrueHD/AC3. I'll see what other JUST TrueHD BD's I have to try.
I bet the movie you are trying to rip is TrueHD 7.1 and it is made up of multiple M2TS's.

Eac3to.exe can handle TrueHD 5.1, TrueHD 5.1 seamless branched, and TrueHD 7.1.

Eac3to.exe cannot handle TrueHD 7.1 seamless branched without processing into a WAV first. It uses libaften to complete this process. You can see it in your logs.

For some reason libaften is failing. I have heard of issues with large WAV's and your file system. Is there any chance you are using a hard drive that is partitioned FAT32 or something besides NTFS?
post #10376 of 11009 Old 12-28-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
I *just* did this one. JKR's program extracted 75 forced subs which was 8 short of what the spreadsheet. I switched to Clown and it pulled 83 out. I didn't remux with it though. I examined the subs, deleted the wrong one and then loaded video, audio and forced sub track into tsMuxeR for the M2TS.
Thanks for finding this. I reverted BDSub2Sup back to 4.0.0 and now all 83 are detected and extracted.

0.093 now uses 4.0.0 and will not work with 5.1.2 anymore. The files.zip contains the BDSup2Sub 4.0.0.
pepar and blackssr like this.
post #10377 of 11009 Old 12-29-2016, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 65
MakeMKV sees multiple 800.mpl files for The Phantom Menace. The only difference being the Angles.

I selected Angle 1. Is this what everyone else chose?

Panasonic TC-P60VT60 Plasma • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray Player • Apple TV 4 • Yamaha RX‑A1050 AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 Speaker System
post #10378 of 11009 Old 12-29-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I bet the movie you are trying to rip is TrueHD 7.1 and it is made up of multiple M2TS's.

Eac3to.exe can handle TrueHD 5.1, TrueHD 5.1 seamless branched, and TrueHD 7.1.

Eac3to.exe cannot handle TrueHD 7.1 seamless branched without processing into a WAV first. It uses libaften to complete this process. You can see it in your logs.

For some reason libaften is failing. I have heard of issues with large WAV's and your file system. Is there any chance you are using a hard drive that is partitioned FAT32 or something besides NTFS?
The more I think about it - the more I believe it's a Win10 issue. Is anyone on this thread and NOT having TrueHD issues running Win10?
My drives are NTSF.

post #10379 of 11009 Old 12-29-2016, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ripping Blu-Rays II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
MakeMKV sees multiple 800.mpl files for The Phantom Menace. The only difference being the Angles.

I selected Angle 1. Is this what everyone else chose?

Star Wars have multiple angles with different languages rolling by on the movie intro. If you see the desired language at start the you got it.
gossamer88 likes this.
post #10380 of 11009 Old 12-29-2016, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The more I think about it - the more I believe it's a Win10 issue. Is anyone on this thread and NOT having TrueHD issues running Win10?
My drives are NTSF.
Did you try on another Win 7 machine? If not, create a VM and test it virtually.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
3d blu-ray , blu ray , copier , Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player , home cinema , ripper

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page