Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 364 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2241Likes

post #10891 of 10896 Old 08-09-2017, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
Illegal?
I'm not asking about ripping rentals. Redbox also sells discs at the kiosk. I wasn't sure if they were just getting rid of old rental discs or if they were new retail versions.
Sammy2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 10896 Old 08-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyauditor View Post
After ripped to my NAS via Make MKV, I am not able to play back through XBox One (Synology media server). Do I need to perform extra steps during ripping or need to convert to mkv? Any app that can make the file easily readable via Xbox One?
Howdy, @nyauditor --

Start with https://handbrake.fr/ -- it will convert the BDMV rip from MakeMKV into a .mp4 file, and it has preset tunings available specifically for both the Xbox 360 and XBOne.

Primary (2.1): Thiel CS 1.2 / Velodyne F1000 sub / Adcom GFA-555 Mk2 / Rotel 970BX / Sony CDP-CA9 ES
Secondary (5.1): Paradigm Mini-Monitor v.3 / CC270 v.3 center / ADP-170 v.2 surrounds /
SVS SB1000 sub / Marantz SR-6010 / AppleTV + Win7 PC / BenQ BL3200PT
post #10893 of 10896 Old 08-10-2017, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cswiger View Post
Howdy, @nyauditor --

Start with https://handbrake.fr/ -- it will convert the BDMV rip from MakeMKV into a .mp4 file, and it has preset tunings available specifically for both the Xbox 360 and XBOne.

Thank you.

post #10894 of 10896 Old 08-10-2017, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyauditor View Post
After ripped to my NAS via Make MKV, I am not able to play back through XBox One (Synology media server). Do I need to perform extra steps during ripping or need to convert to mkv? Any app that can make the file easily readable via Xbox One?
Alternately from changing to MP4 you can use Emby Server which will transcode on the fly to whatever device you are playing the content on. If the device supports full 1:1 HD or even 4K then you get that. If it doesn't, you still get to view it on your xbone. You need some decent specs under the hood of the machine running the Emby Server to do the on the fly transcoding though. My Devil's Canyon Haswell i5 does quite well with this task and will also do WMC and extenders all at the same time.

post #10895 of 10896 Old 08-14-2017, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Ok, I'm driving myself crazy trying to remember the magic google phrase I used, but when I began researching ripping my collection a couple weeks back, I came across a db style list, either here or elsewhere, that was basically a compilation of which titles from a given disc contained the actual movie. Now that I have my NAS set up and have started the great ripping project, I can't for the life of me find that list again. Anyone familiar with it?

So far I've done pretty well, but have hit a few snags, most recently Deathly Hallows part 1. There are 4 "long" titles on the disc, 2 pairs of identical lengths. I'm guessing the longer ones are the maximum movie mode thing they did but I can't figure out which of the shorter two would be the right choice, or what the difference is between them. Google has been uncooperative in this particular quest.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
post #10896 of 10896 Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
Ok, I'm driving myself crazy trying to remember the magic google phrase I used, but when I began researching ripping my collection a couple weeks back, I came across a db style list, either here or elsewhere, that was basically a compilation of which titles from a given disc contained the actual movie. Now that I have my NAS set up and have started the great ripping project, I can't for the life of me find that list again. Anyone familiar with it?

So far I've done pretty well, but have hit a few snags, most recently Deathly Hallows part 1. There are 4 "long" titles on the disc, 2 pairs of identical lengths. I'm guessing the longer ones are the maximum movie mode thing they did but I can't figure out which of the shorter two would be the right choice, or what the difference is between them. Google has been uncooperative in this particular quest.
If you're using ANYDVDHD see if the correct playlist appears when you open the program.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
3d blu-ray , blu ray , copier , Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player , home cinema , ripper

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page