AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

Ok. Another question:
Is there a way to remux a 3D .iso to a smaller 3D .iso (max 25gb)? I ask this because with 2D .iso you can 'extraxt' only the main movie with tsmuxer to the end result is a max 25gb file WITHOUT any re-encoding done (no quality loss). Would like to know if this is possible for a 3D .iso (so I can use 25Gb discs to burn on instead of the much more expensive Dual-Layer discs)

An alternative sander [to shrink the iso files so they will fit on a bd25] is fabs bd copy which will convert to a sbs iso file with imgburn . This can be burned or left as a file If you have a good upscaler it is very close to a full iso quality . You can make this a main movie iso or a full disc version atm . If you burn it another advantage is its theoretically compatible with a 2d bluray player as its still 1080p/24

Maybe try the free trial to see if it meets your approval ; the latest firmware lets you mount a mini iso [nice small file] as a bd folder on your computer as a bd50 using dvdfab virtual drive . Ive not tried it myself as I use a oppo 95 with iso [frozen in time ]

Quote:

New: Added support to copy Blu-ray 3D disc/iso to Blu-ray 3D folder using "Copy [b]as Blu-ray 3D".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt View Post

An alternative sander [to shrink the iso files so they will fit on a bd25] is fabs bd copy which will convert to a sbs iso file with imgburn . This can be burned or left as a file If you have a good upscaler it is very close to a full iso quality . You can make this a main movie iso or a full disc version atm . If you burn it another advantage is its theoretically compatible with a 2d bluray player as its still 1080p/24

Maybe try the free trial to see if it meets your approval ; the latest firmware lets you mount a mini iso [nice small file] as a bd folder on your computer as a bd50 using dvdfab virtual drive . Ive not tried it myself as I use a oppo 95 with iso [frozen in time ]

Thanks for your reply, but that s not what I m looking for. I m looking for a way to REMUX a 3D Blu-Ray .iso to get an exact 1:1 of the 3D movie. No matter how close a re-encode gets to a full iso, I just want to have 1:1.
post #1203 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for your reply, but that s not what I m looking for. I m looking for a way to REMUX a 3D Blu-Ray .iso to get an exact 1:1 of the 3D movie. No matter how close a re-encode gets to a full iso, I just want to have 1:1.

No problem at all ;I have an aversion to enormous files [ captain america 3d is 44gb ] any shrinking me likey Its fine if you have plenty of tb's ;its a tradeoff..

Using the main movie mode its easy to get rid of surplus audio ;subtitle and feature extras . After losing 1/2 a dozen lossy audio tracks you can lose quite a few gb's easily But this can only be sbs ..
post #1204 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Same deal, an ISO is just a folder rip in a single ISO contain, same exact output otherwise

Is that true when it's one of the hybrid discs that has both video and data on it? I should dig one of those out to see what the difference might be in that situation, if any at all.
post #1205 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Any IMGBURN users out here?:

I want to burn my 2D movies on a BR disc. The movies are BDMV+CERTIFICATE folder. I checked the guides on the imgburn community but cannot find a guide for BDMV+CERTIFICATE burning on BR disc.

Someone has a step-by-step guide how to do this exactly? (pc noobish guide please )

Thanks
post #1206 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 05:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlindner View Post

Is that true when it's one of the hybrid discs that has both video and data on it? I should dig one of those out to see what the difference might be in that situation, if any at all.

Not sure I understand. If you rip the full disc you are ripping it exactly as is the disc itself. You then throw those exact contents into an ISO. You are in no way manipulating the disc doing this

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #1207 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

Same deal, an ISO is just a folder rip in a single ISO contain, same exact output otherwise

I'll try it again and see if it works the same as the ISO do with PCH. So, all the folders stuck in one folder with the movie name and (year)? Do I rename the file in the folders that contains the movie?

Jeff
post #1208 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

I'll try it again and see if it works the same as the ISO do with PCH. So, all the folders stuck in one folder with the movie name and (year)? Do I rename the file in the folders that contains the movie?

Jeff

You don't touch any of the folders. You simply rename the root folder to the name of the movie and that is it. If ISOs work for you, you don't have to worry about trying different methods. Keeping as a folder rip works perfectly for me across all my players

Cheers,
Damian

post #1209 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:

Any IMGBURN users out here?:

I want to burn my 2D movies on a BR disc. The movies are BDMV+CERTIFICATE folder. I checked the guides on the imgburn community but cannot find a guide for BDMV+CERTIFICATE burning on BR disc.

Someone has a step-by-step guide how to do this exactly? (pc noobish guide please )

Thanks

It's quite simple, really. If you have the folder structure:

title_name
|_BDMV
|_CERTIFICATE

You select "Write files/folder to disk" in ImgBurn then browse for and select the "title_name" folder. ImgBurn will recognize that it is BD-Video and set the proper options for data type, mode and UDF version. You then just make sure you are burning your BD-R at its rated speed and go.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1210 of 6229 Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Wireless member

Quote:

You don't touch any of the folders. You simply rename the root folder to the name of the movie and that is it. If ISOs work for you, you don't have to worry about trying different methods. Keeping as a folder rip works perfectly for me across all my players

After having done twelve out of several hundred Blu-rays, I can see where the time that ImgBurn takes to generate the ISO from the folder structure is better saved if it is not necessary. And apparently, it is not.

Jeff
post #1211 of 6229 Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

It's quite simple, really. If you have the folder structure:

title_name
|_BDMV
|_CERTIFICATE

You select "Write files/folder to disk" in ImgBurn then browse for and select the "title_name" folder. ImgBurn will recognize that it is BD-Video and set the proper options for data type, mode and UDF version. You then just make sure you are burning your BD-R at its rated speed and go.

thxz for your reply!

And do you maybe know what the best and most simple way is to add external (srt) subtitles to a BDMV+CERTIFICATE Blu-Ray folder structure?
post #1212 of 6229 Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post

I do the same in my work-flow. However, seems like MakeMKV always detects "English Forced" even when not in movie.

What I have it do is get all English Subtitles. Test in VLC and find which English track is forced, and then run it through MKVMerge GUI and set the right one.

I would be nice to be able to analyze a disc and see if it even has a Forced Sub. Or even better ... just have MakeMKV take care of it all when required.

MakeMKV always has the option to select a forced SUB even if they are not there. When it detects "any" subtitle track, it will automatically give you an option for a forced sub only of that track whether they are there or not.

For my purposes I care less about subs except for forced subs of the main title to get the occasional foreign (or alien) subtitles in an otherwise subtitle-less movie. So for my workflow as a rule I select only the forced sub option under the first English subtitle track.

I always end up with forced subs of the main title if they exist, and there are no extra steps in the already fast MakeMKV ripping process. Checking the forced subs box doesn't hurt anything if they are not there so, in a sense, it is automatically taken care of.
post #1213 of 6229 Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Liked: 13
some forced subtitles are contained in a separate track alone.. albeit very few do this... star wars i think was an example though...
post #1214 of 6229 Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog100 View Post

MakeMKV always has the option to select a forced SUB even if they are not there. When it detects "any" subtitle track, it will automatically give you an option for a forced sub only of that track whether they are there or not.

For my purposes I care less about subs except for forced subs of the main title to get the occasional foreign (or alien) subtitles in an otherwise subtitle-less movie. So for my workflow as a rule I select only the forced sub option under the first English subtitle track.

I always end up with forced subs of the main title if they exist, and there are no extra steps in the already fast MakeMKV ripping process. Checking the forced subs box doesn't hurt anything if they are not there so, in a sense, it is automatically taken care of.

Avatar and Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) are good examples.

Maybe it's because I want and select English and English Forced ... but when I do that, and I play without SubTitles, even the Forced ones don't appear. Unless, I do the MKVMergeGUI step.

post #1215 of 6229 Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thxz for your reply!

And do you maybe know what the best and most simple way is to add external (srt) subtitles to a BDMV+CERTIFICATE Blu-Ray folder structure?

no ideas anyone?
post #1216 of 6229 Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quote:

no ideas anyone?

Not tried this making hd dvd's into bluray m2ts files sander but tsmuxer may help convert srt subtitles to bluray PGS type and mux them

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR
post #1217 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quick question regarding DVDFab: when creating a clone ISO of a 3D blu-ray disc, does DVDFab remove the security inherent on the disc? If I were to create a full disc copy (not clone) ISO would that have the security removed?

I'm trying to troubleshoot what I think is a security issue with some of my 3D blu discs, and a security-free ISO would greatly help.
post #1218 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roknrol View Post

does DVDFab remove the security inherent on the disc?

Yes.
post #1219 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Even for bit-for-bit clone ISOs? (This is the part that's throwing me.)

Clone ISO = bit-for-bit copy without security
Full Disc Copy ISO = complete disc folder structure within ISO container without security

True?
post #1220 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Wireless member

From the DVDFab website -

"Copy any Blu-ray
DVDFab Blu-ray Copy removes all known copy protections including the newest MKB v26 and bus encryption; removes all known BD+ copy protections up to newest generation 10; removes BD-Live, and UOPs. So it can decrypt and copy any Blu-ray."
post #1221 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Thank you for double-confirming the assumption I was operating under!

When troubleshooting you sometimes start to question things you otherwise took for granted ....
post #1222 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Wireless member

The encryption/copy protection *has* to be removed before it can be copied. That's what it's called copy protection.
post #1223 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roknrol View Post

Thank you for double-confirming the assumption I was operating under!

When troubleshooting you sometimes start to question things you otherwise took for granted ....

I hear ya. I do that all of the time.

One important thing to note. Some people will argue that because you are removing the encryption it is not a bit-for-bit copy of the original. However, if you look at it sans encryption, it is bit for bit of the data that is delivered from the encrypted media to your HT. So there is a bit of perspective on the bit-for-bit topic and it is critical to understand where one's perspective is.
post #1224 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM

^^

Thanks for the sanity check, guys. And the explanation of terms. That helps.
post #1225 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

The encryption/copy protection *has* to be removed before it can be copied.

Technically, encryption isn't copy protection. It just prevents the copies from
being useful ... until they're decrypted.

Quote:

That's what it's called copy protection.

Copy protection includes bad sectors, as was used on 5.25", 360k floppies in the
early MS-DOS days.
post #1226 of 6229 Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

no ideas anyone?

Sure... use MultiAVCHD

1. Choose the "Join MPG/M*ts/JPG" button
2. "Add" or Drag the m2ts file from the source BDMV\\STREAM folder to the open window of the program.
3. Click the "properties" button
4. Two thirds of the way down click the "External subtitles" tab.
5. "Add" or drag the srt file to the open window
6. Close the window properties window.
7. Click the big "Start" button on the lower right hand side of the program.
8. In the new window, click the "Blu-Ray Disc" button.
9. Sit back and relax.
10. Done!

I had to do this with the Elvish subtitles of the LOTR series.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen
post #1227 of 6229 Old 04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there a site that lists movies that use special subtitles like LOTR, Star Wars, etc? Didn't think about this when making MKV rips. Luckily the few I have done don't use them, but by default I was not including subtitles as they are distracting for anything but foreign films.

I'd hate to be stuck with a useless rip though lol.

When making full disc copy (Dvdfab) this doesn't matter due to being able to use menus right?

Sorry for the newb questions.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #1228 of 6229 Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Is there a site that lists movies that use special subtitles like LOTR, Star Wars, etc? Didn't think about this when making MKV rips. Luckily the few I have done don't use them, but by default I was not including subtitles as they are distracting for anything but foreign films.

I'd hate to be stuck with a useless rip though lol.

When making full disc copy (Dvdfab) this doesn't matter due to being able to use menus right?

Sorry for the newb questions.

This is the thread many of us check:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1176923

Cheers,
Damian

post #1229 of 6229 Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Wireless member