I posted this on Roku's forums a few days ago, so far the answers are not very optimistic, it seems that a Roku support guy was not able to reproduce the issue, I was wondering if you guys would be able to give this a try and (hopefully) you will have the same issue and it's not just my box going nuts.
When I bought the Roku I believe I didn't have this issues, but now, I'm constantly seeing three issues:
1) The Netflix channel doesn't retrieve what was the last episode of a TV Show watched, so it always defaults to episode one and I have to manually "guess" which was the last one I watched and play the one after that.
2) Related to "issue number one", when I go into "choose a different episode" of a TV Show, it will not display the watched status bar below the episodes so that I can see, again, the episodes that I've watched.
3) Since it doesn't seem to remember anything at all, if I stopped watching at the middle of an episode, it will not give me the option to resume from that point, it starts from the beginning.
It is very easy for me to replicate this issue, here's a few steps:
- Launch the Netflix Channel;
- Search for the show "Greek";
- Start playing episode 1;
- Skip to the middle of the episode, watch it for a few seconds then stop the playback;
- Roku will indeed show up a resume option and if you go into "Choose a different episode" you will see the nice blue bar with how much you've watch from that episode;
- Choose another episode to watch, for example episode 4;
- Skip to 1 minute or so before the ending of the episode, and watch the ending credits until the end;
- It goes back to the "Show details" and it will indeed ask you to play episode 5;
- If you go into "choose a different episode" you will also see that episode 4 is marked as watched (i.e., the blue bar fills the episode);
- Now exit the channel, going back to the home screen;
- Wait a few seconds, launch the channel again;
- Go to the show "Greek";
- It should ask you to watch episode 5, but it will default to episode 1 (again!!), and with no option to resume (remember you already watched some of it before, so at the very least it should ask you to resume from the middle),
- If you go into "choose a different episode" it will no longer have any of the info that it had before, no watch/resume history what-so-ever.
It seems that when you launch the channel it is storing your history (and it sends it to the netflix's servers because I can see everything correctly marked as watched on the netflix website), but it doesn't seem to be retrieving that info correctly each time you launch the channel or something.
Below is a list of ...
TV Shows which have this issues:
- 30 Rock
- Ugly Betty
- Desperate Housewives
- Brothers & Sisters
TV Shows which (I think) don't have this issues:
- Switched at Birth
- The Glades
For movies I haven't found one that wouldn't resume, but I don't watch many movies, so ... it might happen.
Please note that I don't have this issue on the netflix website (which shows everything I watched and is able to resume correctly) nor on my other Netflix client, the Boxee Box.
I also made a video
to demonstrate what I'm seeing on my tv.
Original topic here
This, along with the colorspace issue is driving me nuts, because other than that, this little box with Netflix+Hulu+Plex is perfect for my needs.
Thanks in advance