3Likes

post #5041 of 5045 Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post
I think if you simply read the user's manual, it'll be fairly clear what all the changes are.

I have done my homework, and it looks like both support the same file formats, not seeing anything new on that horizon. In your opinion, what led you to upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5045 Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2E151 View Post
I have done my homework, and it looks like both support the same file formats, not seeing anything new on that horizon. In your opinion, what led you to upgrade?
Media Library with metadata support, mainly.
post #5043 of 5045 Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone here know how to lose the forum's ACTIVE TOPICS panel? Search didn't turn up anything...

Thanks...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #5044 of 5045 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
while I was streaming a m k v movie. Actually streaming through 2 machines at the same time. 1 machine is this wd live, the other is my samsung 5900 bluray player.

I found that the sound is identical. Oh ya, everything is hdmi into my denon 4520 avr. But the picture. It just seams that the bluray player just is so much clearer, vivid, more detailed picture.

And I have checked, double checked over and over trying to see if some setting might be different. I know on the avr every input can have their own settings. But ive made sure ther are all the same.

Any idea what I might be missing. I cant see an hdmi cable making a difference. Thats the only thing I havent tried.

Ive got every thing strickly passing signels streight throught. And only 1 in put to my tv from the avr....

I want to keep using the wd live, cause I can almost always fast forward and rewind, works great with universal media player. Im sure ill keep using it, the picture is stiil good. But, after seeing what the bluray player can do. Not to mention, not all movies play, with out sound cutting out. Say, every 20 minutes.

Its still the best box ( media player, streamer ) ive ever used...
post #5045 of 5045 Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybnbad View Post
Oh ya, everything is hdmi into my denon 4520 avr. But the picture. It just seams that the bluray player just is so much clearer, vivid, more detailed picture.
I have compared the WD TV to several devices (HTPC, Blu-ray player, etc) and found the image identical outside of dynamic contrast. If I disable such on the other devices A/Bing a 120" image they look identical. My guess is the Blu-ray player is applying one or more image enhancements via its settings or they are configured by default. If you prefer the processed look that's that and not much you can do. I try to disable all of the enhancements at the source level and let my display (projector in this case) apply whatever tweaking I might happen to prefer. Such as dynamic contrast to give the image a little more pop without any edge enhancement.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player Wifi , Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page