post #5341 of 5348 Old 10-19-2014, 03:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
They are accessing your network plenty fast to accomplish the task they were built for -- streaming content.

I have a Media server and a couple NAS units on my network which is GigE backbone. The Live-SMP's with their 10/100 networking have no trouble pulling in and streaming the highest bitrate BD rips I have (>43Mbps). Where they fall down is network access to an attached USB drive. That functionality is a convenience to allow you to remotely manage attached storage on the WD Live without having to detach the drive and plug it into your PC -- that would be an issue if you had a multi-drive array attached. But that is the intent, not to use them as a NAS unit to supply other streamers.
Very good point. I think I should stop discussing this now and accept that max file transfer is going to be 7 MB/s and I can learn to live with it.
As you know, if we unplug the drives from the WD streamer, we have to set up the inputs drives again.. so, to avoid that, I try to upload via network, without having to turn the WD streamer off.
Thanks for the clarification. This concludes my participation in this thread. I don't want to hijack the original intent of this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5342 of 5348 Old 10-19-2014, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
I think what it comes down to is that the boxes were made to stream/playback content up through BD quality which tops out at less than 50mbps
54 mbps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audvid View Post
As you know, if we unplug the drives from the WD streamer, we have to set up the inputs drives again..
Meaning what? You know you can add links to harddrive folders on the main page of the grid interface so you don't have to click down VIDEO > select content source ...?

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #5343 of 5348 Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Hold the power button until it shuts down. Restart (sorry I said "reboot") is in the system menu - not to be confused with factory "reset". Either one is supposed to be equivalent to pulling the plug...
Not quite.. at least not on mine. If I want to clear youtube searches, I have to perform a factory reset to clear them. Powering the unit off/on or unplugging it will not clear the searches.
post #5344 of 5348 Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post
54 mbps.

Meaning what? You know you can add links to harddrive folders on the main page of the grid interface so you don't have to click down VIDEO > select content source ...?
I didn't know.. I will look into it.. Every time I disconnect the hard drive (after turning wd off)- and reconnect to the player, it wants to recatalog the movies.. I have to select the input drives again.. but I will try your suggestion..
post #5345 of 5348 Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
Not quite.. at least not on mine. If I want to clear youtube searches, I have to perform a factory reset to clear them. Powering the unit off/on or unplugging it will not clear the searches.
I think I committed a dangling participle - I meant that hard-off or restart is supposed to be equivalent to pulling the plug. I would have thought that factory reset would revert all settings to default and probably clear network config, shares, passwords etc...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #5346 of 5348 Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I think I committed a dangling participle
post #5347 of 5348 Old Today, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone have any issue with thre "watched content marker" dissappering?

i watch films off a server i have at home, i can stream from it my WDTV live and works well, i also leave my WDTV live in standby when not use

however on the odd occasions, my WDTV live will decide to do a hard restart where with will boot up taking its time then all my watched content markers dissappear

anyway around this?
post #5348 of 5348 Old Today, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
does anyone have any issue with thre "watched content marker" dissappering?

i watch films off a server i have at home, i can stream from it my WDTV live and works well, i also leave my WDTV live in standby when not use

however on the odd occasions, my WDTV live will decide to do a hard restart where with will boot up taking its time then all my watched content markers dissappear

anyway around this?
If you're using the My Media Library as your content source, watched status will survive restarts.

AFAIK, the only thing that clears them from the Media Library is if the media library has to be rebuilt from scratch. (A Rescan is not a rebuild.)
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player Wifi , Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page