*Official* WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 185 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes
post #5521 of 5523 Old Today, 03:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 45
uber-noob tip #101 :

turn the settings audio / video output to "Auto" - I had it hard fixed to 1080p/60 and all my videos looked just a bit... off. So I changed it to auto and wow what a difference in picture quality. Most of my stuff is encoded at 1080p/24 and I'm not enough of a geek to tell you why that makes a difference but man does it ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5522 of 5523 Old Today, 04:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
uber-noob tip #101 :

turn the settings audio / video output to "Auto" - I had it hard fixed to 1080p/60 and all my videos looked just a bit... off. So I changed it to auto and wow what a difference in picture quality. Most of my stuff is encoded at 1080p/24 and I'm not enough of a geek to tell you why that makes a difference but man does it ever.
It makes a difference because there is now nothing processing your video for display. This only works if your screen supports the input format.

Living Room: Samsung Series 5 46", Sky+ HD, WD TV Live SMP, Pioneer NS-DV55, Wii U, Harmony Touch
Games Room: Sony 40", Xbox One, Xbox 360, Gaming PC
Dining Room: LG 22", Humax HDR-Fox T2 1TB
post #5523 of 5523 Unread Today, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
uber-noob tip #101 :

Chances are, most of your stuff is actually 1080p23.976. 1080p24.000 is not common, but it does exist (particularly in Europe market blurays) and it's a format that, IIRC, the WDTV will not stream at native framerate, instead sending it at 23.976fps causing a repeated frame every 40 seconds or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player Wifi , Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page