*Official* WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 192 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 46Likes
post #5731 of 5738 Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
DVDFab senses your IP address and the country its in. You can't d/l the full version if you're attempting to do so from any country that is restricted per court order.
That is true if you are downloading from the product page of the DVD Fab website. The link I provided is a direct IP address link to a site that contains the current and previous versions of the full uncrippled DVD Fab package. I believe this link survives because the servers are not in the US or their jurisdiction and what is being provided is not a DNS name that has to be resolved and can be blocked but the numeric IP address for a direct connection.

Example:
run nslookup 143.166.135.105 from the command prompt and it will tell you that IP address belongs to Dell.com. You can get to Dell.com by using the DNS name of Dell.com or the IP address. The advantage of using Dell.com is that if they change the IP address of the server it won't matter to you because the DNS server will know that and resolve the address for you.

run nslookup 174.142.97.100 and it will tell you nothing because there is no DNS entry for that address. But you can still get to it by using the IP address. As long as the IP address of that server stays the same, you will be able to get the uncrippled DVD Fab versions. If it should ever change it will be all over the web in the usual places.

It really is that easy to get the full uncrippled version of DVD Fab.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Last edited by Kelson; Yesterday at 09:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 5738 Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
That is true if you are downloading from the product page of the DVD Fab website. The link I provided is a direct IP address link to a site that contains the current and previous versions of the full uncrippled DVD Fab package. I believe this link survives because the servers are not in the US or their jurisdiction and what is being provided is not a DNS name that has to be resolved and can be blocked but the numeric IP address for a direct connection.

It really is that easy to get the full uncrippled version of DVD Fab.
The free version still expires does it not?
post #5733 of 5738 Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post
The free version still expires does it not?
Yes, it expires.
The free HD Decrypter is not very useful any more for recent titles. The point is you can today buy a license for DVD Fab BluRay Copy without downloading/installing the crippled US version, then download the uncrippled version from the direct link I provided and be on your way with a version that provides decryption functionality -- which is the only real reason to buy DVD Fab in the first place.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #5734 of 5738 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
I can't help but think that some people might construe your statement to think that they can download a full "uncrippled" version of fab.
And they would be exactly correct.
It really is that simple.

- kelson h

post #5735 of 5738 Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
Its your choice but you can use all kinds of ways to make it appear you are not in countries like the US and d/l the full version. Risky but your choice.
Risky? Yeah, probably not.

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #5736 of 5738 Old Today, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post

I tried for months and months to get MakeMKV to work. It simply doesn't work for me. It always nags that the license is expired, even though I've installed the latest beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Installing the latest version of MakeMKV is not sufficient. Once you have put in a beta key it holds onto that key in the registry until you replace it with the most current key on a pretty much monthly basis. If the beta key has expired MakeMKV will give you error notifications no matter what version of MakeMKV you have installed -- until you replace the key.

This evergreen link to the MakeMKV forum provides the latest key that can be copied/pasted into MakeMKV. The current key is good until the end of May:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Hi Kelson,

I tried MakeMKV, had to remove the litte red fox as MakeMKV says there could be errors.

Like WDFan1970 suggested in the previous posts, I selected the longest playlist and asked to do a direct conversion to a single MKV file. I then moved this across to the WD MyBook Live 3TB NAS and the WDTV Live SMP saw the file. When I attempted to play it, there was no video or audio.

I then moved the files on to a USB thumb drive and plugged it to the front of the Opp BDP-93 and tried to play the MKV file. Initially it played the first 20 seconds (hurray!) then froze.

I'm now giving up on MakeMKV and going to try DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper 3D Plus.

Will report back on how that goes.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8(on order), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 Gen2 (on order)

Last edited by steveting99; Today at 05:48 AM. Reason: smilie added
post #5737 of 5738 Unread Today, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 41
"Risky? Yeah, probably not."

I, no one, can qualify the size of the risk. It is however in correct to say there is none.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #5738 of 5738 Unread Today, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Hi Kelson,

I tried MakeMKV, had to remove the litte red fox as MakeMKV says there could be errors.

Like WDFan1970 suggested in the previous posts, I selected the longest playlist and asked to do a direct conversion to a single MKV file. I then moved this across to the WD MyBook Live 3TB NAS and the WDTV Live SMP saw the file. When I attempted to play it, there was no video or audio.

I then moved the files on to a USB thumb drive and plugged it to the front of the Opp BDP-93 and tried to play the MKV file. Initially it played the first 20 seconds (hurray!) then froze.

I'm now giving up on MakeMKV and going to try DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper 3D Plus.

Will report back on how that goes.
If you have AnyDVD HD installed then just rip the disc to iso. Use MakeMKV to convert the iso to an mkv with file size to your liking (I only rip 1:1). If you have a title with seamless branching and there's no single video stream containing the entire movie then just check the MakeMKV forum or Google for the correct index or stream file to select within the program. I rip discs with MakeMKV and play them on my WDTV all the time without issue.

@WDFan1970 : MakeMKV is still in beta so the free license changes almost monthly. A minor inconvenience given the power of the software. You can also buy a permanent license while the software is still in beta to avoid the "hassle".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player Wifi , Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page