HiMedia HD900B Full 3D Media Streamer (Realtek 1186-based) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
1:1 copy (Use AnyDVD HD or DVDFab to get an unprotected ISO).

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablozoe View Post

Do I need to convert to SBS or should a 1 to 1 copy work just fine?

The whole reason for this player is to be able to retain 1:1 and not convert to SBS

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #543 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

The whole reason for this player is to be able to retain 1:1 and not convert to SBS

Yeah I'm new to the 3D scene and with the narnia move what I watched of it nothing really was jumping off the screen right infront of me and I did a 1:1 iso with Fab
post #544 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Avatar 3D is always a good demo 3D. If you want more pop out and things thrown at you, Just wait for Final Destination 5 3D. I hear Open Season 3D is a good demo. I'd also check out Despicable Me 3D. Narnia The Dawn Treader was a 2D converted to 3D movie.
post #545 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:

Yeah I'm new to the 3D scene and with the narnia move what I watched of it nothing really was jumping off the screen right infront of me and I did a 1:1 iso with Fab

Keep in mind not alot 3D movies are created equal. The ones that were filmed in 2D and converted to 3D can be hit or miss. Avatar is a great example, many of the Disney animation movies and great, and t he IMAX Under the Sea is solid

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #546 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 05:40 PM

This media player must have alzheimer's cause whenever you turn it off it completely forgets everything you taught it!
Not only does it forget your media library but also your network settings as well as any external HDD's you have attached to it.
Every time I turn it on it fails to recognize the external HDD, in fact the HDD doesn't even power up, I have to remove it from the USB slot then put it back in, this unfortunately makes the player reboot itself!
HiMedia - just give up and leave the media player business to those that actually know what they are doing
post #547 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 PM

Liked: 10
Hi guys. Any of you tried displaying 2 subtitles of different languages at once? Is this possible? This feature is important to me. Me and my other half has different language preference.

Thanks.
post #548 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Keep in mind not alot 3D movies are created equal. The ones that were filmed in 2D and converted to 3D can be hit or miss. Avatar is a great example, many of the Disney animation movies and great, and t he IMAX Under the Sea is solid

You would think a movie given out with a starter 3d pack would rock but guess not!
post #549 of 1569 Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt View Post

This media player must have alzheimer's cause whenever you turn it off it completely forgets everything you taught it!
Not only does it forget your media library but also your network settings as well as any external HDD's you have attached to it.
Every time I turn it on it fails to recognize the external HDD, in fact the HDD doesn't even power up, I have to remove it from the USB slot then put it back in, this unfortunately makes the player reboot itself!
HiMedia - just give up and leave the media player business to those that actually know what they are doing

I am awaiting external sata caddie to arrive and connect to the sata port on the 900b.It has easy front access to the hdd and means the 900b doesnt have a hdd in it.If I have problems like you with usb this thing the 900b is gone.Feel your sediments about himedia too.I just wanted something that was stress free.The audio thru a TV dropping to 30% is just not on.Dont they do any basic testing.

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
post #550 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 AM

i'm very disappointed with the player after 3 week use it cannot boot up...even i want to safe mode upgrade also can't coz it can't detect pendrive. Send it to seller, he give me the new player. With new player 1st time turn on everything ok but after 2nd time turn on VFD no display but the player can function as normal. Is it any setting on player to turn off/on the VFD.
post #551 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratak View Post

i'm very disappointed with the player after 3 week use it cannot boot up...even i want to safe mode upgrade also can't coz it can't detect pendrive. Send it to seller, he give me the new player. With new player 1st time turn on everything ok but after 2nd time turn on VFD no display but the player can function as normal. Is it any setting on player to turn off/on the VFD.

yes there is in the menu where you can turn VFD on or off
In your manual--page 5 number 4 down

post #552 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

yes there is in the menu where you can turn VFD on or off
In your manual--page 5 number 4 down

i tiried to triggered it ...no display also.
post #553 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 02:50 AM

why when i using android the display was exceed from my televisyen display ..i'm using panasonic 50 inch plasma. I tried to play around with the video setting all same ...anyone have the solution...pls advice. HDMI cable can cause the problem?
post #554 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i tiried to triggered it ...no display also.

have you tried the VFD button on the top of your remote

post #555 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 AM

2 leo140hd

Is it possible to make the button 'Search' working while playing music in the same manner as while playing movies?
post #556 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 AM

Which internal sata are you proposing for the 900B please ?
post #557 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
[Bug Report]

Was sitting down and using the unit for the first time last night with the new (beta) firmware. Updating was smooth and no problem, just used the advice of others and unplugged the internal hard drive. I use an internal 2TB HD and have about 1.5GB of BD ISO's on it (both 2D and 3D). We sat down to watch a movie (Hancock) in BD, and it started stuttering very badly about 6 min's in. Tried skipping around the movie, changing from the various BD navigations (BD Lite, 1.0, etc.) and could not avoid the stuttering. The recreated with the same file after a full re-boot. Also happened with the next two 2D BD ISO's I tried (Iron Man 2, LoTR). All the movies start just fine, it's after a few minutes, or any chapter searching the it starts. These files work flawlessly on my computer (iMac 27 latest version running Mac BluRay Player).

So... basically a brick at this point. Will see if it's possible to downgrade the firmware to the 0.26 version to see if that enables basic 2D playback.

AV stuff here
post #558 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 AM

I have been reading this thread, as I am in the market for one. My current PBO is starting to fail and I need a replacement. It seems people are frustrated with this box? I am contemplating on the Aios or this one. how are you guys liking the 900B?
post #559 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostiex View Post

It seems people are frustrated with this box?

Not at all. I like it very much. I play the movies and music from the NAS and the player behaves very well, there are practically no problems. I've been using it for about a month.
post #560 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:

There is a button on the remote
post #561 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostiex View Post

I have been reading this thread, as I am in the market for one. My current PBO is starting to fail and I need a replacement. It seems people are frustrated with this box? I am contemplating on the Aios or this one. how are you guys liking the 900B?

if your not wanting 3D get a dune.I have both dune and 900b. The 900b is full of problems and not supported from the manufacturer.Might be best to search product forums to see just how good or bad they perform.Nothing worse then buying something and tearing your hair out trying to get it to work as advertised.

post #562 of 1569 Old 12-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:

There is a button on the remote

already tried it but still no display ....i think it hardware problem. I already open the player see if have any contact problem on the cable socket to VFD ..nothing abnormal found, this is the 2nd player dealer give to me...1st one only use 3 week can't boot up ..flash also failed. For me this player was not very good in quality term.
post #563 of 1569 Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

if your not wanting 3D get a dune.I have both dune and 900b. The 900b is full of problems and not supported from the manufacturer.Might be best to search product forums to see just how good or bad they perform.Nothing worse then buying something and tearing your hair out trying to get it to work as advertised.

The Dune can play SBS rips but not full 3D BD. I have a Dune Prime as my main player and a Panasonic BD player for the 3D stuff.
post #564 of 1569 Old 12-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Advanced Member

I have sent the following to Himedia direct.
hopefully they will be able to fix.

I have purchased a 900b of yours.
I have found the sound volume when connected to a fairly new LCD TV via hdmi extremely low.
I am not using a amplifier or receiver.The 900b is just connected to the TV.
I have noticed others on forums saying the same thing.
The volume is 30% of the TV and my bluray player so when you switch back to the TV or bluray after watching the 900b you are blasted by a huge amount of sound---the 900b is not level matched like the bluray player.
Questions
Are you going to fix this and can it be fixed via a firmware update.
If not can I return the unit as I am not happy with this issue.
Again others are having the same issue.

post #565 of 1569 Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:

why when i using android the display was exceed from my televisyen display ..i'm using panasonic 50 inch plasma. I tried to play around with the video setting all same ...anyone have the solution...pls advice. HDMI cable can cause the problem?

I have the same tv and the same problem. I think it is sending too much of an overscanned picture to the tv. Honestly the "android" part of the 900b is just a marketing gimmick to sell the player. They put the android robot on the box and make it sound like android is a big part of the OS, but it isn't. I am really questioning my purchase of this unit for the sole advantage of playing BD ISO's. I keep comparing it to a boxee or my HTPC, and it doesn't stand a chance against either.
post #566 of 1569 Old 12-04-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraudio13 View Post

I have the same tv and the same problem. I think it is sending too much of an overscanned picture to the tv. Honestly the "android" part of the 900b is just a marketing gimmick to sell the player. They put the android robot on the box and make it sound like android is a big part of the OS, but it isn't. I am really questioning my purchase of this unit for the sole advantage of playing BD ISO's. I keep comparing it to a boxee or my HTPC, and it doesn't stand a chance against either.

Yes it seems the only good thing about this player is that it plays 3D BD ISO and it doesn't even do that 100% well (forced subs not working).
Also, does anyone else notice an intermittent flash of 'enhanced grain' when watching mkv files? Sorry but I can't explain it better than that, it is especially prevalent in darker scenes, like a flash of bright grain that lasts a fraction of a second and occurs every 5 seconds or so?
post #567 of 1569 Old 12-05-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktrick View Post

2 leo140hd

Is it possible to make the button 'Search' working while playing music in the same manner as while playing movies?

Yes it is supposed to work the same..., please if you have any other observation just tell me.

Thanks

(I'll send the obs to HM)

Real 1080p Fan ! ! ! Living to Enjoy it's very best ! ! ! (...if I can afford it...)
post #568 of 1569 Old 12-05-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt View Post

Yes it seems the only good thing about this player is that it plays 3D BD ISO and it doesn't even do that 100% well (forced subs not working).
Also, does anyone else notice an intermittent flash of 'enhanced grain' when watching mkv files? Sorry but I can't explain it better than that, it is especially prevalent in darker scenes, like a flash of bright grain that lasts a fraction of a second and occurs every 5 seconds or so?

Im glad i didnt jump on it when it came out....

post #569 of 1569 Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
For less than $200, it isn't bad at all for what it's really meant for: playback of full 3D BD-ISO's. I rely on my PCH A-300 and PopBox v8 for 2D (with full jukebox and streaming from my home server), so I'm using HD900B for 3D BD-ISO's only (via local USB). With the exception of forced subs in movies like 'Avatar' and sync invert issue in 'Rio', this player is just fine with 3D BD-ISO's. If you're looking for a really good 2D home theater streamer as well, this isn't it (yet anyway), rather Dune or PCH/PopBox v8.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #570 of 1569 Old 12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Is the upscaling any good on the 900b.I havent had a chance to check it out--my dedicated hometheater has the dune and that's excellent.I am waiting on the hardrive caddie to arrive and run it from the side sata outputs.Havent heard back from Himedia about low audio matching problem on my Tv with the 900b.

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page