HiMedia HD900B Full 3D Media Streamer (Realtek 1186-based) - Page 53 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 1572 Old 02-11-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt View Post

It'd be nice to have a quad core CPU but my main focus when buying a media player is the ability to play 3D Bluray ISO files. This unit does not do that while one of the HiMedia's selling points is that it's the only Android device to play these files.
As usual there doesn't seem to be one player that can do everything I need it to lol

What else do you need aside from 3D Bluray ISO files? Just curious, definitely not a fan of HiMedia

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1572 Old 02-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I spent tons of time searching for a newer firmware to install. I was using Ollyp's last version and I felt outdated. I saw someone recommend a Bast Castle firmware from a long time ago, then through further research I found a modified version of (possibly) the best version of BC. It was just released in December so I am pretty sure it is the most recent mod. It is labeled BC_v1.04_Mod3. I am unsure of forum rules as far as posting a download link. I'll post it anyways in hopes that it's ok. If not - I apologize to the adminsand they can delete my message. I have personally installed this version using safe mode and it works great. I no longer have the urge to go buy another player right away. It was meant for the Egreat r6s but works fine on the Himedia 900's.

Download link
post #1563 of 1572 Old 02-18-2014, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If anyone is looking for one of these let me know.

Media Room - Martin Logan Theos, ML Stage, 4xML Motion 4, 4xML Motion FX, Denon 4520, CJ PV-14L Pre, Innersound ESL-300 Amp, PS Audio PWD, eD a5-350, Sharp Z30000, 130" Dalite JKP 1.3, Dune 3D, Sonos, Logitech Transporter, HTPC, 2xButtKicker, Darbee

Family Room: Panasonic 60ZT60, Martin Logan C2, Motion 15, Motion 2, Sunfire True Sub Jr, Darbee
post #1564 of 1572 Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Not worth buying this player at this point as several (far) better alternatives exist. HiMedia was the only game in town when it first debuted, one of the very first RTD1186 players on the market. At this point, better to go with Mede8er X3D series (my #1 pick), followed by PCH 400 series, followed by Dune TV303D, followed by other 1186 players like KdLinks if you must.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #1565 of 1572 Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by zort View Post

I spent tons of time searching for a newer firmware to install. I was using Ollyp's last version and I felt outdated. I saw someone recommend a Bast Castle firmware from a long time ago, then through further research I found a modified version of (possibly) the best version of BC. It was just released in December so I am pretty sure it is the most recent mod. It is labeled BC_v1.04_Mod3. I am unsure of forum rules as far as posting a download link. I'll post it anyways in hopes that it's ok. If not - I apologize to the adminsand they can delete my message. I have personally installed this version using safe mode and it works great. I no longer have the urge to go buy another player right away. It was meant for the Egreat r6s but works fine on the Himedia 900's.

Download link

what does this FW do?
post #1566 of 1572 Old 02-19-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

what does this FW do?

Call me a fool but I know very little about it. I went off the reputation of bast castle firmwares constantly having been updated. From what I read they actually stopped releasing newer versions and this version has been modified by someone named HiHat.

It plays my videos smoother than the last ollyp firmware I had. The GUI has a totally different appearance. I noticed all of my audio files have played correctly. DTS HD MA, DD TrueHD, etc. For the BDMV folders you hit play and it goes to the disc menu. It included an IPTV app but it doesn't really work. I don't need it for that anyway.

Here's the thread I got it from:
http://moservices.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2938

I figured out how to edit the IPTV playlists in the web based interface. It's pretty awesome. Used google to translate the russian and find some m3u playlists.
post #1567 of 1572 Old 06-20-2014, 06:06 AM

Liked: 0
hi zort,

found your posts looking for new firmware for my hd900b. tried and it working great.

can you get the led panel display the right command? mine only show word 'boot' after flashing. do you know where to look to fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zort View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by fight4yu 

what does this FW do?

Call me a fool but I know very little about it. I went off the reputation of bast castle firmwares constantly having been updated. From what I read they actually stopped releasing newer versions and this version has been modified by someone named HiHat.

It plays my videos smoother than the last ollyp firmware I had. The GUI has a totally different appearance. I noticed all of my audio files have played correctly. DTS HD MA, DD TrueHD, etc. For the BDMV folders you hit play and it goes to the disc menu. It included an IPTV app but it doesn't really work. I don't need it for that anyway.

Here's the thread I got it from:
http://moservices.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2938

I figured out how to edit the IPTV playlists in the web based interface. It's pretty awesome. Used google to translate the russian and find some m3u playlists.
post #1568 of 1572 Old 06-20-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuity View Post
hi zort,

found your posts looking for new firmware for my hd900b. tried and it working great.

can you get the led panel display the right command? mine only show word 'boot' after flashing. do you know where to look to fix it?
I'll have to check, I know there is a web based interface that you can log into, but the text is all Russian and by dumb luck I only figured out how to update the iptv.m3u playlist. I'm sure there is a way to modify the information but that sounds more like a code error. Maybe the player that it was originally designed for doesn't have an led display? I just have the 900A so mine lacks the display.

http://"media player network ip address"/editor/
post #1569 of 1572 Old 06-21-2014, 06:48 PM

hi zort,

thanks for your quick reply.

found out the firmware really does not support display panel. after digging further i found older version 1.0.5.7 with mos3 installed. - http://www.moservices.org/forum/view...tart=60#p44726

got back the display, and a bunch other stuff come with mos3. very happy now.

Last edited by biscuity; 06-21-2014 at 06:53 PM.
post #1570 of 1572 Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 PM

I got new 3D tv, I tried to play 3D Iso as well as 3D MKV files but nothing is working. When i tried to play 3D ISO, unit hangs for long time and it restart. It happened several times. When I tried to play 3D MKV files I am getting split image on screen, I tried to change various settings like 3D conversion, 3D top bottom, 3D side by side but still having split image not actual 3D image. My TV is Samsung Plasma 43H4900.
post #1571 of 1572 Old 08-29-2014, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy_in65 View Post
I got new 3D tv, I tried to play 3D Iso as well as 3D MKV files but nothing is working. When i tried to play 3D ISO, unit hangs for long time and it restart. It happened several times. When I tried to play 3D MKV files I am getting split image on screen, I tried to change various settings like 3D conversion, 3D top bottom, 3D side by side but still having split image not actual 3D image. My TV is Samsung Plasma 43H4900.
Hi Maddy

Do you use a HDMI cable 1.4?
post #1572 of 1572 Old 08-31-2014, 03:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unprocessed lossless audio out through optical out

Hi guys,

If I connect my speakers to optical out of hd900b and steam music through dlna on to hd900b will it be sending unprocessed lossless audio signal to my speaker system

actually I have a nad viso 1 speaker system which has its own DAC and I just want to feed to it raw unprocessed audio signal so that the DAC is only used of nad and not on hd900b
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page