IconBit XDS1003D Full 3D(RealTek 1186DD) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 83 Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mkoss, I write about what I see in 2D mode on my connective of XDS1003D - LG LD550. You are likely one of those people who simply do not notice stuttering (such the majority), but it does not mean that stuttering are not.
As you see on the monitors 3D ready H5360 (120Hz) and 2D optoma HD7100 (60Hz) consider also the following:
Quote:

It is interesting to note, though, that it is very difficult to see the stutter when the pattern is displayed at 60Hz, because the jitter due to the 3:2 cadence dominates what you see, so the additional jitter due to the once per 42-second frame repeat is barely noticeable. I needed to capture it on video to make sure it was there. This explains why people with 120Hz 3D (aka 60Hz er eye) don't see it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 83 Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoElement View Post

mkoss, I write about what I see in 2D mode on my connective of XDS1003D - LG LD550. You are likely one of those people who simply do not notice stuttering (such the majority), but it does not mean that stuttering are not.
As you see on the monitors 3D ready H5360 (120Hz) and 2D optoma HD7100 (60Hz) consider also the following:

I also don't see it viewing at 60 hz (30hz/eye). I'm also wondering because your display has a 2.5 msec response has something to do with it as well.
post #63 of 83 Old 03-10-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoss View Post

I'm also wondering because your display has a 2.5 msec response has something to do with it as well.

I think, that even if response time of modern TV/monitor influences degree of finding of stutters, but not enough to ignore a freeze of movie duration 1/24s, i.e. ~40ms.
post #64 of 83 Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think, that even if response time of modern TV/monitor influences degree of finding of stutters, but not enough to ignore a freeze of movie duration 1/24s, i.e. ~40ms.

True but you should look into how your TV processes the video that makes it noticeable whereas in my case if it's there it's masked damn well as to not being there. it's also that not all TV's show the stutter. A little detective work might bring the root cause to the surface. Maybe the 3:2 pull down is the answer but I'm not sure 100%.
post #65 of 83 Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 AM

Hello Everybody,

Could you help me please, I have bougth the XDS7 3D player which is the same as the 1003D without HDD.
My problem is that I cannot install any Android softwares, because after download and installation I always got the "Failed to download" error message.

Is there anybody who has the same problem?

I got no answer back from the iconbit service support.

Thanks for any help.
post #66 of 83 Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 AM

At forum iXBT the part of a file by SDK RTD1186 regards stuttering 23.976fps is found:
Code:
#if IS_CHIP(SATURN)
        //need to change VO_STANDARD to another one with 3D format if  3D TV is connectted via HDMI.
        printf("\       \       [%s:%d,%s] 9,  format3d = %d \
", __FILE__, __LINE__, __func__, format3d);
        if (format3d >= 0) {
                switch (standard) {
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_30:
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_25:
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_24:
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_23:
                                standard = VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_24_3D;
                                break; 

#if IS_CHIP(JUPITER)|| IS_CHIP(SATURN)
#endif
                hdmiSystem = VIDEO_HD1080_24HZ;
                break;
There are comments at experts?
post #67 of 83 Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:

At forum iXBT the part of a file by SDK RTD1186 regards stuttering 23.976fps is found:
Code:
#if IS_CHIP(SATURN)
        //need to change VO_STANDARD to another one with 3D format if  3D TV is connectted via HDMI.
        printf("\       \       [%s:%d,%s] 9,  format3d = %d \
", __FILE__, __LINE__, __func__, format3d);
        if (format3d >= 0) {
                switch (standard) {
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_30:
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_25:
                        case VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_24:
                                standard = VO_STANDARD_HDTV_1080P_24_3D;
                                break; 

#if IS_CHIP(JUPITER)|| IS_CHIP(SATURN)
#endif
                hdmiSystem = VIDEO_HD1080_24HZ;
                break;
There are comments at experts?

Could be promising. I really hope this and the forced subs issue gets sorted out
post #68 of 83 Old 03-29-2012, 04:51 AM

Hello everybody.
My name is Mike. I'm the representative of iconBIT company.
You can post question about products to me on this forum, PM or by support e-mail on iconbit homepage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabris View Post

Hello Everybody,

Could you help me please, I have bougth the XDS7 3D player which is the same as the 1003D without HDD.
My problem is that I cannot install any Android softwares, because after download and installation I always got the "Failed to download" error message.

Is there anybody who has the same problem?

SoC RTL1186 has not a classical CPU for android devices. Instead of ARM it has MIPS core. Some apps do not support this kind of CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabris View Post

I got no answer back from the iconbit service support.

Thanks for any help.

Hmm... it's strange. On what e-mail address have you sent a message?
post #69 of 83 Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM

Hello Mike, great to see you here. Could you confirm the 24/23.976 issue that has already been addressed on the Micca
post #70 of 83 Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM

iconBIT
Hello Mike.
I ask you personally acquainted with my local posts (starting here) on the issue of improper video playback 23.976fps and to give comments on following questions:
1) Whether you confirm problem presence?
2) Will of the iconBIT company taken steps to debug the problem?
3) What do you think of this statement made by the representative of Micca? Whether there can be a issue a consequence of a hardware bug?
P.S. I watch closely succession of events on the given problem in a separate thread at iXBT Russian forum and many are interested in support.
post #71 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Its all gone quiet fron Iconbit again, what a shame
post #72 of 83 Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 AM

Excuse me for delay. If you want to contact me urgently please use support e-mail on iconbit web site.

Yes there's a problem with some freezing on 23.976 videos. It's a problem of realtek SDK. We're workin' on it. But be patient all vendor are absent now, because of Hong-Kong's ICT expo.
post #73 of 83 Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the update
post #74 of 83 Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconBIT View Post

Yes there's a problem with some freezing on 23.976 videos. It's a problem of realtek SDK. We're workin' on it.

So, the 23.976 bug was confirmed by companies delivering players. Some of them are attempting to resolve the issue with new firmware. The obvious question - taken any action by the causer of the problem, namely the developers of Realtek SDK?
Still I'm concerned by the information from a representative Micca. Mike, explain please dependence of a bug from the hardware revision.
post #75 of 83 Old 04-13-2012, 01:27 AM

It seems strange. May be they had some unique chips... But IMHO it's a software bug.
We had such bug on old chipset and it was fixed by new FW, but not by modifying it.

PS: And this post confirms my words
post #76 of 83 Old 04-13-2012, 02:44 AM

Mike, thank you for reply. You speak about what kind of an old chipset?
post #77 of 83 Old 04-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconBIT View Post

It seems strange. May be they had some unique chips... But IMHO it's a software bug.
We had such bug on old chipset and it was fixed by new FW, but not by modifying it....

are you saying that with latest february firmware the 24P bug is solved ?
Can you also confirm that you can install the himedia firmware on this device ?

Many thanks.
post #78 of 83 Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 AM

All the attention!
Yesterday I had a malfunction of the tweeter in floorstanding speakers JBL E80 (100W), connected to the receiver Onkyo TX-NR509 (max 80W at 8 Ohms). The reason was an increase in volume on the receiver (to 60% a few times) at the time of pause when playback movie on XDS1003D (!). As it turned out, in RAW mode of audio output, when a pause is sonic boom (personally observed the twitching of woofer), but it's not the worst. Worst of all that thus the player does not null loudness level (receiver shows PCM stream), ie unspecified signal is sent to the receiver, and when adjusting the volume control is manifested in the form of clicks, sizzle and woofer's shift.
I am extremely upset. I never would have thought that the video source can be a killer acoustics! This is a serious bug that requires immediate removal.
PS. On Russian-language iconBIT forum have already raised this issue before my accident.
post #79 of 83 Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 PM

I make a clarification: in LPCM mode, all is well.
At a pause in RAW mode, a bunch of XDS1003D-Onkyo NR509 generates ultrasonic frequency 21kHz, which is extremely dangerous for the tweeters of speakers!
There are (http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=61:786-78#2569) some attachments screenshots with recording at the sampling frequency 44.1kHz from the headphone output of the receiver to the line-in PC sound card:
Wave 1 during the on-off pause (RAW mode), in a pause - see Wave 3
Wave 2 during the on-off pause (PLCM mode), in a pause - silence
Wave 3 (megascopic) in the pause by volume=30 (RAW mode) (in fact there 21kHz)
Wave 4 (megascopic) in the pause by volume=70 (RAW mode) (in fact there 21kHz)
Wave 5 when the volume to maximum in the pause (RAW mode), see the step change in volume, accompanied by the crackle, and at the end - turn off the receiver due to tripping (!).
PS. The sound is fully matched with heard in the speakers, when burned tweeter

And this record pause mode with a frequency of 192 kHz sampling rate (http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=61:786-78#2575, Wave 2) - on the record shows that over 21 oscillation is 0.001s, ie total amplitude is on 21kHz! Here is the answer why was burned tweeter!

Mike, please also pay attention to what happened. Because it already has a second man, burning a tweeter: http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=60:3205-16#531
post #80 of 83 Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 AM

Clarification: the above described is valid only for audio formats DD or DTS in PAUSE, FAST FORWARD or REWIND modes. When playing DolbyTrueHD or DTS HD-MA during the pause of player, receiver gently switches to Analog Mode (despite setting "Audio Selector" = HDMI). Yet it became known (I'll check) that the problem for DTS audio, you can bypass the receiver reconfiguration Setup -> Source Setup -> Fixed Mode -> DTS, then during pause blocks PCM stream, but there is no solution for DD.
It is known that this audiobag is present for receivers of different manufacturers. Where technical support?
post #81 of 83 Old 07-27-2012, 01:05 AM

Hello, So I've had this player for a while now and finding it very good. I have had no problems with the issue stated above with the Audio (solved in a patch??).

Anyway i do have some issues maybe people know about. What is the best way to get files onto the HDD i installed? USB3 takes 45 mins for 3d iso files which is probably not that bad but it does mean i cannot use my laptop while doing this because it has to sit on the shelf next to the player.

I would prefer do do it over my LAN network. So I connected to the player using the IP address and am able to access my HDD no problem. However this is very slow. In fact i tried to drag and drop a 3d ISO and after 15 mins it was telling me it would be another 8 hours eek.gif

Another option I explored was using my bit torrent to download directly to the player using the IP. This would be the perfect solution because it would mean i don't need to transfer anything in the long run. This worked fine for smaller files and i have downloaded a few things directly to the HDD only using my PC to manage the download. However for large files this does not seem to work, the download starts very slowly for a while then fails will "access denied" or "connection lost" errors. Anyone know if there is a solution to this?

Also trying to use the "network" connection on the player. However when i select copy the target folder in the HDD is wrong, it seems to be a small partition in the HDD (maybe the Cache??) and i cannot select the folders I've created. Also once I clicked ok i wasn't able to access the information on the HDD. I could still connect and see everything via USB3 but I needed to do a "restore defaults" to be able to browse the HDD normally again on the player. Also see this when trying to move/copy files from the HDD to a different location on the HDD so currently all file management is done on my PC.

Can anyone help with the issues is stated above or suggest other solutions?
post #82 of 83 Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 AM

I recently bought the Iconbit Xds1003d player. The real 3d function works fine if the player is direct connected to my Acer 3d beamer H5360BD (if BDlite is disabled).

But the problem is when i connect the player and beamer with the wireless HD transmitter Marmitek Gigaview 821. Everything works, only the real 3d movies are staying 2D.

Thats odd, because i can play 3D movies and games (both blu-ray) with my Playstation 3 connected with the wirless Transmitter without a problem.

What do i have to adjust at the Iconbit menu, so that i can (just as the PS3), enjoy wireless real 3d).

Thanks for a quick (and helpfull) respons!
post #83 of 83 Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperino View Post

[...]only the real 3d movies are staying 2D.[...]
When you start the BluRay playback, you are asked for the menu to use. Choose 'No' and then the 3D part will be shown. If you choose yes it will always start the 2D part. Hope this helps.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page