Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 429 Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Popcorn A300 help!!

Hi everyone

My father in law has just got himself a A300 and I ahve a problem setting it up for him

It seems that the parental lock is on and there is no way to turn it off to allow me to run the set-up wizard.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Many thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 429 Old 07-10-2014, 06:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked: 808
WHy not reset to the factory defaults? It's in the firmware update section.

Or according to the manual, the default setup lock password is 4896.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #423 of 429 Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 PM

Liked: 10
I've had a few issues , mostly operator error or operator playing with 3rd party software causing an error. This time, I think I am innocent of issue, but just not sure how to resolve it.

When I am in file browsing mode, i can no longer switch to Jukebox or Jukebox Manager as I get a "Database Read Error".

The server I am accessing is run by UnRaid and works perfectly, so I have no concerns with it, especially considering I can access it and play content back through File Browsing Mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
post #424 of 429 Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 59
your NMJ database is corrupted. I would try to open it with NMJtoolbox and see what it says. if not just delete it and start over.
post #425 of 429 Old 07-25-2014, 07:17 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
your NMJ database is corrupted. I would try to open it with NMJtoolbox and see what it says. if not just delete it and start over.
I tried NMJtoolbox 2 many months ago and thought it was an excellent tool until I ran in to an odd issue that I simply could not fix (after manually trying to get my Vikings episodes to display right). The issue I had was basically I had a default image in the graphical listing for Vikings (as it wasn't reading it properly) and when selected, it would reboot the Popcorn Hour on me. Regardless of my reason, the point i was getting to is that I stopped using the Toolbox. I've since changed computer and don't have it setup anymore.

I've tried to install it again (which isn't the hard part). I had stored my "nmj_database" folder on one of my network drives (this wasn't so much planned as that is where it just happened to land). When I browse to the "media.db" file, it tries to load but gives me a big window indication an error of:
Error Retrieving Database Object (as the heading) and then a really long body saying:
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
no such table: DB_VERSION
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare

(and a lot more after this)

I just click "OK" and get an "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application...." and press "Continue"

At this point I am at least in to the program, but no DB has loaded. I'm guessing the lack of Path's is a contributing factor, but if I select "Paths" I immediately get an error of "no such table: SCAN_DIRS". I click OK a few times and it just kicks me out of the PATHS section.

I guess the question that I should answer not asked, but soon to be asked is "Why do I not just start over again with my Popcorn Hour". The issue is that I am between 3000 and 4000 items on my server and it took a lot of updating to fix things up. I didn't rename all my folders each time a problem was found, I rather just used the PCH's feature and scanned for the right movie. I also found that all my previously stored artwork , in each movies folder, didn't display very well for fan.art. The resolution of my art was too high so it didn't get compressed right for the Jukebox.

So, I was hoping to fix my problem rather than start from scratch and spend many days updating again.

It would be nice if the Setting for the PCH C-300 just had a "Repair" option.
post #426 of 429 Old 09-10-2014, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 20
How does the C-300 work as far as Cinavia is concerned? Does it make it pretty useless for movies that have that protection?
post #427 of 429 Old 09-10-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
How does the C-300 work as far as Cinavia is concerned? Does it make it pretty useless for movies that have that protection?
Cinavia does not apply to the C-300, so you can play any movie you want in any format

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #428 of 429 Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Cinavia does not apply to the C-300, so you can play any movie you want in any format
So, I can just rip my Blu-rays to a HD (or to a PC attached to the same network), and then play them from the popcorn? Including 3D and HD audio? Is it possible to control with an android app?

Any other similar devices that are better?

Thanks.
post #429 of 429 Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
So, I can just rip my Blu-rays to a HD (or to a PC attached to the same network), and then play them from the popcorn? Including 3D and HD audio? Is it possible to control with an android app?

Any other similar devices that are better?

Thanks.
The C-300 does not handle Blu Ray 3D. You would need either the PCH A400, Dune 3D series, or Mede8er. Android Apps are available for all players.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 300 Networked Media Jukebox , Popcorn Hour C 300 Extreme Networked Media Jukebox