Hello. I wanted to see if anyone else is having trouble using Viera Connect on their Panasonic Plasma/LCD/Blu Ray.
Frequent HD dropouts on Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon VOD due to insufficient bandwidth. Sometimes the Viera Connect button does nothing - it wont pull up the menu. Sometimes all I get is the center box. I occasionally get the Cannot connect to server (006) error.
55 GT30 is hard wired via Cat5e to a gigabit router which is connected to a Motorola docsis 3 cable modem. I have a 25-25mbps internet connection. I have bandwidth tested the connection and peak and non peak times and always come up with sufficient bandwidth to stream HD. The problem is worst during peak evening times.
- Have hard wired the TV to the cable modem, bypassing the router,
- Put TV in DMZ on router,
- Tried using the supplied wifi adapter,
- Changed DNS servers to google dns and open dns,
- static mapped ip address,
- hard reset of tv,
- Talked to Amazon VOD service. They indicate that my stream starts at 10mbit then gradually decreases to insufficient levels.
- Does anyone know if Viera Connect servers are having problems?
- Anyone else having issues?
- Could the TV be faulty? - I doubt this since the Blu Ray also has trouble,
- Is Comcast throttling these connections?
Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully together we can troubleshoot our problems.