Micca EP950! - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 1654 Old 06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
canton160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

what is up with the subtitles? I have never watched avatar with subtitles on to know if thats how it its supposed to be but why are they not in the middle of the video and they seem to change positions start at 10:22 and each sentence shifts to the right with every new line


well spotted.

it can be my iso. rip...

1- in xmbc the avatar subtitles disappear to fast
2- in the original blu-disc are working well
3- in micca the subtitles are yellow moving around (depends on the actor position on the screen)

in the beginning when start to ripping my collection, i was doing lods of stuff in the htpc , and some bd.iso doesnt "like" the idea, getting strange issues
since then when im ripping, the htpc doesnt do anything else, and everything is getting fine.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

 

 

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

canton160 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1654 Old 06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

I doubt Micca does any dev work on the firmware in terms of playback, Almost all realtek solutions are turnkey, You get whatever realtek gives you and you usually have 1 or 2 devs to work a UI around it. Hence all the realtek players suffer the same types of issues if its for playback. So if realtek is bowing out there will be no fixes in that aspect coming to any of the solutions out there And this might be why its went quiet.

Well most of these 1186 players all have the same issues (no forced subs/framerate issues, etc) but Micca has solved the framerate issue at least in 2D mode, and from what I understand they are one of the only players, if not the only player, to fix the issue, so I believe Micca does have something to do with their firmware. Very strange that we haven't heard from Jack in a while now.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #903 of 1654 Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrfattbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 786
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Well most of these 1186 players all have the same issues (no forced subs/framerate issues, etc) but Micca has solved the framerate issue at least in 2D mode, and from what I understand they are the one of the only players, if not the only player, to fix the issue, so I believe Micca does have something to do with their firmware. Very strange that we haven't heard from Jack in a while now.

He was in a few of the other Micca threads today.

Bill
mrfattbill is offline  
post #904 of 1654 Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Jack@Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The firmware team is working through a long list of updates for the next firmware release. I don't know what will make it or wont make it into the next update. But hopefully in the next couple of weeks, there will be another new firmware release to share.

Jack@Micca
Micca Support Specialist
Jack@Micca is offline  
post #905 of 1654 Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
mrfattbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 786
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca View Post

The firmware team is working through a long list of updates for the next firmware release. I don't know what will make it or wont make it into the next update. But hopefully in the next couple of weeks, there will be another new firmware release to share.

These are the kinds of things that I like to hear.

Bill
mrfattbill is offline  
post #906 of 1654 Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Member
 
ehb224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Jack, Any word on when Adorama is going to get their units? Amazon has had them for a week now and Adorama still says they have not heard anything.
ehb224 is offline  
post #907 of 1654 Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca View Post

The firmware team is working through a long list of updates for the next firmware release. I don't know what will make it or wont make it into the next update. But hopefully in the next couple of weeks, there will be another new firmware release to share.

Thanks for hopping in here and giving us some good news, Jack. Looking forward to seeing what the update will contain. I'm very happy to see Micca continuing to offer firmware support. This I think is what puts Micca ahead of the other 1186 players.
eagle_2 is offline  
post #908 of 1654 Old 06-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Newbie
 
Rades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Jack, I own two EP950s each connected to a different TV, the Miccas are connected to my PC via a hard wired network. I am satisfied with the performance of the EP950s. However ,I would love to see two additions to the firmware that I believe would be relatively easy to do and would geratly improve the usefulness for everybody.
1. My bedroom tv has bluetooth for a bluetooth stereo headphone I use with it. The TV is connected to the Micca via an HDMI cable. At night I use the Micca to listen to music in bed via the TV with the bluetooth headphones. I set the default screen saver on the Micca with the lowest time of 2 minutes, but I, and especially my wife, am disturbed by the Micca logo moving all around the screen. Would it be possible to add another selection to the screensaver menu to blank the screen (cause it to go dark) with say a shorter 30 second interval so one could select a track and then the screen will go black? Hitting the OK button would wake up the screen.
2. I use the samba enabled on both Miccas to connect them to my computer via the network. However both assign the same drive letters to their attached drives so the computer will I think only see the first Micca that was a turned on. Also one Micca will not see the other ones drives. Would it be possible to allow these drive letters to be changed (reassigned by the user to a different letter), so the computer and the Miccas can all see each other? My computer uses XP.
Congratulations on a truly great product.
Roland
Rades is offline  
post #909 of 1654 Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Member
 
ehb224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Adorama has them in back stock! Tthe webpage still shows them on backorder but I just got an email saying that my unit will be send out by the end of the day and I have a tracking number! Can't wait.
I suspect they will update the webpage very soon.
ehb224 is offline  
post #910 of 1654 Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
canton160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehb224 View Post

Adorama has them in back stock! Tthe webpage still shows them on backorder but I just got an email saying that my unit will be send out by the end of the day and I have a tracking number! Can't wait.
I suspect they will update the webpage very soon.

thanks for the info, having a backorder for the EP600 g2 hope that follow the same route .

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

 

 

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

canton160 is offline  
post #911 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 06:09 AM
Newbie
 
sigl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ordered a 950 from Amazon, having experienced and enjoyed the 350 and so far it isn't measuring up to the 350 for playback.

In the middle of playback, for no apparent reason it reboots or shuts down. I've experienced this a total of 4 times. No idea why. I assume it has the latest FW as it was shipped out just recently and usually Micca lets them out the door with the latest. It also had a small ding in the outer case on the top rear of the unit, a push out of the metal surround casing. I can probably live with that, as I'm not real concerned, but functionally it seems to be stuttering.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just a need to return it unit. Thanks for the reply. I really like these players, though was disappointed in this last purchase.

Oh, the purchase was literally this past week, so it's supposed to be a more recent production run, unless it was a refurb unit sold as new (no indication by Amazon that this was a refurb). Thanks again.
sigl is offline  
post #912 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigl View Post

Ordered a 950 from Amazon, having experienced and enjoyed the 350 and so far it isn't measuring up to the 350 for playback.
In the middle of playback, for no apparent reason it reboots or shuts down. I've experienced this a total of 4 times. No idea why. I assume it has the latest FW as it was shipped out just recently and usually Micca lets them out the door with the latest. It also had a small ding in the outer case on the top rear of the unit, a push out of the metal surround casing. I can probably live with that, as I'm not real concerned, but functionally it seems to be stuttering.
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just a need to return it unit. Thanks for the reply. I really like these players, though was disappointed in this last purchase.
Oh, the purchase was literally this past week, so it's supposed to be a more recent production run, unless it was a refurb unit sold as new (no indication by Amazon that this was a refurb). Thanks again.

I would return it just because it is a possibility it might be a refurbish unit due to what you've described. I wouldn't accept anything if it doesn't look brand new. It might of got damaged when they shipped it. Someone might of dropped it or whatever. From what I know and read, the Micca EP950/600 do not have issues streaming 2D content. They only have issues with 3D content.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is offline  
post #913 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Newbie
 
sigl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No question it's going back. Rebooted again, after checking all power connections. Display fully on. Didn't wait a long time prior to turning off display to check if the display on was causing issue.

A few recommendations for Micca. Keep all your remotes exactly the same if you can. People with multiple units will appreciate this, not only because they can dupe remotes, but because the ergonomic interface is exactly the same. There is no reason to switch remotes here; at least none that I can dream up.

The 350 zoom feature is better than the 950 in that it allows you to adjust zoom by single percentages when choosing the x and y features. This is critical for some movies. It is not featured for the 950, which is a real shame. One only gets 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x, 1.4x. This is nice, but programming should bring back the 100% zoom with the right and left buttons to adjust be single percentage for horizontal or vertical image. Having many features that are non anamorphic, this is really important. If you can bring it to the 950 please do so.

Thanks. Sad to say, the 350 is a better player imho. At least it works properly.

The gigabit is nice, but it may only work well on lower bit rate BR discs over network, such as those under 25gb and even those with a total file size of about 16gb or up a bit. Reason is once you hit the bit rate too high, even with no network traffic, the unit may not keep up. This over power line network (which may be the problem on my end and not the unit's issue). One would think this would work better, however. For a 16gb m2ts file it seemed to play quite well. At about 23gb hiccups would occur.

I may just stick with another trusty 350. Good attempt on the 950 but what I received isn't ready for what I'd like to do over network and the reboot or shut down feature (yes, it's a feature) is quite ridiculous. Parts need to be implemented that are better than this for power supply, assuming this is the issue.

Double checked FW, latest version.
sigl is offline  
post #914 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
canton160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
...

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

 

 

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

canton160 is offline  
post #915 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 592
That is kind of weird that your EP350 can play the same movies fine over powerline ethernet, but the EP950 doesn't. You do not need a gigabit connection to play high bitrate BD movies by the way. 100 MB/s would do just fine. Did you test playing the same movie using a hardline cat5e or cat6 cable instead? I tried using a powerline ethernet for playing movies outside, but I had issues with BD movies, it would stream just fine with SD movies, which I can also stream wireless.

Another possibility is that the EP950 that you received was damaged since you described it had a ding, which suggest that it was either dropped or hit prior to being placed in the box for shipping. This could have damage something within the player causing it to have the issues you are having.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is offline  
post #916 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Newbie
 
sigl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have never been able to play any BD films over the 350 using powerline. Just never works. Any standard DVD does, though.

The main problem with the 950 is it's reboot problem or power out. So that's enough to return it on its own.

The 350 will play anything I throw at it, other than an mt2s or bdmv folder that is a BR film. It simply cannot do it over powerline network and Micca states that it wouldn't be able to do so given the high bit rate and transfer rates of those types of films over a non gigabit network. It's in their manual.

I have no other way to route network other than dragging a very long cat5 cable to the router. That may work, but I doubt it with the 350. It's not meant to do so. Over powerline that could be a problem with each circuit on a different bus at the service panel (which is another known issue with powerline). The powerline adapters are gigabit and so is the router.

Using a direct HD the 350 would work fine with anything. Transfer speeds over network are a non issue there. Pretty simple.

Either way, it's really not a big deal. The 950 I have is not going to work for me, as it has power issues. Just as prior models did. And this is a unit bought very recently through Amazon, sold by Micca. A real shame if you ask me, because they still appear to be selling products that are still problematic, after knowing the issues expressed here and at Amazon.

One would think they'd put an end to their production issues after all this time. Apparently there are still problems in an otherwise potentially decent unit.
sigl is offline  
post #917 of 1654 Old 06-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
canton160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigl View Post

Have never been able to play any BD films over the 350 using powerline. Just never works. Any standard DVD does, though.
The main problem with the 950 is it's reboot problem or power out. So that's enough to return it on its own.
The 350 will play anything I throw at it, other than an mt2s or bdmv folder that is a BR film. It simply cannot do it over powerline network and Micca states that it wouldn't be able to do so given the high bit rate and transfer rates of those types of films over a non gigabit network. It's in their manual.
I have no other way to route network other than dragging a very long cat5 cable to the router. That may work, but I doubt it with the 350. It's not meant to do so. Over powerline that could be a problem with each circuit on a different bus at the service panel (which is another known issue with powerline). The powerline adapters are gigabit and so is the router.
Using a direct HD the 350 would work fine with anything. Transfer speeds over network are a non issue there. Pretty simple.
Either way, it's really not a big deal. The 950 I have is not going to work for me, as it has power issues. Just as prior models did. And this is a unit bought very recently through Amazon, sold by Micca. A real shame if you ask me, because they still appear to be selling products that are still problematic, after knowing the issues expressed here and at Amazon.
One would think they'd put an end to their production issues after all this time. Apparently there are still problems in an otherwise potentially decent unit.

glad you mention that, looks like you have a unit from early days with power on/off issues or even your power cord not working properly.
i would pm @jack micca your serial number unit, from what i read in this threat the new units have different serial number.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

 

 

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

canton160 is offline  
post #918 of 1654 Old 06-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Newbie
 
ralgha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, had been searching for this subject on the thread and the whole forum, sorry If it's around but couldn't find it.

Is there a way to have more char sets added for subtitles? I've been struggling trying to reproduce spanish subtitles which has accentuated letters like á, é, í, ó, ú or the ñ kind of letters.. it just messes up the word, sometime dissapearing additional lettters, sometimes replacing some letters (along the accentuated letter) with some chinesse symbol (kanji or so), and makes it most of the times unbeareable to read them. I've tried the UTF8, western as possible best options but then I went through all the set and none made a difference. Some of theses are embedded on the file so I can't go and replace them for non-accentuated letters or so, and while some others are not embedded is frustrating since sometimes all I want to do is sit with my girl and watch a movie or some episode and it gets pretty annoying to have to go turn up the pc and start editing the subtitle (we end up doing something else mostly). I would love to have this resolved somehow, since I bought this unit to be able to play 1080p mkv files since my Western Digital unit struggles with some of them, but I never had probs with subtitles.. so buying this unit isn't justifying my simple goal (haven't gone with 3D and other so I haven't stumbled with many things I read while searching for a solution to my prob).

Regards
ralgha is offline  
post #919 of 1654 Old 06-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
canton160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
@jack micca

any news on adorama backorders, I'm waiting EP600 g2 and a friend a EP950.

thanks
canton

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

 

 

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

canton160 is offline  
post #920 of 1654 Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Member
 
ehb224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

@jack micca
any news on adorama backorders, I'm waiting EP600 g2 and a friend a EP950.
thanks
canton
I got my backordered 950 yesterday but their website still shows it as out of stock. Have you tried calling them?
ehb224 is offline  
post #921 of 1654 Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sukumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forthworth,Texas
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does it support BLU-RAY menus? I like my dune and oppo player. Dune is better as media player and Oppo is better to play 3d as well from hard disk. I am hoping that EP 950 supports both of things that I need. I also need two USB ports and each supporting 8 or more port hub.

Appreciate any input.
sukumar is offline  
post #922 of 1654 Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM
 
streamerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

Does it support BLU-RAY menus? I like my dune and oppo player. Dune is better as media player and Oppo is better to play 3d as well from hard disk. I am hoping that EP 950 supports both of things that I need. I also need two USB ports and each supporting 8 or more port hub.
Appreciate any input.
nope on the blu ray menu's...
streamerlover is offline  
post #923 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Jack@Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

@jack micca
any news on adorama backorders, I'm waiting EP600 g2 and a friend a EP950.
thanks
canton

They are scheduled to get some more EP950's this week. EP600 G2's wait is a little longer, I'm afraid. But within the next 2 weeks or so, they should definitely get some EP600 G2's in.

Jack@Micca
Micca Support Specialist
Jack@Micca is offline  
post #924 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Jack@Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralgha View Post

Hi, had been searching for this subject on the thread and the whole forum, sorry If it's around but couldn't find it.
Is there a way to have more char sets added for subtitles? I've been struggling trying to reproduce spanish subtitles which has accentuated letters like á, é, í, ó, ú or the ñ kind of letters.. it just messes up the word, sometime dissapearing additional lettters, sometimes replacing some letters (along the accentuated letter) with some chinesse symbol (kanji or so), and makes it most of the times unbeareable to read them. I've tried the UTF8, western as possible best options but then I went through all the set and none made a difference. Some of theses are embedded on the file so I can't go and replace them for non-accentuated letters or so, and while some others are not embedded is frustrating since sometimes all I want to do is sit with my girl and watch a movie or some episode and it gets pretty annoying to have to go turn up the pc and start editing the subtitle (we end up doing something else mostly). I would love to have this resolved somehow, since I bought this unit to be able to play 1080p mkv files since my Western Digital unit struggles with some of them, but I never had probs with subtitles.. so buying this unit isn't justifying my simple goal (haven't gone with 3D and other so I haven't stumbled with many things I read while searching for a solution to my prob).
Regards

Hi, My understanding is that accents like the ones you described should be supported by default. Do you know if the subtitle files are encoded in UTF-8? Is the current behavior you are seeing just that the letters are not displayed at all? You can contact support@miccastore.com and provide them with a copy of one of the non-embedded subtitle files for them to analyze.

Jack@Micca
Micca Support Specialist
Jack@Micca is offline  
post #925 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Jack@Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigl View Post

Ordered a 950 from Amazon, having experienced and enjoyed the 350 and so far it isn't measuring up to the 350 for playback.
In the middle of playback, for no apparent reason it reboots or shuts down. I've experienced this a total of 4 times. No idea why. I assume it has the latest FW as it was shipped out just recently and usually Micca lets them out the door with the latest. It also had a small ding in the outer case on the top rear of the unit, a push out of the metal surround casing. I can probably live with that, as I'm not real concerned, but functionally it seems to be stuttering.
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just a need to return it unit. Thanks for the reply. I really like these players, though was disappointed in this last purchase.
Oh, the purchase was literally this past week, so it's supposed to be a more recent production run, unless it was a refurb unit sold as new (no indication by Amazon that this was a refurb). Thanks again.

The power-off reboot issue does not sound normal. It indicates a stability problem with this particular player. This is a different issue from the power issue that affected some of the first batch of players where the players took multiple attempts to turn on, but remained stable in use. The fact that it is physically damaged as well also leads me to recommend a return or exchange.

Jack@Micca
Micca Support Specialist
Jack@Micca is offline  
post #926 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Newbie
 
cisco150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello community Im looking to buy a media player and have a hard time choosing one help please guy's. Im looking at
the Himedia HD900B or the Micca EP950 want to know which ones better and or more support for it and play my full blu ray 3d iso i have a network adaptor in hand so im good one that issue. thanks again for all the help.


@ Oh Jack u have eta on new firmware for the ep950 bud.
cisco150 is offline  
post #927 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco150 View Post

Hello community Im looking to buy a media player and have a hard time choosing one help please guy's. Im looking at
the Himedia HD900B or the Micca EP950 want to know which ones better and or more support for it and play my full blu ray 3d iso i have a network adaptor in hand so im good one that issue. thanks again for all the help.
@ Oh Jack u have eta on new firmware for the ep950 bud.

Both are the same thing with different names. Micca has better support due to Jack@Micca being on this forum. What do you mean by network adaptor?

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is offline  
post #928 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Newbie
 
cisco150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What do you mean by network adaptor?[/quote] Oh i have a madcats wireless gaming adaptor 802.11n WiFi that i can plug in the ethernet port and use my routher to stream media. does both units use ddr3 i see himedia use ddr3 and micca use ddr2 and NAND Flash on micca is 256MB and himedia is 4gb NAND Flash is the info wrong, thanks for the reply or is it any better.
cisco150 is offline  
post #929 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco150 View Post

What do you mean by network adaptor?
Oh i have a madcats wireless gaming adaptor 802.11n WiFi that i can plug in the ethernet port and use my routher to stream media. does both units use ddr3 i see himedia use ddr3 and micca use ddr2 and NAND Flash on micca is 256MB and himedia is 4gb NAND Flash is the info wrong, thanks for the reply or is it any better.[/quote]

Good luck trying to stream high bitrate movie wireless. If you are looking spec wise the HiMedia looks better on paper, but Micca has better support and has had more frequent FW updates.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is offline  
post #930 of 1654 Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eagle_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I was watching a DVD file from a USB memory stick the other night and suddenly part way through, the screen turned black for just a moment, like the player just switched off, and then it came back up a moment later. The tv then popped up an on-screen notification that it picked up a new input, which always pops up when you switch inputs. So it was like I switched tv inputs, or physically turned off the player and turned it back on, which then the tv would see as a new input. Except the EP950 didn't actually turn off - I don't know what happened, but as soon as the screen came back up, it continued to play the DVD like nothing had happened - no boot screen, no menus or anything - just a black screen for a moment, like it was switching resolutions, then back to playing again. This was while playing a PAL DVD folder. The video was set to HDMI auto. I think the audio might have even continued to play but through my receiver but I can't recall 100%.

Any ideas what caused this behavior? It seems like a player issue because the tv behaved just like it normally would when you select a different input or change resolution from the source.
eagle_2 is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off