Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1656 Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just found this forum and have a question. I have the EP600, will the FW Bast Castle 1.03 work on it or is it specific for the 950?

My usb keeps dropping and telling me that the Media Was Removed with the latest Micca FW.

Thanks.
post #1653 of 1656 Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I recall that EP950 and EP600 G2 shared common Firmwares.  If you aren't too shy about removing the cover and examining the

motherboard model...It should indicate that it is a Hi-Media 900b.  That being the case, you should be good to go with bast-castle.

There are a large number of older forums around the Micca EP 950 and Hi-media's HD-900B.  Try to find some just to eliminate

any doubt because the wrong FW would brick your stuff.  Try to shy away from Android related forums because they will throw you

off track and there are a few android machines that look very similar to the EP 950 and 600G2.  Good luck.

Allen

post #1654 of 1656 Old 05-16-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicAVlvr View Post

I recall that EP950 and EP600 G2 shared common Firmwares.  If you aren't too shy about removing the cover and examining the
motherboard model...It should indicate that it is a Hi-Media 900b.  That being the case, you should be good to go with bast-castle.
There are a large number of older forums around the Micca EP 950 and Hi-media's HD-900B.  Try to find some just to eliminate
any doubt because the wrong FW would brick your stuff.  Try to shy away from Android related forums because they will throw you
off track and there are a few android machines that look very similar to the EP 950 and 600G2.  Good luck.

Allen

Thanks for the reply.
My Micca is a 600 but when I look in the settings it states it's a 950. I tried the bast-castle FW and it loaded fine. A few options that I like with the original FW weren't there or usable. Like the sleep mode. I saw it in the settings but couldn't get it to work.

One thing I was really hoping to see was the Plex App but it doesn't look like it's going to make it to this player.

I was using the latest FW from Micca and was having a few network drops but when I tired to use it with USB it would play a little while and then show Media Disconnected. It was not usable with USB. I tried 2 different drives plus a Thumb drive and had the problems.

Finally I download the previous FW 1.0.4.23 and installed that and it works fine on USB. I haven't tried the network yet since I'm not at home right now but I'm not expecting a problem.

I wanted to get another unit but I guess these aren't available anymore. It seems like Media Players are getting harder to fine. Any recommendations? I have a couple of PopcornHours but it looks like those are no longer available, at least here in the US. I don't know what happened.

Thank again.
Allen (looks like we share the same name and spelling too!)
post #1655 of 1656 Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 PM

@Burnerbum I have the micca 600 g2, where i Can get the best firmware to use it? (bast castle 1.03?) Where i can download it? Thanks veryu much
post #1656 of 1656 Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

Can someone please point me to directions of how I open the ep950...I have removed all the screws I can visibly see but I still cannot get the box to open...Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page