Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all

I have searched the forum with no results, so I am asking: Has anybody tried this new device?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel.../dp/B004VM1T5S

I currently use an Apple TV to stream music from my iphone and ipad to the AV receiver. I am more than happy, however it resamples music to 48khz, and when I stream music from my iphone to the AV directly (I can also do that, with no Apple TV in the middle) I notice a better quality, as it keeps 44.1khz

You might wonder why I do not always use the second method (from iphone to AV directly). It is just because it does not accept m4a format (apple lossless) so I can use it only for mp3

So, if anybody has tried it, please share your view on it. I have made hundreds of searchs in internet and still do not know which sample it delivers, 44.1 khz or 48 khz. For the price it deserves a try
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Bought my wife this one for Christmas. I'll let you know how it works in a week if I remember.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492-.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

-Suntan
post #3 of 8 Old 12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 82
Hi Deckard,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post

. . . and still do not know which sample it delivers, 44.1 khz or 48 khz.

It delivers neither. Bluetooth does not have the bandwidth for either of those two sample rates.

Bluetooth defines a profile called A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) for stereo audio. Athough A2DP can use any codec that fits in the available bandwidth, the only one required, and therefore the only one anybody uses, is SBC (subband codec).

For music, SBC is a very lossy codec. If you want to listen to lossless music, you should avoid Bluetooth altogether. It simply doesn't have the bandwidth.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM

As a purchaser of a Logitech(Model #980-000540) version of that Belkin product, I am having sound quality issues. Doesn't sound nearly as good in my SE HBH-990 bluetooth headphones...and this is from the same WP7 device to the Logitech and into the Yamaha stereo receiver via RCA jacks.

The other problem that I have is my I have had driver issues with my Win7 laptop during the pairing process(laptop to adapter). Any idea as to where I can obtain the necessary driver(s)? I am at a loss on the Logitech web site and will shortly send an email enquiring about a download....any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

And I nearly forgot, what should I be using instead? I have a dedicated RCA jack into my receiver with a variable volume knob. I was planning to use the converter and plug into the wall plate via RCA cable, but then decided to plug directly into the receiver(skipping the wall plate altogether). Phone(WP7) works but laptop install won't take.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-14-2012, 03:05 PM

so does the sound tranferred has loss?

which is the perfect soluiton for streaming music from an android phone?

wifi, dlna, bluetooth or connecting to usb slot on the amp ?
post #6 of 8 Old 08-04-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

Bought my wife this one for Christmas. I'll let you know how it works in a week if I remember.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492-.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

-Suntan

i will transfer streaming music from my dell xps15z laptop. is my laptop's soundcard quality important?i wish it s not important because of streaming from internet

is blueooth transferring as good as wifi and dlna?

thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 08-05-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 82
Hi Fulhamx5,

I was hoping someone with Android experience would chime in, but it appears to not be happening. So I will try, although I have yet to try Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulhamx5 View Post

With Bluetooth, yes. How much loss depends on your source. It will be a serious degradation from FLAC, but a minimal degradation from a low-bitrate MP3.

Quote:
which is the perfect soluiton for streaming music from an android phone?

wifi, dlna, bluetooth or connecting to usb slot on the amp ?
There probably is no perfect solution. The USB slot would probably be the best quality, but WiFi may be the same. Bluetooth would probably be the worst, but DLNA may be as bad. DLNA might also be as good as USB and WiFi, as you never can tell with DLNA.

Quote:
i will transfer streaming music from my dell xps15z laptop. is my laptop's soundcard quality important? i wish it s not important because of streaming from internet
The quality of the soundcard won't matter, as it won't be involved when streaming to another device. It only matters when listening directly from the laptop.

When streaming from the Internet, the quality could vary drastically from one Internet-radio station to the next. You need to look at the received bit-rate and the codec to get some idea of the quality of each station.

Quote:
is blueooth transferring as good as wifi and dlna?
Bluetooth will not be as good as WiFi. DLNA could be anywhere between the two.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-11-2012, 01:43 AM

thank u
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page