Zappiti, Yadis, and MyMovies for Dune - Page 3 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #61 of 64 Old 09-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thankyou for the reply Mr Eric

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 01-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've got a question for shows that may not have standard conventions in their season structure. In example, the History channel started off with season 1, 2, 3, but at some point they changed to years. So their format is 2010x22, etc. Please see here for an example. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=80996&lid=7 The show in question is Sniper: Deadliest Missions. Is there any way to get Zappiti to scrape this?
post #63 of 64 Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Disregard. Got it working.
post #64 of 64 Unread Today, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Kind of an old thread, hoping to revive it.

In case anyone cares, my method for working with offline movies with yaDIS:
1. Create "dummy" video files in any video editor. I set the resolution to 720p to keep the file size down. In the video I created a simple title: "this title is offline". I only made the video 5 seconds long and saved it as an .mov file.
2. You can copy and paste a bunch of these for as many movies that are stored on disc (offline). Label each one the name of the movie. I find it easiest to just type and hit tab on the keyboard to rename the next file automatically. I duplicated over 200 of these files.
3. Download the program "filetofolder". This will automatically put each movie file into it's own folder with the matching file name. Easy!
4. YaDIS will process these movies and assign the default box cover. This is a black generic case with no labels on it. Obviously, you must select the "Use box cases" in the yasDIS setup menu. Go to the png image of this default box cover, found within C:/Program files/yaDIS/images (?). I used photoshop to open the image and place an icon on the top-right of the case. Save the image preserving transparency. I actually edited the Blu Ray 3D case and saved it as the default case because I wanted a blue colored case. It's important not to change any aspect or dimensions of the image.
5. Back to the dummy files: I put all these dummy files into their own root folder called "offline movies" and set it as a scan location within yaDIS.

You will notice that all of the offine movies now display that nice case you created. Easily identifiable which movie is offline when browsing the movie wall. If you forget and play the movie you will be greeted with the "This movie is offline" video that plays.

CONS:
  • There won't be the time displayed in the backdrop art. You could always manually type it in for each movie.
  • This wouldn't work if you have real .mov files in your collection.

THOUGHTS:
  • Before you do this, it might be a good idea to create an "Online" selection and add all your movies to it. CTRL+A selecting all your movies and simply right-click and type "online" in the selection field and hit enter. I would image you might want to just browse for movies you don't have to get off the couch for
  • You can use any design you want for step #4.
  • You can play around with different video formats. I first tried this with .avi files. I do not recommend this since there is a weird bug. The cover will get the default cover, but it is actually set to "DVD" box art within yaDIS. When i changed something, like a genre and clicked "Apply", it set it with the dvd box cover. I then had to change the cover for each one of these movies covers manually. This is why I recommend .mov video files for the dummies.
  • I also saved my custom box art to the "Blu Ray 3D" cover. I don't plan on having any 3D titles. This allows me to manually change any cover to my offline cover by selecting the "Blu Ray 3D" cover in yaDIS. You can also change the cover in yaDIS again if you bring an offline movie online.
Seems like a lot of work, but I managed to get through it pretty quickly. The ~250 offline files only amounted to about 30MB. I am happy to share the custom disc icon and the video files if you want. Just PM me.

example:
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Synology Diskstation 5 Bay Diskless Scalable Network Attached Storage Ds1511 Black
Gear in this thread - Ds1511 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page